drift faster than grip

• Thread starter 280Z_surge
  • 478 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait...i saw everythin but that...but yea...no prob, bad habbit anyway, umm... anyone where i can get the video card or sumthin liek that...so that ican post up my video's for grip and drift styles?

Long-Drifter
wait...i saw everythin but that...but yea...no prob, bad habbit anyway, umm... anyone where i can get the video card or sumthin liek that...so that ican post up my video's for grip and drift styles?
Did you read all of DA's post. The part about not posting off topic stuff in threads.

Anyway, it's a good question. Go with either an all in one or go with a pinnacle adapter. Not a dazzle! If you've got the cash, just go to best buy and pick up one!:)

ForcedInduction
Yes it's basically based on the driver. But what i'm confused about is how you say you can beat [the AI] in arcade mode by drifting? The hp levels should be around the same and the fact that you beat comps by drifting....just i don't believe it. Drift maybe faster on some turns but you have to see the race as a whole. I do not believe drift can beat grip on a FULL race.

I have beat the AIs using a fully modified Nismo 400R with Simulation Tires in Arcade Mode. It was Apricot Hill on Hard. Very difficult but possible to do without using dirty tactics. You need to be good at passing because the driving styles are so different. Sometimes they will be moving really fast while you are slow and others they are going slow and you are rocketing. Not hitting them or letting them spin you is the main challenge.

Swift
Did you read all of DA's post. The part about not posting off topic stuff in threads.

Anyway, it's a good question. Go with either an all in one or go with a pinnacle adapter. Not a dazzle! If you've got the cash, just go to best buy and pick up one!:)

yea i got dazzle, lol... aight thanx man

wellyrn
I have beat the AIs using a fully modified Nismo 400R with Simulation Tires in Arcade Mode. It was Apricot Hill on Hard. Very difficult but possible to do without using dirty tactics. You need to be good at passing because the driving styles are so different. Sometimes they will be moving really fast while you are slow and others they are going slow and you are rocketing. Not hitting them or letting them spin you is the main challenge.

that was drifting ?

Long-Drifter
ok for one thing... tell me how ur post to drift a car thats prolly over 1000 HP and less than 10 centimeters off the ground and steering so sencitive that if u make the smallest mistake even driving normal u'll spin about 5 times... lol, that was a dumb question... and ummm...that was technical lol, ummm midnite, like i said b4, a drifter can block in a grip driver even if iexit slower u can't go no where till i actually get str8 again which at that point we'd b doing about the same speed possaly one of us would b about 7-12 mph faster... and the forward motion is always going... for the grip driver to contine u forward is not a great big deal...the drifer goin in a angle can b in the winds direction... wind = downforce = grip...the grip driver already has that grip... to me i find the grip drive has not that much mreo grip than a drifter....they both can spin jus as easy... drifter lil easyer, also liek i said b4...it depends on wut type of drift it is...theres only bout...wut? 8 diffrent types? power over is slow in the exit...faint drifting is fast out of exits fast entering, brake drift is slow int oand out of but very fast in the drift motion capable of passing i the turn, e-braking is fast into the drift bur slow out...kidna slow while drifting also ((my opioin)) heel-toe i find the fastest and clutch kick also..

exactly they're designed to grip drive cuz grip driving is faster... and their probably more like 3-4cms off teh ground...

u're telling me u're gonna rely on wind to help u take a corner? what u're gonna check out the wind sock before hittign the track? common be real man...
and btw 7-12 mph is a BIG diff...

Ottoman
exactly they're designed to grip drive cuz grip driving is faster... and their probably more like 3-4cms off teh ground...

u're telling me u're gonna rely on wind to help u take a corner? what u're gonna check out the wind sock before hittign the track? common be real man...
and btw 7-12 mph is a BIG diff...

did those words appear in my sentence? no...i was saying that the wind could help...and 7-12 mph aint a big diff...2 u yes...others mayb not, F1 drivers use grip cuz itz faster for them... so u jus answered ur own question...

lol becareful wut you ask then say, lmao.... cuz you jus agreed wit me... 💡 ...wanna try again? wut style to nascars use? not grip cuz they can drift...and monster trucks are over 1100 hp and they can drift ((saw it on t.v.))

Long Drifter, we've discussed the typing Issue.

Ottoman, for your viewing pleasure, See this post.

I'm going to start heavily enforcing this rule. With GT4 just around the corner, and Drifting rumored to be included as a portion of it, I'm not going to let the GTP drifters slip into a sub par forum.

I'm working with Jordan on a solution for the Drifters forum when GT4 comes out, and I need everyones efforts to show that some of the solutions will work.

THanks

Der Alta

Ok, I just had to step in here. F1 cars do not drift, Nascars do not drift, Touring cars do not drift, LeMans cars do not drift, Superbikes do not drift, Rally cars...... well they drift but only because it is faster off road. The rest of them use grip because GRIP IS FASTER, got it. Drifting is only good FOR SHOW. That is why they do it, because it looks good. You cannot go faster when your rear wheels HAVE NO TRACTION. Geez.

u're doin the 4 million posts in a row thing again...

u said Drift is faster then Grip..

I said grip is fast then Drift and used F1 (the fastest 4 wheel racing can get) as an example.. how am i agreeing with u?

the whole Idea of drifting is to be on the Edge of losing control and oversteering

how are they the same in almost spinning out?

u said "wind=downforce=grip" since i obviously didn't understand what u meant.. u wanna explain to me how drifting sideways into the wind is gonna give u more downforce ?

Der Alta
Ottoman, for your viewing pleasure, See this post.
Der Alta

ah you want me to stop using "u" and u're right?

my bad... chat habits die hard.. i type everything else correct generally... just the "u's" plus i have alot of stuff to say and try to put it down fast...
i'll make more an effort :dopey:

Drifting in GT4

is it goin to be similar to NFS:UG where u get rated points and such? or even a Drift license? and drifting tournments? have any of these rumours been touched on by PD?

"U"!!? It's hard to get rid of.. but it will disappear eventually...
At this point, nobody knows... but i got my fingers crossed that it is judged on control,style, and speed... not how long the drift is and "combo multiplying"...

...wuts the point of having spoiler?... for looks yea...and downforce...you sayin a grip racer can't spin out? if nascar drivers use grip they sure do spin out hella lot...F1 also...superbikes??? im not into bike so shush DQuan...a drifter can keep up wit a they're
grip racer and grip and keep up wit a drifter dpending on the drivers skills... Otto..u said "they're designed to grip drive cuz grip driving is faster... and their probably more like 3-4cms off teh ground..." so why even bring up why they are not drifting, if you already know that they are desgined for grip racing being that FOR THERE TYPE OF SET-UP it's faster? o yea... show me 1 video that shows a grip racer beating a drifter... i saw plenty of drifters beat grip racers, jus cuz it ian't a "national" sport, don't mean it ain't fast or faster than grip racing, grip racing is a american thing... drifting is japan..even i nteh touring class the cars are set drift, they dont drift but when the tires spin, they do take the turns in a drift...good expamle is nascar, last race i saw one of the cars spun and actualyl drifted...((which is kinda scary))

o yea...and rally cars drift because they couldn't grip races if they wanted too... go and try and have your tires grip on a corner at over 70mph and 450HP, and i'll watch ya on the news the next moring : headlnes : "man crashes car and rapped around tree"

Long Drifter.

First. Use the edit button. I see how you used it once, but you could've used it more to stop the repeated posts.

This thread is getting a bit redundant. You show me laptimes where a drifter is faster around the track then a professional driver that is using grip then maybe you can prove your point. But saying that a drifter can "beat" a grip driver in a battle is extremely pointless. I'll tell you something right now. All drifters that have any skills at all started as a grip driver. And most likely they only drift when the situation calls for it in a battle.

But like I said. It's getting a bit old. If you want to believe that drift is faster then fine. But by the fundamental laws of physics that noone can escape, grip is faster. Not by a whole lot. But it is faster.

Oh, geez. Grip racing isn't an American thing, its a rest of the world thing. And the sports I mentioned don't grip race because "that is what their cars are set up to do" they do it becase it is faster. You don't see Frank Williams saying "you know what lads, if we set up our car to drift, we might actually beat Michael Shumacer". HOW CAN YOU GO FASTER WHEN ONLY TWO OUT OF YOUR FOUR WHEELS HAVE GRIP???? The more g's your car can pull, the faster it can go round a corner. If the rear wheels don't have grip, the car won't be able to pull as many g's.

DQuaN
Oh, geez. Grip racing isn't an American thing, its a rest of the world thing. And the sports I mentioned don't grip race because "that is what their cars are set up to do" they do it becase it is faster. You don't see Frank Williams saying "you know what lads, if we set up our car to drift, we might actually beat Michael Shumacer". HOW CAN YOU GO FASTER WHEN ONLY TWO OUT OF YOUR FOUR WHEELS HAVE GRIP???? The more g's your car can pull, the faster it can go round a corner. If the rear wheels don't have grip, the car won't be able to pull as many g's.
That makes sense to me. The difference in speed isn't great. But it IS there.

DQuaN

Thank u.. that was the Point i was trying to make...

Ottoman
Thank u.. that was the Point i was trying to make...

...that iz tru...not disagreeing wit it, but a drifter can still block a grip driver lol...they may be gonig faster but if you can't go no where...wut you gonan do? slow down or ram the guy and take out both your cars?...my ponit is that there are times and ways a drifter can beat a grip...grip only has 1 technque...drifting theres like 8...

Long-Drifter
...that iz tru...not disagreeing wit it, but a drifter can still block a grip driver lol...they may be gonig faster but if you can't go no where...wut you gonan do? slow down or ram the guy and take out both your cars?...my ponit is that there are times and ways a drifter can beat a grip...grip only has 1 technque...drifting theres like 8...
Are you serioius? The gripper only has one technique. Come on. They've got just as many as drifters do. Late apex, early apex, heel-toe, all kinds of stuff. So technique is not the issue. Also, you CAN block while grip driving. But I thought this thread was about drift being faster. Not a drifter beating a grip driver in a battle.

If we're talking battle then RX7 FD Drifter is absolutly right. However, if we go by pure lap times. All things being equal, the grip time will be better. Period.

ithought iwas bout beating...? lap times yes a grip would b a bit faster... but i seriously thought iwas about the drifter having the ability to beat grip ? lol

that was wut i was sayin the hole time....and theres neva a "Period"... a person can keep going on and on and on lol on how a drifter has the ability to possablly have a time that is ether very lil slower or very lil faster than a grip... i don't care what ya'll say... it's an opioion matter, there facts to back up both sides, ya'll think wut ya'll like...i'll think wut i like, don't liek what i like? tough cookies 🤬

Actually, I have the ability to put in a period.
"."

We all have our different opinions, and this argument can be equated to Snowboarding vs. Skiing, Ice skating vs. Hockey, rugby vs. (american) Football.

And a handful of various other sports.

It's an argument that can't be won. There are decisions and caveats that can make one faster than the other and vice versa.

I'm tired of the argument. I've been on both sides of the fence and each one has it's merits.

AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back