Drift question?

• Thread starter DeDrifter
  • 30 comments
Ok I have a silivia Q and I have the wrx sti, The wrx sti is fully tuned and the Silvia Q has only the suspenchin So here goes my question?

How come I can drift in my wrx sti and not my silvia Q?

Which model for the Q? It may be because the Q does not have the same amount of power that you are used to in the wrx. Also, different cars have different sweet spots. It only takes a matter of time before you get it right. 👍 :)

Which model for the Q? It may be because the Q does not have the same amount of power that you are used to in the wrx. Also, different cars have different sweet spots. It only takes a matter of time before you get it right. 👍 :)
Not sure but it's model 88 though

Isn't the Q the lesser model of the 2 S13's for that year?

And maybe you're able to drift the Subby because it's tuned to the gills and the S13 isn't.

What I'm thinking, Is because if the car is stock, and has no power upgrades (i suggest maybe around 250-350hp for a sylvia) If your just starting out, Its VERY hard... I still cannot drift a stock s15,13,or 14. Try adding maybe a custom tranny and give it abit shorter gear ratios, giving you abit more tourqe at the wheels...

Go buy a Silvia K's and mod that. In the game, Q's are poo. K's is better everywhere stock compared to Q's.
Also, you need to take notice of the drivetrain differences. the WRX is AWD, while the Silvia is RWD. Huge difference there. Your basically trying to compare apples to oranges.

he doesn't have a point, he bascially rephrase what you wrote in your first post..., in fact.. tat's the answer essentially to your question

Oh come on, I had a point. My point helped him realize part of what was wrong with his situation. Just because the answer was in his own post doesn't mean anything.

And I definitely had a point about the Q being the lesser of the two S13's.

I also vote that AWD sucks for drifting.

Espically for starting out Loon!

AWD, hm... I've NEVER got a drift in one, and I dont see how people do... What you did in your videos DE, was more of a power slide... where as it startes sliding, and you just Floor it in hopes it stays on the track.... :-\

Espically for starting out Loon!

AWD, hm... I've NEVER got a drift in one, and I dont see how people do... What you did in your videos DE, was more of a power slide... where as it startes sliding, and you just Floor it in hopes it stays on the track.... :-\
Then what car would you suggest for the moob here?

Right now I just purchased the fairlady Z special edition ( of corse after I watched tokyo drift ) so sue me, I like that movie :)

Oh come on, I had a point. My point helped him realize part of what was wrong with his situation. Just because the answer was in his own post doesn't mean anything.

And I definitely had a point about the Q being the lesser of the two S13's.

I also vote that AWD sucks for drifting.
First of all from the videos on youtube I've watched countles drift video's and from their example I was drifting in my video or I wouldn't have posted it other wise.....

Double Posting wasn't necessary...

AWD drifting i figured is not for those hardcore drift enthuiasts, but isometimes like to whip out an AWD or to to play with for a while.. mainly because some AWD's look damn Hot :)

First of all from the videos on youtube I've watched countles drift video's and from their example I was drifting in my video or I wouldn't have posted it other wise.....

I think you meant to quote Picc84 here...I didn't say anything about your vid.

No Problem De. Were just trying to help you out here... Hm... Like I said, Maybe try an Amuse R1... or the street versian! I'm going to quick try to make a video of me with the DS2, see what I get...

i still dont understand how you get a AWD/4WD into a RWD setting...

yea, Q's arent Turbo'ed like the K's. Just get a stock K, get the oil changed, throw some N3's on it, and go slide with no traction controls.

Dont Forget: More countersteer = more snapback, Less Countersteer = less snapback and smoother drifting

thats for me i suppose

Well, what he should of done is read the guides or at least the stickies.You won't learn a lot from watching videos unless the text is actually readable and makes sense. You stated that you drifted your WRX but what year? if it is around 2003 then your doing it wrong. I tried it already and my STi was fully tuned, including a stock one The majority of the time your going to use AIDS for that Rex.

im not sure to be honest.

The Q isnt a fantastic car to drift, make sure you get weight reduction and then up the power, but dont go over 300bhp, i wouldnt aven go over 260bhp, then make sure all the driver aids are off and have some fun!

And remember to add some comfort or economy tyres, priceless modification...literally its absolutely free!

What do you mean you cannot drift it?

I don't understand when people say they can't drift certin cars.

If it is RWD I can drift it.

Like you cannot even get the rear wheels to start sliding or what? Just do it.

What do you mean you cannot drift it?

I don't understand when people say they can't drift certin cars.

If it is RWD I can drift it.

Like you cannot even get the rear wheels to start sliding or what? Just do it.

Getting it around is only half the battle, you still have to maintain control and continue through the corner. For some people its not as easy as it is for others, so chill and try to help them out. Its what GTPlanet is for.

Getting it around is only half the battle, you still have to maintain control and continue through the corner. For some people its not as easy as it is for others, so chill and try to help them out. Its what GTPlanet is for.

I was trying to get more info of what he was having troble with in the drift.

Its not that i, or most other people cant drift that particular car, its just not as easy as say, the S2000, its too sluggish, and that can only really be solved by one of two things, more power, but that will throw the balance of the car into chaos, or with some extreme bravery, and if youre too brave in that car then your going into the trees...backwards.... ;)

Its not that i, or most other people cant drift that particular car, its just not as easy as say, the S2000, its too sluggish, and that can only really be solved by one of two things, more power, but that will throw the balance of the car into chaos, or with some extreme bravery, and if youre too brave in that car then your going into the trees...backwards.... ;)
More power isn't always the answer. If you can't drift a certain car, why don't you try another one? Many recommended cars like the 240sx, Rx7 series and such are the many types of cars that are used.Adding more power will disrupt the balance, that is true but if you can't handle a stock car for a limited of time during your trial, what makes you think you can handle a high horse power car?

Latest Posts

Back