Drift Trials into the online enviroment. Post here your feeling about it.

Brazil
Porto Alegre
LazyLiquid
Today i was training using my G25 and failing miserably, and then after a random relog into the game, i noticed the update 1.05. In the first sight i got happy because i was expecting some fresh news for the game, and then i got even more curious after see that it wasn´t any small update, actualy it had 100mb. Nice...

Waiting the download, done. Waiting it getting installed, done. Got into the game, had to update another smaller fix, done. Got into again and i saw some "not so wanted" new features, but my eyes popped when i readed that now there was an option of Drift Trials for the online lobies...

Even thinking how lame it could be, i had to try it myself. And then i just realized that there is nothing so bad that can´t be even worse:
- The cars have no desire of tandem, since there is no bonus for twin drifts.
- AWD cars taking advantage and fishtailing the whole track no matter what.
- People asking to turn on Ghost mode to not be bumped.
- Small (ridiculous, id say) payout.

I´m just thinking now... i really didn´t understood if all tracks labeled as "Drift Racing" now will be forced to have this counter. Besides, why PD still insist in something that the large majority of the true drift enthusiasts never wanted?

If they want these trials, at least keep it away from the online enviroment, just put it into the Sessionals like in GT5 and let us get some easy cash instead polute the online gameplay plus putting a offensive payout on it.

These are my words, i don´t know if anybody have something else to say. If this thread might be locked, i dont mind because my point of view is registered and im sure that many more also will complain somewhere else.

EDIT:
People are saying that all noizes, scores and flags related to the trial an be turned off.

Last edited:
The only way you get points same way then GT5. Massive Angle, Lots of Speed. And you can't usually take you're own line its garbage. Forza system is better. From what I seen.

The only way you get points same way then GT5. Massive Angle, Lots of Speed. And you can't usually take you're own line its garbage. Forza system is better. From what I seen.
im drifting now it feels good to me. my rooms set on drift trial, grip on real, ch tires. and simply it feels good

Today was the first time I've done online drifting so I just thought that was the normal place for it. Definitely felt a bit different to a normal test drive but it seemed to suit me better because I suck. Big time.

Otherwise, Isho (MCR-Ishox) noticed one good thing about it: More turning angle.
I´ts well known since GT5 that Drift Trials had increased angles and it happens again now.
Stills, i didn´t changed my mind.

Otherwise, Isho (MCR-Ishox) noticed one good thing about it: More turning angle.
I´ts well known since GT5 that Drift Trials had increased angles and it happens again now.
Stills, i didn´t changed my mind.
So there is definitely a physics change in drift trial mode?

Never tried it in gt6, always drift in free run personally.

Yes your right we get extra steering lock in drift trial mode. My team mate has confirmed this with pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
In my opinion they should've increased the steering angle in every mode you play on or just dont. Whenever you want to do some drift trials online you've gotta take into consideration that you're on a high amount of steering angle and need to get used to it, specially if you're on wheel. I really dont see this thing happening any soon.

I think it's a complete joke. It's really bad. Has nothing to do with drifting what so ever. :/ I mean, they could have done SO MUCH for the drifting community, and they end up giving us yet another completely crap update.

My question is simple: What the **** are you guys doing at PD headquarters?

You know I
I think it's a complete joke. It's really bad. Has nothing to do with drifting what so ever. :/ I mean, they could have done SO MUCH for the drifting community, and they end up giving us yet another completely crap update.

My question is simple: What the **** are you guys doing at PD headquarters?
You know what guys? I LOVE IT the fact that we have way more angle makes drifting way more fun and brings happiness to my face maybe even we could use the drift trial lobbies for comps and VDC and such IMO I love more angle:)

You know I

You know what guys? I LOVE IT the fact that we have way more angle makes drifting way more fun and brings happiness to my face maybe even we could use the drift trial lobbies for comps and VDC and such IMO I love more angle:)

You can't use it for comps... have you tried it? Cars disappear, youre the only person on track during the trial. :s

You can't use it for comps... have you tried it? Cars disappear, youre the only person on track during the trial. :s
that's not true. I hosted a drift trial lobby, during free run and the actual start event mode we all was there.... :confused:

that's not true. I hosted a drift trial lobby, during free run and the actual start event mode we all was there.... :confused:

During free run there were people on track yes, but when I did it the other people disappeared and it looked the same as it does on Licenses. (Other people's lines and stuff on the road).

Edit: Might be because of the lobby settings?

During free run there were people on track yes, but when I did it the other people disappeared and it looked the same as it does on Licenses. (Other people's lines and stuff on the road).

We held an online lobby yesterday, connection issues caused a few people to not see each other, otherwise we could drift with others, watch others. I even had a 150km/h speed difference collision, and we both kept our scores, untill the other guy went off track! We didn't however hold a race, so I'm unsure if it would change afterwards.

idk worked fine for me. there wasn't lines...just ppl drifting... unless you was on time trial?

We held an online lobby yesterday, connection issues caused a few people to not see each other, otherwise we could drift with others, watch others. I even had a 150km/h speed difference collision, and we both kept our scores, until the other guy went off track! We didn't however hold a race, so I'm unsure if it would change afterwards.
it doesn't you can practice in free mode drift trial with everyone or start the event. the event lasts between 5 mins to 30 mins you can choose that in the setup. but no ghosts no lines. just normal drifting with everyone but with more turning radius

Back