Drift Trials into the online enviroment. Post here your feeling about it.

I must confess, I had a little slide in drift trial mode earlier today.

It's more of a joke than I remember.

The counter only ticks for about half the time that I'm sideways, then awards me the points after I completely lose control, and spin off track.

Hilarious and pointless in equal measure.

Since the update this is the most realistic GT has ever felt to myself and other people I drift with In real life and we use wheels (g25/g27/fanatec gt2). One of the biggest problems with gt6 was the very stock narrow steering angle of most cars. Increased steering angle and other small physics changes has been implemented and it is a whole new world now. They could do away with the flags and counter in the middle of the screen but the other changes are golden.

I will say though that the scoring system is ripe for abuse by noobs, I've already seen it happening but with good room hosting it can be cut down on.

So are the physics now different in online drift trial mode? I made a drift lobby a few hours ago to do some tuning in and I couldn't tell if it was the game or the car (Supra, the non turbo one), but it definately felt like there was a ton more grip, felt like I was on SS tyres when I was using CH, had to max out the power just to get the car to break traction properly. Is it like offline drift mode now or is that just how the Supra is normally?

Since the update this is the most realistic GT has ever felt to myself and other people I drift with In real life and we use wheels (g25/g27/fanatec gt2). One of the biggest problems with gt6 was the very stock narrow steering angle of most cars. Increased steering angle and other small physics changes has been implemented and it is a whole new world now. They could do away with the flags and counter in the middle of the screen but the other changes are golden.

I will say though that the scoring system is ripe for abuse by noobs, I've already seen it happening but with good room hosting it can be cut down on.

Since 1.05?

Can I just clarify that you are sure there is a difference in physics between time trial and drift trial?

What about offline vs online? (I'm restricted to offline)

My blast in the offline drift trial didn't show any physics difference except for the increased lock and therefore quicker rack.

I'm also on 1.04 so that might explain it.

Never been a fan of having different physics for drift mode... Kind of defeats the idea of a simulator.

Since 1.05?

Can I just clarify that you are sure there is a difference in physics between time trial and drift trial?

What about offline vs online? (I'm restricted to offline)

My blast in the offline drift trial didn't show any physics difference except for the increased lock and therefore quicker rack.

I'm also on 1.04 so that might explain it.

Never been a fan of having different physics for drift mode... Kind of defeats the idea of a simulator.

What I meant specifically about the physics changing was that the very unrealistic front end pull/yank over towards the walls after what feels like the front tires have caught 100% traction in a spilt second is noticeably reduced from before. It's just small stuff like that nothing major, the steering angle increase has done the most to improve the feel and flow.

What I meant specifically about the physics changing was that the very unrealistic front end pull/yank over towards the walls after what feels like the front tires have caught 100% traction in a spilt second is noticeably reduced from before. It's just small stuff like that nothing major, the steering angle increase has done the most to improve the feel and flow.
Ok, and is this only in online drift trial?

Or offline drift trial 1.04 vs 1.05?

Or time trial vs drift trial?

Sorry for the questioning, but I'm intrigued. :dopey:

So are the physics now different in online drift trial mode? I made a drift lobby a few hours ago to do some tuning in and I couldn't tell if it was the game or the car (Supra, the non turbo one), but it definately felt like there was a ton more grip, felt like I was on SS tyres when I was using CH, had to max out the power just to get the car to break traction properly. Is it like offline drift mode now or is that just how the Supra is normally?

Yea as stated in my other reply there are small physics tweaks it feels like. But as for the issue with the tires, I have mentioned in my circle of friends that the grip level has drastically increased for CH tires from launch and especially from gt5. We all HATED ch tires in gt5 because to us it was not like driving our real cars. In real life you are looking for traction and using the best tires you can afford and also that your drivetrain can handle not the worst. It's true that budget drifters will use any tire they can get there hands on but people with the means and people that compete use very good tires.

CH traction and realism has increased so much, I did a race on nurburgring in 100% rain and 100% wet and it felt very real, granted there is a physics change in rain condition there is also more realistic tire traction as well, the tires themselves have still improved a lot.

People driving on CH in gt6 are really getting the traction on proper set ups that would match that of CM and CS on gt5 and don't even realize it. But overall the tire modeling has greatly improved from gt5.

I agree completely about the CH having more grip than gt5.

I used to run CS in gt5, but CH has great grip in gt6, in regards to going sideways.

Yea as stated in my other reply there are small physics tweaks it feels like. But as for the issue with the tires, I have mentioned in my circle of friends that the grip level has drastically increased for CH tires from launch and especially from gt5. We all HATED ch tires in gt5 because to us it was not like driving our real cars. In real life you are looking for traction and using the best tires you can afford and also that your drivetrain can handle not the worst. It's true that budget drifters will use any tire they can get there hands on but people with the means and people that compete use very good tires.

CH traction and realism has increased so much, I did a race on nurburgring in 100% rain and 100% wet and it felt very real, granted there is a physics change in rain condition there is also more realistic tire traction as well, the tires themselves have still improved a lot.

People driving on CH in gt6 are really getting the traction on proper set ups that would match that of CM and CS on gt5 and don't even realize it. But overall the tire modeling has greatly improved from gt5.
I agree with that, but I was asking about today vs. yesterday rather than gt6 vs. 5. The car felt like I was using it in offline Drift mode rather than the normal online drift lobby.

I agree with that, but I was asking about today vs. yesterday rather than gt6 vs. 5. The car felt like I was using it in offline Drift mode rather than the normal online drift lobby.

Yes from what I hear of people that recently played offline drift mode it has been ported to the online mode, those small changes including the increased angle has been ported over from offline mode. I didn't play offline mode like that so I have to take the word of players that have.

Yes from what I hear of people that recently played offline drift mode it has been ported to the online mode, those small changes including the increased angle has been ported over from offline mode. I didn't play offline mode like that so I have to take the word of players that have.
Ok fair enough, I will try a free run lobby next time and see if it feels more like I'm expecting when I drift online. Thank you for answering

Personally, I love the drift trials...kind of.

I like to drift, and drift as fast as possible. Earlier when drifting online(against the clock) there was almost every time "that guy" that would enter in a time attack-tuned car, set a laptime that could be 10-20 seconds faster than everybody elses (who were drifting) and then leave. That really took away my motivation to drift faster.

Yes, the scoring system could be better, but this is more like the way I like it. Although I really wouldn't mind if they increased the payouts.

Those of you that don't like it and have a problem with the drift trails. There is a very simple solution. Don't enter a drift trial. Do the free runs. Problem solved.

I couldn´t find a single free roam room today. Everyone is on the fever of the Drift Trials. The highest moment of the night was gather 23k in Tsukuba on my S14 and then start to complain that the scores was killing my concentration, hahaha.

Tandems? Yes with some few friends that i found lost too... but in general, everyone are more worried to compare their scores. Average drifters are taking around 15k~20k in Tsukuba when fishtailing the whole bigger straight.

Handling? Well, i never needed (in DS3) more turning to have good angles, but i feel like its harder to shift weight now. It takes a bit more to feel confortable and takes more accel modulation. Also i felt that the brakes are stronger than the usual (i don´t know, possibly i may be wrong, but most times i was diving in the 1st corner before i used to, no mater what angle i was pulling). About more tire grips, i honestly didn´t felt any diference.

Actualy im worried, because it will split the already broken and weak scene and community. Now i don´t know who of my friends will stay pure or migrate to the new system.

I cannot fathom why KY won't allow us within the tuning settings to change the steering angle on your car, absolutely preposterous. They had it GT5P and they took it away from the final model.

Maybe in like GT20 they'll realise how important steering lock is to racing and drifting, but oh well what would I know.

#rantover

I have been all for added steering angle in the past as many may know. Spent weeks testing it back in GT5. Well the Drift Trial mode in my opinion is probably the most half 🤬 update I have seen yet by PD.

Showing to us more how the physics are not going to be the same throughout the different game modes. Which is total crap when it comes to this game being called a "simulator". I am sorry but make it adjustable or don't bother trying to put it in.

The added steering angle is nice on some cars but at the same time it isn't on others.

Honestly what would solve this problem all together with the steering angle is to do exactly what Assetto Corsa did. Which was making a drift mode car setting that saves on the car itself. Would have took maybe another five minutes of brain storming to figure that one out. Always a step behind PD.

I have been all for added steering angle in the past as many may know. Spent weeks testing it back in GT5. Well the Drift Trial mode in my opinion is probably the most half 🤬 update I have seen yet by PD.

Showing to us more how the physics are not going to be the same throughout the different game modes. Which is total crap when it comes to this game being called a "simulator". I am sorry but make it adjustable or don't bother trying to put it in.

The added steering angle is nice on some cars but at the same time it isn't on others.

Honestly what would solve this problem all together with the steering angle is to do exactly what Assetto Corsa did. Which was making a drift mode car setting that saves on the car itself. Would have took maybe another five minutes of brain storming to figure that one out. Always a step behind PD.
Alot of my drift cars have the drift setup on A and a grip setup on B. But I know what your saying in regards to the steering lock. Rack rate would be a good option aswell.

Alot of my drift cars have the drift setup on A and a grip setup on B. But I know what your saying in regards to the steering lock. Rack rate would be a good option aswell.

Not to mention wheel offset...

The extra lock in that mode, while not freely adjustable, really boggles my mind.

I do not see the logic in a lot of the things PD have been doing recently.

The extra steering lock is more than welcomed, though it comes at a cost.
Having to deal with the erratic grip levels that seem to change from gummy racing slicks to hard skateboard wheels is confusing to say the least. I can't stand that point counter either, it drives me mad. The biggest flaw in the scoring system itself is that it judges based on a grip line, when you're really drifting you are hardly ever on the grip line. Its counter active in drifting, it rewards those who don't understand drifting and forgets those who actually do. The only blessing is that this mode attracts the very type of people I don't want to drift with, its saving me from joining a bad room now and I appreciate that. Though its sad that I can tell that PD doesn't care for drifting much at all. Just my opinions.

Not sure what's worse, how bad the drifting scene on GT looks with this drift mode now or the fact that people in drift trials are just actually terrible at it.

Joined a room, someone set about 12000 points or whatever, within my first lap of going out on track I doubled the leaders score.

Facepalming hard at the moment.

The drift trials is not fair and enough good IMO also.
BMaybe it can be used for D1 championships for contacts and lines but the sound and numbers in the middle of my screen disturb me to much ;( .

I couldn´t find a single free roam room today. Everyone is on the fever of the Drift Trials. The highest moment of the night was gather 23k in Tsukuba on my S14 and then start to complain that the scores was killing my concentration, hahaha.

Tandems? Yes with some few friends that i found lost too... but in general, everyone are more worried to compare their scores. Average drifters are taking around 15k~20k in Tsukuba when fishtailing the whole bigger straight.

Handling? Well, i never needed (in DS3) more turning to have good angles, but i feel like its harder to shift weight now. It takes a bit more to feel confortable and takes more accel modulation. Also i felt that the brakes are stronger than the usual (i don´t know, possibly i may be wrong, but most times i was diving in the 1st corner before i used to, no mater what angle i was pulling). About more tire grips, i honestly didn´t felt any diference.

Actualy im worried, because it will split the already broken and weak scene and community. Now i don´t know who of my friends will stay pure or migrate to the new system.

A LOT of people seem to be forgetting a couple of things:

1) A lot of people already sucked, before the new patch. They still do, now they just get points to prove it for them.

2) Good lobbies, doesn't matter what kind of lobbies they are. If the host is knowledgeable, and people in the lobby know what to do as well... It will be a good lobby.

3) Personally, I think the added lock is a prayer finally answered. I can drift again. It makes so much difference for me, because I will never like drifting with 30 degree angle like it was before the patch. It made me wanna play GT6 again. Don't be like: "Oh we are getting something, now we want everything else too!" Be grateful for what you actually got!

4) Yes, Most people don't like PD's decisions. But I agree with adding the lock. Asking for it, in all the other modes, isn't smart, because it's illogical and PD would never do it. This way people will be able to try out both, and over time will start preferring one or the other. At THAT time, PD can implement the choice people made by looking at the statistics of users etc. (Pretty much like an open beta, of some sort? :P)

Edit: Not only aimed at you Lazy. :)

Last edited:
A LOT of people seem to be forgetting a couple of things:

1) A lot of people already sucked, before the new patch. They still do, now they just get points to prove it for them.

2) Good lobbies, doesn't matter what kind of lobbies they are. If the host is knowledgeable, and people in the lobby know what to do as well... It will be a good lobby.

3) Personally, I think the added lock is a prayer finally answered. I can drift again. It makes so much difference for me, because I will never like drifting with 30 degree angle like it was before the patch. It made me wanna play GT6 again. Don't be like: "Oh we are getting something, now we want everything else too!" Be grateful for what you actually got!

4) Yes, Most people don't like PD's decisions. But I agree with adding the lock. Asking for it, in all the other modes, isn't smart, because it's illogical and PD would never do it. This way people will be able to try out both, and over time will start preferring one or the other. At THAT time, PD can implement the choice people made by looking at the statistics of users etc. (Pretty much like an open beta, of some sort? :P)

Edit: Not only aimed at you Lazy. :)

Not ofended at all, really. I heard that most people who ask for lock increasement is because in GT5P you could manualy set this thing. Since i never played GT5P, i just can´t say more.

About good rooms x lame rooms, i agree about the part of the part of sucker drifters and screwed rooms been there since ever. What worries me is that the "good" ones actualy most times are worried mostly on keep their habitat healthy, but i don´t see they trying to spread important aspects of manners, tandems, style, proper room settings, and etc... because they are used to drift with a very few and selected number of friends. I´m not saying this is wrong or right. But while few are hidden in their own oasis, a bunch of people are not taking guidance decently about nothing. And there is even more dificulty of this happen now.

I´m trying do pass it by in the drifters of my country and i´m seeing good results. But its harder now to explain the mean(inless) aspects of the trials for who´s starting.

Anyways.

Back