Drift Trials into the online enviroment. Post here your feeling about it.

I knida like it then I knida hate it, love hate thing right now. I'm new to online drifting and I have defiantly noticed increased angle and grip which is awesome to have if you're new to drifting with a controller. I see it rewarding me for falling offline or when I'm speeding up and have it at a slight angle vs fast and at full lock. I hope they are able to fix and make it usuable like the one on forza. For now I join those lobbies and just turn my HUD off, and its a lot better then just joing a normal free run lobby. Just my 2 cents.

No, unfortunately it's still there. Counter, flags and claps (or boooohhhhs in my case since I don't give a single f about the points).

I think that can be changed to only display the points when you complete the lap. You can still see the score in the top right corner of your tv, but you don't have the counter and flag in the middle of the screen or the sound of the counter (kind of obvious, cause its not displayed).

I joined a lobby yesterday that had it just that way. But I do think it was a bug/glitch though, because every lap I completed I got a best lap with the score of "0". But in the top right corner it was everything from 10000-15000.

Using tad more its just terrible. I think ill go play Need For Speed Underground 2, The point system was rather much better then GT6.

I think that can be changed to only display the points when you complete the lap. You can still see the score in the top right corner of your tv, but you don't have the counter and flag in the middle of the screen or the sound of the counter (kind of obvious, cause its not displayed).

I joined a lobby yesterday that had it just that way. But I do think it was a bug/glitch though, because every lap I completed I got a best lap with the score of "0". But in the top right corner it was everything from 10000-15000.

Ok. Thanks for the tip, I haven't really investigated the options any further since the new update, simply because, with very rare exceptions, we - my group - don't do laps, just sections, so as soon as we go in reverse, byebye points.

Go to 3:01. I'm in the 300ZX. (Again, with stock differential and trans.)

Drifting with a stock differential should never be done.

Huge angles on entry aren't the same as huge angles while hitting clipping points.

@Gonales

I wanted to PM you but it appears you don't want that.

Your attitude makes me sick.

Please stop with this ridiculous 'you could never be as good as me' crap.

Have you read some of your posts?

:crazy:

👎

MY attitude? Its physically IMPOSSIBLE to get the same amount of lock all through a corner without added steering lock. Don't be daft, and look at the others for what they are: They state claims, they say they can be totally amazing, but both of them are too scared, and childish to prove it.

I don't care what you think of me. Don't like me, your problem. Don't be a jerk because I'm telling people something they don't want to hear.

She's quite the elitist. :lol:

No, I'm not an elitist, I just don't jump on the bandwagon with all the other morons.

No, I'm not an elitist, I just don't jump on the bandwagon with all the other morons.

So... we're morons because we don't want to take the easy way out?

jlaw-whtvr.gif

So... we're morons because we don't want to take the easy way out?

You're morons for judging people that do, besides... it's not the 'easy way out'. It's got better physics, it's more realistic... And most of all, I still know that your angles won't match ours. You will hit a point where you won't be able to get more angle. We will hit that point too, but only when we're going 90 degrees consistently.

I can assure you it has the same physics, just with more steering lock.

I'm not judging, do what you want to do, it's only a game.

Kind of ironic to say we're the judgmental ones when you call us "morons", though.

👍

I can assure you it has the same physics, just with more steering lock.

I'm not judging, do what you want to do, it's only a game.

Kind of ironic to say we're the judgmental ones when you call us "morons", though.

👍

Not judging eh?

Drift mode should be renamed to "easy mode".

Kidding aside though, I wish we could just have an adjustable steering lock like in earlier games.

And yes, some people are morons.

@Gonales

I wanted to PM you but it appears you don't want that.

Your attitude makes me sick.

Please stop with this ridiculous 'you could never be as good as me' crap.

Have you read some of your posts?

Somebody claims they can hold the same angle without steering mods, as I can with steering mods. I tell them they can't and have NO base for their claim considering they haven't even drifted with me on GT6, let alone in the new DT mode, and IM the elitist. Right.

You're morons for judging people that do, besides... it's not the 'easy way out'. It's got better physics, it's more realistic... And most of all, I still know that your angles won't match ours. You will hit a point where you won't be able to get more angle. We will hit that point too, but only when we're going 90 degrees consistently.
No difference in physics, just extra steering lock.

I use drift trial mode, for the extra lock.

I must apologise, as it seems I misunderstood the 'you will never get as much angle as me' comment.

But I stand by my statement, your attitude makes me sick.

Not just this thread, this isn't the first time I've been disgusted by the tone of your posts.

You need to stop stating your opinion as fact, I'm afraid.

Oh, and my 360 at Eiger was done In time trial mode. You'll notice I'm over 90 degrees on entry to the first corner.

It's possible to get just as much angle without the extra lock, just not as easy to be consistent.

I'm sure Keiichi Tsuchiya could drift a very lightly modified BMW, exactly like yours, just without the extra lock mods etc, and he'd be holding much longer drifts, with more angle.

Everyone has different styles and setups, there will always be someone better than you.

Last edited:
No difference in physics, just extra steering lock.

Meh, there is a difference in physics. The steering lock does not change that much, compared to the way the lobbies feel.

I use drift trial mode, for the extra lock.

Good.

I must apologise, as it seems I misunderstood the 'you will never get as much angle as me' comment.

Thank you for the apology.

But I stand by my statement, your attitude makes me sick.

Maybe it's not my attitude, but the way you read my posts?

Not just this thread, this isn't the first time I've been disgusted by the way tone of your posts.

You're disgusted by my 'tone' on a forum, than don't read my posts. -.-

You need to stop stating your opinion as fact, I'm afraid.

You need to read the posts I'm replying to. HE stated his opinion as a fact, not vice versa.

Oh, and my 360 at Eiger was done I time trial mode. You'll notice I'm over 90 degrees on entry to the first corner.

Going over 90 degrees isn't a problem. Going over 90, and recovering, isn't a problem. Going past 90, HOLDING the angle, all through the corner and touching your apex/clipping point... THAT's the problem. A lot of people don't seem to realise that the amount of correcting they do is horrible. Consistency / Smoothness ftw.

It's possible to get just as much angle without the extra lock, just not as easy to be consistent.

Read above.

I'm sure Keiichi Tsuchiya could drift a very lightly modified BMW, exactly like yours, just without the extra lock mods etc, and he'd be holding much longer drifts, with more angle.

It's not mine, it was borrowed. And I'm certain of that fact, that he could. But Lock2Lock, or Streeto? Nah mate. I'm not saying I'm the best drifter in the world, but I've ALWAYS been one to go for angles, and I'm not the worst drift either. His assumption that he can have the same amount of angle, same line and consistency as me... Is just what it is, an assumption.

Everyone has different styles and setups, there will always be someone better than you.

Ofcourse. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with the way they do things, or let other people tell me they're better without proving it.

You never went over me...

The only way I'd step over to DT is if everyone else here does. No point having just a handful of people doing Drift Trial while the rest is on the normal one.

Meh, there is a difference in physics. The steering lock does not change that much, compared to the way the lobbies feel.

Good.

Thank you for the apology.

Maybe it's not my attitude, but the way you read my posts?

You're disgusted by my 'tone' on a forum, than don't read my posts. -.-

You need to read the posts I'm replying to. HE stated his opinion as a fact, not vice versa.

Going over 90 degrees isn't a problem. Going over 90, and recovering, isn't a problem. Going past 90, HOLDING the angle, all through the corner and touching your apex/clipping point... THAT's the problem. A lot of people don't seem to realise that the amount of correcting they do is horrible. Consistency / Smoothness ftw.

Read above.

It's not mine, it was borrowed. And I'm certain of that fact, that he could. But Lock2Lock, or Streeto? Nah mate. I'm not saying I'm the best drifter in the world, but I've ALWAYS been one to go for angles, and I'm not the worst drift either. His assumption that he can have the same amount of angle, same line and consistency as me... Is just what it is, an assumption.

Ofcourse. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with the way they do things, or let other people tell me they're better without proving it.

You never went over me...

Better attitude. Lost it towards the end though.

Your always very negative.

Rather than looking for what you could learn, It seems nobody could ever teach you anything.

All I ever see from you is negativity and a stubborn defiance to ever agree. You seem to actively seek disagreement.

90% of my contributions to this community are positive, be it videos, setups, helping others understand basic techniques.

I don't think I've ever seen any of that sort of thing from you.

My other 10% tends to be voicing my dismay at individuals like yourself.

But carry on, by all means.

Doesn't matter what you do in life , there will always be a w:censored:r to ruin the fun.

To tell you the truth, I've never seen any evidence that your decent drifter, never seen any videos etc.

You earlier made a statement that drifting is all about tandems. Does this mean I'm not drifting, as all of my current drifting on GT6 has been solo offline.

It'd be a shame to learn that I haven't actually been drifting all this time.

:rolleyes:

Better attitude. Lost it towards the end though.

Your always very negative.

Rather than looking for what you could learn, It seems nobody could ever teach you anything.

All I ever see from you is negativity and a stubborn defiance to ever agree. You seem to actively seek disagreement.

The only way I'm going to be learning, is from individuals like TTCH, and people that have proven to be skilled drifters. Not 13y olds that think they are amazing. (@Streeto)

90% of my contributions to this community are positive, be it videos, setups, helping others understand basic techniques.

I don't think I've ever seen any of that sort of thing from you.

My other 10% tends to be voicing my dismay at individuals like yourself.

So, your opinion in life: Agree with everybody, just tell everybody they are doing allright, at least you won't piss people off.

Good stuff. Stick your head in the sand.

But carry on, by all means.

Doesn't matter what you do in life , there will always be a w:censored:r to ruin the fun.

Mate, if nobody ever tells people they're doing things the wrong way, nobody will ever learn.

To tell you the truth, I've never seen any evidence that your decent drifter, never seen any videos etc.

So, if I had 100 videos, I would be a good drifter? It could also depend on the fact down below. If you don't drift online... You will never meet other drifters. :/

You earlier made a statement that drifting is all about tandems. Does this mean I'm not drifting, as all of my current drifting on GT6 has been solo offline.

It'd be a shame to learn that I haven't actually been drifting all this time.

:rolleyes:

It means that you're ****ing about on your own. Yes, you can dabble and stuff, but you will NEVER feel the difference between chasing somebody with a locked, or open diff. Or somebody who has consistent lines, or not.

If you can't feel this, why tell other people what they are doing right and wrong?

@Gonales

Once again. Not trying to start a debate, but didn't I hold 90 degrees constantly before there was a steering modification in GT5 with pretty much all of my cars? Yes I did, you witnessed it actually.

Yes you could hold more angle with the steering modification back then too, but at the very same time it wasn't practical for tandems.

You are always one to say "people drifting together should have the same style and similar tunes" but in tandems what is more practical? Trying to out angle everyone constantly or trying to balance it out for the tandem to be a tandem.

Anyway.
It can be done Dom it can be done. Even without "corrections" with practice. One problem I see with you not being able to hold more and more angle and be consistent with it is that you are on a DFGT. I hate to bring the wheel itself into this discussion, but if you had a clutch pedal it would be much easier for you to manage your drifting in normal drift mode.

This whole discussion has gotten blown out of proportion to be honest.

One thing that agrivates me is that you say "consistently holding (realistically 80-90 degrees) of angle is impossible to do with out the steering modification, when you are stating that you can hold over 90 degrees consistently throughout the corner. How much over 90 degrees are we talking here, because I remember that physics period can only allow a car to drift with a certain amount of angle.

I mean if you are doing a reverse entry throughout every corner great, but that isn't really tandem friendly if you get what I mean.

@Gonales

Once again. Not trying to start a debate, but didn't I hold 90 degrees constantly before there was a steering modification in GT5 with pretty much all of my cars? Yes I did, you witnessed it actually.

Yes you could hold more angle with the steering modification back then too, but at the very same time it wasn't practical for tandems.

You are always one to say "people drifting together should have the same style and similar tunes" but in tandems what is more practical? Trying to out angle everyone constantly or trying to balance it out for the tandem to be a tandem.

Anyway.
It can be done Dom it can be done. Even without "corrections" with practice. One problem I see with you not being able to hold more and more angle and be consistent with it is that you are on a DFGT. I hate to bring the wheel itself into this discussion, but if you had a clutch pedal it would be much easier for you to manage your drifting in normal drift mode.

This whole discussion has gotten blown out of proportion to be honest.

One thing that agrivates me is that you say "consistently holding (realistically 80-90 degrees) of angle is impossible to do with out the steering modification, when you are stating that you can hold over 90 degrees consistently throughout the corner. How much over 90 degrees are we talking here, because I remember that physics period can only allow a car to drift with a certain amount of angle.

I mean if you are doing a reverse entry throughout every corner great, but that isn't really tandem friendly if you get what I mean.

I TOTALLY get what you mean about being tandem friendly. But in the lacking lobbies, tandems suck. Less steering angle = less allowance for corrections, etc.

I think the DT lobbies are a huge improvement. And it's hypocritical of some people to claim it isn't. That's what annoys me.

The only way I'm going to be learning, is from individuals like TTCH, and people that have proven to be skilled drifters. Not 13y olds that think they are amazing. (@Streeto)

So, your opinion in life: Agree with everybody, just tell everybody they are doing allright, at least you won't piss people off.

Good stuff. Stick your head in the sand.

Mate, if nobody ever tells people they're doing things the wrong way, nobody will ever learn.

So, if I had 100 videos, I would be a good drifter? It could also depend on the fact down below. If you don't drift online... You will never meet other drifters. :/

It means that you're ****ing about on your own. Yes, you can dabble and stuff, but you will NEVER feel the difference between chasing somebody with a locked, or open diff. Or somebody who has consistent lines, or not.

If you can't feel this, why tell other people what they are doing right and wrong?
I did alot of tandeming online on gt5, and I'm talking to other drifters here.

You didn't answer my question.

Am I drifting? Yes or no?

If you had 100 videos, I would be able to view some evidence of your epic skills.

How is my 'opinion in life' (if such a thing exists...) to agree with everyone?

I'm giving advice to people asking for it. Not telling them they're doing fine.

I point out mistakes and tell them how I would go about correcting them.

But this is my entire point. You love to disagree.

I must apologise to everyone, as I did want to do this over PM.

Why can't I send you a PM?

Last edited:
I did alot of tandeming online on gt6, and I'm talking to other drifters here.

You didn't answer my question.

Am I drifting? Yes or no?

I can't answer your questions if you're stating 2 different scenario's mate.

How is my 'opinion in life' (if such a thing exists...) to agree with everyone?

I'm giving advice to people asking for it. Not telling them they like doing fine.

I point out mistakes and tell them how I would go about correcting them.

Well, like I said before. You are giving people information. You tell them THAT is the way to do it, and when I tell you you're wrong, I'M an elitist, for telling you that your assumptions which I think are wrong, are wrong...

But this is my entire point. You love to disagree.

I must apologise to everyone, as I did want to do this over PM.

Why can't I send you a PM?
Because my privacy settings don't allow you to.

I TOTALLY get what you mean about being tandem friendly. But in the lacking lobbies, tandems suck. Less steering angle = less allowance for corrections, etc.

I think the DT lobbies are a huge improvement. And it's hypocritical of some people to claim it isn't. That's what annoys me.
Now this is something i agree with. The standards of drifting on the normal mode is beyond low (public lobbies). Some are so inconsistent that it seems that theyre trying to mess you up.

It's interesting to see you've resorted to troll-baiting Dominique, calling me a 13 year old when I'm actually older than you, but that's cool with me, you can think what you want.

Please provide a quote where I said I'm amazing, I can find plenty of arrogant quotes like that from you, but I've never said such a thing. I'm quite a modest person actually.

It's pretty sad really that you've stooped to this level just to gain a little attention on an internet forum.

But go on as you please, if it makes you feel better.

I can't answer your questions if you're stating 2 different scenario's mate.

Well, like I said before. You are giving people information. You tell them THAT is the way to do it, and when I tell you you're wrong, I'M an elitist, for telling you that your assumptions which I think are wrong, are wrong...

Because my privacy settings don't allow you to.
My phone auto corrected gt5 to gt6. I have edited it now.

Assumptions?

All of my advice is stemmed from personal experience. Mate.

I didnt call you elitist.

I ask where people are having issues, and I relate to my own experience with those issues, then I explain how I overcame it.

If you 'think' I am wrong, it means we have a difference of opinion, neither of us is wrong, when it comes to subjective advice.

There are very few hard and fast facts when it comes to drifting.

As I said, you need to stop stating your opinion as fact. Please understand the difference.

I'm not completely thick, I'm aware your privacy settings are set to uber strict.

I'm asking why.

My phone auto corrected gt5 to gt6. I have edited it now.

Assumptions?

All of my advice is stemmed from personal experience. Mate.
I didnt call you elitist.

Yes, you did.
Yeh, just a touch.

:irked:

Plus, all of your 'personal experience' doesn't count for anything, honestly. Offline =/= Online. Gt5 =/= GT6.

I ask where people are having issues, and I relate to my own experience with those issues, then I explain how I overcame it.

If you 'think' I am wrong, it means we have a difference of opinion, neither of us is wrong, when it comes to subjective advice.

There are very few hard and fast facts when it comes to drifting.

As I said, you need to stop stating your opinion as fact. Please understand the difference.

I just state that you think what you tell is the truth. What you don't mention, is that you don't tandem, you don't have experience battling etc etc... Why make a lot of setups, threads, videos and all that, when you're just drifting by yourself?

I'm not completely thick, I'm aware your privacy settings are set to uber strict.

I'm asking why.

'Cause I set them to be, obviously. And before you ask again, why I did it: To avoid people like you sending me messages. If what you have to say, can't be said in public, than don't say it.

Drifting with a stock differential should never be done.

Huge angles on entry aren't the same as huge angles while hitting clipping points.

You obviously haven't seen me drift then. And if you notice I did hit the clipping points after that. AT FULL LOCK. Don't scrutinize me. Maybe it shouldn't be done, but I do it anyway. I actually like to do my own thing and be creative, and it works for me. So I'll see you on the track. ;)

Yes, you did.

Plus, all of your 'personal experience' doesn't count for anything, honestly. Offline =/= Online. Gt5 =/= GT6.

I just state that you think what you tell is the truth. What you don't mention, is that you don't tandem, you don't have experience battling etc etc... Why make a lot of setups, threads, videos and all that, when you're just drifting by yourself?

'Cause I set them to be, obviously. And before you ask again, why I did it: To avoid people like you sending me messages. If what you have to say, can't be said in public, than don't say it.
Please find and quote where I called you elitist.

I agreed that you can be elitist. Never did I call you it directly.

To clear things up, I have had many hundreds of hours drifting online, in tandem, battling other drifters, in gt5.

I personally didnt notice as huge a difference as everyone else seemed to.

In your opinion, my personal experience counts for nothing?

If this werw face to face, and you a bloke, it's safe to say I'd have squared up to you about now.

Private messages are for talking privately, when I only wish to speak to one person directly, rather than clogging up the boards.

I have made setups for drifting because I drift.... I have shared them because I'm a nice person, arguably unlike yourself.

I make videos because I manage some interesting stuff (in my opinion), and the rest of it is to show that even someone who can drift with a wheel, still makes mistakes, and is constantly learning. I can admit this, you need to aswell.

I am restricted to offline due to a lack of home internet at the moment. I don't choose to drift on my own, but do to feed my passion for all things sideways, I make do, and have a bloody good time whilst doing so.

Do you use the handbrake? I'm sure many would argue that your technique and skill set is lacking if you don't.

I have built a handbrake rig to further my skills, because I can admit that my previous 'no handbrake' style was lacking slightly, and holding me back.

I recognised a short coming in my skillset, and actively worked towards improving it.

All I ever see from you is statements implying that you are all but perfect.

So you see no point in me drifting on my own, or giving advice, based upon years of virtual drifting, just because my past few months have been offline only?

Do you use the handbrake? I'm sure many would argue that your technique and skill set is lacking if you don't.

Some people may say I lack skill, but it's not my style to use the handbrake unless I'm FORCED to by not wanting to mess up a good tandem. I left foot brake. But only while following. People say I need to learn throttle control, but I learned brake control instead. I do have throttle control, but I'd rather full throttle and use the brake to adjust my speed than possibly underpower my car and understeer.

But On the OP subject, I personally don't care really. I haven't noticed a difference between drifting difficulties. The points just give people another excuse to whine about their car.

Some people may say I lack skill, but it's not my style to use the handbrake unless I'm FORCED to by not wanting to mess up a good tandem. I left foot brake. But only while following. People say I need to learn throttle control, but I learned brake control instead. I do have throttle control, but I'd rather full throttle and use the brake to adjust my speed than possibly underpower my car and understeer.

But On the OP subject, I personally don't care really. I haven't noticed a difference between drifting difficulties. The points just give people another excuse to whine about their car.
I see the handbrake as nothing more than an extra tool.

It has multiple use's, from saving an early entry, that would other wise see you going inside the apex, or having to double initiate, to intentional overspeed, early initiations, to quelling wheelspin when you want to get traction in the run up to a section.

I'm using it alot at the moment to train my muscle memory to grab it instinctively and get used to how it feels to maintain angle, gain angle, or lose angle whilst on the handbrake, but once I'm happy everything, I'll go to only using it when necessary.

I was happy before I started using it, but I've save many doomed initiations that would have been impossible to save without the handbrake, so I think it's conclusive that I'm a better drifter for teaching myself how to use it.

It must be said, I used handbrake when drifting with ds3, but not with the wheel until recently, mostly due to the awkward position of the O button on the DFGT. I used to have 'gear up' on the sequential as handbrake, but I needed it as gears ideally.

I see the handbrake as nothing more than an extra tool.

It has multiple use's, from saving an early entry, that would other wise see you going inside the apex, or having to double initiate, to intentional overspeed, early initiations, to quelling wheelspin when you want to get traction in the run up to a section.

I'm using it alot at the moment to train my muscle memory to grab it instinctively and get used to how it feels to maintain angle, gain angle, or lose angle whilst on the handbrake, but once I'm happy everything, I'll go to only using it when necessary.

I was happy before I started using it, but I've save many doomed initiations that would have been impossible to save without the handbrake, so I think it's conclusive that I'm a better drifter for teaching myself how to use it.

It must be said, I used handbrake when drifting with ds3, but not with the wheel until recently, mostly due to the awkward position of the O button on the DFGT. I used to have 'gear up' on the sequential as handbrake, but I needed it as gears ideally.

I might buy a cable or do something to make a handbrake. Seeing as I could just cut one out of on old car we have.

Back