Drift Trials into the online enviroment. Post here your feeling about it.

Increased wheel lock angle and therefore increased drift angle is always a master plus imo. I hate speed/low angle drifting and am a freak for angle. Therefore, increased angle, independent of the type of "mode" I'm in, is always a plus.
That's the good part.
The bad part is...obviously the stupid points system to wich i NEVER adhered, in gt5, on seazonals, etc. It's not an Arcade game, I'm not into it, don't care really, not gonna be bothered by it. The other bad part is me and friends doing - as usually - chilled tsuiso lobbies, drift trains, and seeing tones of noobs getting in, doing full laps on points and sugesting they're the s**t beacuse of it.

But the lobbies can be private. As a few people sugested, lobbies have "rules" and a general "mood" to them (if they're good). Just kick the people that disregard the rules, points or no points...or ask them to stick to the lobby purpose. Simple. Same in every lobby, regardless of being in drift trial or no drift trial.
I do agree with the fact that it should however be an option for all cars and modes though, beacuse it's actually a bit confusing moving lobbies and getting diferent angles AKA spin party after a drift trial mode lobby.

I don't feel any diferent reactions or physics from the car, Lazy, just the increased angle.
Drift for points ? NO. Nevermind that.
Drift for angle ? YES !

Increased wheel lock angle and therefore increased drift angle is always a master plus imo. I hate speed/low angle drifting and am a freak for angle. Therefore, increased angle, independent of the type of "mode" I'm in, is always a plus.
That's the good part.
The bad part is...obviously the stupid points system to wich i NEVER adhered, in gt5, on seazonals, etc. It's not an Arcade game, I'm not into it, don't care really, not gonna be bothered by it. The other bad part is me and friends doing - as usually - chilled tsuiso lobbies, drift trains, and seeing tones of noobs getting in, doing full laps on points and sugesting they're the s**t beacuse of it.

But the lobbies can be private. As a few people sugested, lobbies have "rules" and a general "mood" to them (if they're good). Just kick the people that disregard the rules, points or no points...or ask them to stick to the lobby purpose. Simple. Same in every lobby, regardless of being in drift trial or no drift trial.
I do agree with the fact that it should however be an option for all cars and modes though, beacuse it's actually a bit confusing moving lobbies and getting diferent angles AKA spin party after a drift trial mode lobby.

I don't feel any diferent reactions or physics from the car, Lazy, just the increased angle.
Drift for angle ? YES !
Well put. :cheers:

But I'm a fan of high speed, high angle stuff as well. Much harder than gt5 to hold huge angle at higher speeds. I find the D1 Silvia and premium blitz car to be very good at this high speed stuff, due to their aggressive nature's, compared to most of my (softly sprung) road drift cars.

I'm limited to offline though, so tandems aren't an issue. I can tandem with my ghost at these high speeds, but obviously I know exactly what its about to do.

That's the good part.

Drift for angle ? YES !

Costa. Nice to see you here.
I stopped to play the game for a while after the 1.05 and after doing some hours drifting online, being forced to join in Trial Lobies, having luck of find 1 or 2 tandem mates...

Actualy i can´t say much about the physics related to grip ratio, specialy because most of my cars are not oriented to have optimal performance. Like i said, i only felt the brakes in my Camaro holding a bit more the car than usual. But i would need more time trying diferent cars to feel the diference. Anyways this is not a big deal for me since i´m not a physics geek or freak.

Anyways, if there will not be no step back in the system or the community, ill be forced to adapt myself. Life goes on.

My opinion hasn't really changed about the drift trials.

Contra:
  1. I agree with most people, the point system is pretty ridiculous.
  2. The community gets 'split up' which we don't need at all.
  3. People now have a 'valid' reason to ignore section drifters, and blame them for accidents.
Pro:
  1. The increased angle added so much to the realism. I gained a LOT of consistency and feel with the car, just because of this change.
  2. People have the skills to hold a decent amount of angle again, which improves tandeming drastically.
  3. I truly believe, that people are watching the drifting community develop with the new system. This means more time spent on the drifting community in general by the creators of the game.
All in all, I fell in love with drifting in-game again, after considering and actually quitting for a while.

I'm still crap but I've had a few goes. I have no idea how to find people on it or where you guys hang out so if you want to add me I'll come have a go and see just how crap I am. PSN is paintguzzlinpete

Most important thing....more steering angle :). There is no need to 'get used' to this change....you only need to get used to drifting without the extra angle (which I don't see a point of going back to free run...ever).

I'm sliding around like GT5 now...not quite...but close :)

Most important thing....more steering angle :). There is no need to 'get used' to this change....you only need to get used to drifting without the extra angle (which I don't see a point of going back to free run...ever).

I'm sliding around like GT5 now...not quite...but close :)

Exactly. People claiming that it's unrealistic or anything make no sense. I came back from a drift day, using an old bmw. I got behind my Playstation, and normally I need 10 minutes or so to get used to the game. This time, I sat down, put down a personal highscore while tandeming.

Exactly. People claiming that it's unrealistic or anything make no sense. I came back from a drift day, using an old bmw. I got behind my Playstation, and normally I need 10 minutes or so to get used to the game. This time, I sat down, put down a personal highscore while tandeming.
That's great feedback for the game:tup:

Just a shame I'm always reseting the counter going over 90 degrees on entry :grumpy:

On a side note...does anybody know how pre update and post update steering angle in GT6 compares to GT5 steering angle? You could hold crazy angles in GT5 but that was because of the physics not just the steering angle....

Exactly. People claiming that it's unrealistic or anything make no sense..
Well when it comes to driver to driver style it does.

For example.
In GT5 you used a higher number than I did for personal reasons. I however used a lower number because it felt realistic and replicated/fixed the problem with the degrees of rotation in general.

Also the fact stands that not all cars need that much degrees of steering so with every car getting the same amount will in a way become "unrealistic".

Funny thing is that in GT6 I can hold the same amount of angle you can with the steering modification in the drift trial mode. I don't know where you got "not being able to hold more than 20 so degrees in regular drift mode" from because that might be your tuning or bad driving habits (no offense).

I am having to change a lot of my driving habits which is correcting a lot of my issues.

I don't know if I have said this already in this thread or not.
My biggest issue with this game mode is that it is proving how hypocritical some people are. Sorry to say it but it is the truth.

When I had tested this modification before it was released publicly on NGU (which I gave credit to the person who discovered it). I tested it for weeks trying to figure out correct settings to use on many different cars.

When I handed it out to a few people many liked it (including you dom), yes it made the game more realistic when used correctly.

Some didn't want to use it some did. Then when it released fully to the public it became a huge problem. It caused a lot of 🤬 talking between teams that had members running it, people just talking trash in general about others using it. Saying things like "oh I bet they can't do that if they weren't using that steering modification" and things like that.

The irony now is that I see a lot of those same people in the DT rooms talking about how much better it feels, oh I wish we had this in GT5. This is all we were trying to say in GT5. That is what aggravates me the most about this update.

Like I said before. I honestly believe that update was one of the worst things to happen. Split the community apart even more. Either make it adjustable, a option to apply it to certain cars, or leave it alone. Not all cars need it, let us choose.

Well when it comes to driver to driver style it does.

For example.
In GT5 you used a higher number than I did for personal reasons. I however used a lower number because it felt realistic and replicated/fixed the problem with the degrees of rotation in general.

Also the fact stands that not all cars need that much degrees of steering so with every car getting the same amount will in a way become "unrealistic".

Funny thing is that in GT6 I can hold the same amount of angle you can with the steering modification in the drift trial mode. I don't know where you got "not being able to hold more than 20 so degrees in regular drift mode" from because that might be your tuning or bad driving habits (no offense).

I am having to change a lot of my driving habits which is correcting a lot of my issues.

I don't know if I have said this already in this thread or not.
My biggest issue with this game mode is that it is proving how hypocritical some people are. Sorry to say it but it is the truth.

When I had tested this modification before it was released publicly on NGU (which I gave credit to the person who discovered it). I tested it for weeks trying to figure out correct settings to use on many different cars.

When I handed it out to a few people many liked it (including you dom), yes it made the game more realistic when used correctly.

Some didn't want to use it some did. Then when it released fully to the public it became a huge problem. It caused a lot of 🤬 talking between teams that had members running it, people just talking trash in general about others using it. Saying things like "oh I bet they can't do that if they weren't using that steering modification" and things like that.

The irony now is that I see a lot of those same people in the DT rooms talking about how much better it feels, oh I wish we had this in GT5. This is all we were trying to say in GT5. That is what aggravates me the most about this update.

Like I said before. I honestly believe that update was one of the worst things to happen. Split the community apart even more. Either make it adjustable, a option to apply it to certain cars, or leave it alone. Not all cars need it, let us choose.

You will NOT be able to hold the same angle as I do during a drift. Doesn't matter which car you are in. Ive ALWAYS been a fan, of increased steering angles. Not sure where you were going with the story, because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yes, there are hypocrites that had a go at people for modding in GT5, and now use GT6. But that's not me, nor are they completely wrong. In GT5, people changed the boundaries of the game. In GT6, PD changed the boundaries, so... Difference there mate.

Its dumb in my opinion, not every car really needs steering angle. They should put steering angle as an option in suspension settings or something.

Getting angle in normal mode really isnt that hard, its just that you're putting more effort in it. I'd like to switch over to DT but unless they dont update the transmissions I wont do it. Almost all of the stock transmissions arent suitable for the amount of steering angle you get in DT mode.

As I see it, drift trials have at least one positive side. I've just started to drift(and race) with a wheel, and drift trials makes it easier to see improvements(the few that are there) when drifting. Sure, even if it was just against the clock like it was online pre-1.05 I would see the improvements as the laptimes would differ 10-25 seconds.
But by having the (not so great all the times) pointsystem, I'm able too see how my ability to keep a specific line improves.

And that's what I really like about the drift trials coming online. Everybody has to take the right line to have high scores, and laptimes has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying that the lines are always "right", but hey, it's the same to everyone. If you're so great at taking the clipping points that "should" be there, you should also be able to take the line that gives you high scores in the game.

About not getting extra points for tandem is AWESOME!!;)( yup, I s:censored:k at tandem :indiff:) But honestly...yeah, that's kinda bad. Hopefully it will come in a future update :lol:

Oh well, back to the beers. Have good one :cheers:

You REALLY think you can hold the same angle as I can, without added steering lock, compared to me WITH steering lock? You haven't seen me drift since GT6 came out. And people call me arrogant. :/
I did on GT5 when I took the steering lock off. I could hold the same amount of angle after practicing.

As I see it, drift trials have at least one positive side. I've just started to drift(and race) with a wheel, and drift trials makes it easier to see improvements(the few that are there) when drifting. Sure, even if it was just against the clock like it was online pre-1.05 I would see the improvements as the laptimes would differ 10-25 seconds.
But by having the (not so great all the times) pointsystem, I'm able too see how my ability to keep a specific line improves.

And that's what I really like about the drift trials coming online. Everybody has to take the right line to have high scores, and laptimes has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying that the lines are always "right", but hey, it's the same to everyone. If you're so great at taking the clipping points that "should" be there, you should also be able to take the line that gives you high scores in the game.

About not getting extra points for tandem is AWESOME!!;)( yup, I s:censored:k at tandem :indiff:) But honestly...yeah, that's kinda bad. Hopefully it will come in a future update :lol:

Oh well, back to the beers. Have good one :cheers:

Drifting isn't about getting points for taking the racing line around a track

Drifting isn't about getting points for taking the racing line around a track
I know that. But it's the best way(in the game)to compare the ability two drivers have to drift in a specific line. And now when I've bought myself a wheel and have to relearn everything, I can easily see if I'm getting any better in keeping that specific line.

I did on GT5 when I took the steering lock off. I could hold the same amount of angle after practicing.

I haven't drifted properly, with you, since steering lock got implemented. And frankly, nobody gets to match my biggest angles, when I'm leading. Know why not? Going 90 degree angles in tandems, is not necessary. You haven't seen me going for maximum angles. :s

I know that. But it's the best way(in the game)to compare the ability two drivers have to drift in a specific line. And now when I've bought myself a wheel and have to relearn everything, I can easily see if I'm getting any better in keeping that specific line.

I completely agree. The line may not be the best one, but having everybody follow one line, even if it's crap, is better than having people all over the place.

The only thing I disagree with is your statement about tandem. Drifting is all about tandems.

@Gonales

I am pretty sure I could with more practice or another skilled drifter could.

I mean it is possible to do. I guess I just want the challenge of getting up to that point. With the DT rooms it just makes it easier plane and simple. No one has to work for it in that mode. Everyone just jumps in and immediately is better hahaha that's not what I want to do.

Drift mode should be renamed to "easy mode". :lol:

Kidding aside though, I wish we could just have an adjustable steering lock like in earlier games.

@Gonales

I am pretty sure I could with more practice or another skilled drifter could.

I mean it is possible to do. I guess I just want the challenge of getting up to that point. With the DT rooms it just makes it easier plane and simple. No one has to work for it in that mode. Everyone just jumps in and immediately is better hahaha that's not what I want to do.

And I still, do NOT agree with your claim. Prove it. :/

Drift mode should be renamed to "easy mode". :lol:

Kidding aside though, I wish we could just have an adjustable steering lock like in earlier games.

So, the fact that it is harder, makes it better? The fact that I can get in a car in real life, and drift... But somehow not able to ingame... Means there is something wrong with the game. Simple as.

@Gonales
I did in GT5 when someone said the same thing you did. Pretty much same scenario dom. I had about 10 people say "he can't do that without the steering modification" on GT5... I ended up proving that I could then, so yeah.

Wasn't even trying to start a huge debate. .. but I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to do considering how easy it was to prove others that said that wrong.

How is it that hard to believe anyway? Because you personally couldn't learn how to do it in the regular mode? All I have heard you say is that you couldn't drift on regular mode. Hell it is taking me a while to reach the level I was at on GT5 on GT6. I still am no where consistent but holding huge amounts of angle (70-90) is very possible on regular mode with proper tuning and driving skill. I see a few drivers do that honestly. I don't get where it is so hard to believe it can be done

Last edited:
I completely agree. The line may not be the best one, but having everybody follow one line, even if it's crap, is better than having people all over the place.

The only thing I disagree with is your statement about tandem. Drifting is all about tandems.

Well, the part about tandems were sarcastic. Maybe i should've made that more obvious :) Even if my life depended on it, I can't chase properly :nervous:, so I don't really mind not getting extra points for it ;)

You REALLY think you can hold the same angle as I can, without added steering lock, compared to me WITH steering lock? You haven't seen me drift since GT6 came out. And people call me arrogant. :/

Go to 3:01. I'm in the 300ZX. (Again, with stock differential and trans.)

Need some clarity on this since I haven't gone on GT6 since it updated but did the counter get removed from drift trial rooms?

Back