Drift VIDS!!!!

• Thread starter 2ez2KiLL
  • 47 comments
I'm working on that. The video won't be anything specatacular though, most just 1 turn drifts. I have 1 spot on Tuskuba that I can do a chain drift on pretty decent. I gotta experiment on Fuji as well.

I would use brake drifting in GT3 to drift while using weight transfer, and with the new physics in GT4, my whole plan of attack for drifting got thrown out the window and I basically have to learn it all over again in a new style.

But yeah, I'm working on a video. I wanted to keep this a secret, but here you go...

Attachments

• mclarendrift.jpg
    mclarendrift.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 786
I can't wait to see it, Bill. Hurry up, and finish it, so we can see it j/k. BTW, is that a Mclaren in the pic?;)

Originally posted by Bill-182
Yes... it is.
Drool.........I'm going to have to save a lot of money, in the next few months. When GT4 comes out, I'm going to have to take a few months off, at least. I want to drift on Tuskuba so bad. So many new tracks, Sooooo many new cars......Oh.....****, looks like I soiled my trousers again. ;)

Originally posted by Bill-182
Looks like you need to get some new pants. Express is having a sale, $20 of all men's jeans. :)

Hurry up Bill. :lol:

Just kidding. Looking forward to seeing some prologue drifts.

I managed to do some drifts with the 240Z, but without any analog throttle/brake (no wheel and no support for dual analog) it's so hard. Also the inside wheel tends to get allot of wheelspin , although that could be because the car doesn't have an LSD.

The tyres that are on the far left are probably the best for drifting though (I think they are just normal street tyres) i've done some nice drifts with the V35 skyline on new york. But it would be better if I could change my controlls, mind you i'm not the greatest of drifters.

Ahh here is a little avatar of me getting a bit sideways in the Z.
attachment.php

I wish i could do custom controlls too. I have R1 set as my parking brake rather than change view. That way I can be applying throttle and brake and if i'm not going sideways enough give a yank of the parking brake.

Pretty much none of the cars have an LSD, the Nismo Fairlady Z can smoke the tires in first and second easily while i'm in a turn, but the ass doesn't want to come out. I think I'm going to work on this video tonight and get it over with... *goes to living room to get ps2 to plug in computer*

Edit: By the end of this weekend I should have something up. I really need to just go through the courses and find ones that have good camera angles. A lot of the replays just show off the pretty track and have horrible angles for drifting replays.

The buttons are analogue too you know, don't press them as hard if your putting too much power down and spinning.

Originally posted by live4speed
The buttons are analogue too you know, don't press them as hard if your putting too much power down and spinning.

But when you are drifting, you need to sort of keep the accelerator at a constant level. I don't have that sort of coordination to do that with just the X and square button. A pedal on a steering wheel I can push down at varying degress, same with the analog stick but to a lesser extent. Those semi analog buttons aren't very easy to vary the pressure.

I must admit though, it is quite fun with GT4's new physics engine. Especially the way the cars weight transfers in the corner.

For the grip settings in the arcade mode, the first one from the left is kaido, so I guess it's meant for drifting, the second one is sport, and the third one is the stock/default settings. Oh the fourth is race settings, but you normally can't pick it.

I just have GT4 Prologue today!!!

But i can't drift...i have to press handbrake but they are not sliding too much....And there is no Setting Mode...nothing...Like a demo

Originally posted by BreakerOhio
Com'on...where are the prologue drift videos?
Fo real, some of you with GT4 prologue have got to have a capture card, or a digi cam. ;)

Originally posted by Race Idiot
I do, but I have nowhere to host videos, Jordan seems to be busy at the moment.

Send me your files, I'll direct to a host site for you.

Gees! Some more prologue drift videos please, we're not going to flame you for not doing it well, at least I won't, I just want to see some Prologue clips to observe the physics. I understand you don't have sims tires, or any other set ups availiable, but you have tire options, so equip grip up front and slicks or normals in the rear and you should be able to drift the cars.

Send me your files, I'll direct to a host site for you.

Gees! Some more prologue drift videos please, we're not going to flame you for not doing it well, at least I won't, I just want to see some Prologue clips to observe the physics. I understand you don't have sims tires, or any other set ups availiable, but you have tire options, so equip grip up front and slicks or normals in the rear and you should be able to drift the cars.
Agreed. I just want to see the physics in action. Please!!! Show us some videos!!! ;)

but you have tire options, so equip grip up front and slicks or normals in the rear and you should be able to drift the cars.

It's only to choose 1 type of type all round, there are some tyres good for drifting though, I think there the ones right over on the left of the screen if anyone doesn't know.

Originally posted by live4speed
It's only to choose 1 type of type all round, there are some tyres good for drifting though, I think there the ones right over on the left of the screen if anyone doesn't know.

I wonder why they would change it from GTC. Then I guess, stay away from soft tires and put on normals or slicks. Pull the ebrake if you have to, but please make a video of it.

I've sent you a PM Ohio.

arcade-car-options.jpg

The street tyres seem to be the best for drifting, although I like racing with them as well. It gives the car a very realistic feel to it.

http://gwinbeer.com/drifting/vids/FujiSkylineBillyElliot.wmv

Watch the volume on it too, it's loud...

That was my first recorded attempts, basically just did one lap. Lot's of off course stuff, but the cars like to just all of a sudden snap oversteer at times. I think the R34 is the best drifter I have found so far for the big open courses, just because it has the weight and power you need. The S14 is alright, but just doesn't have enough power.

I still havn't really had the time to go through with a bunch of cars and make a clean video... Damn school and work!!!

Originally posted by Ryosuke_Gumna
hm...
not bad....u use faint to drift?

i will chamnge my tires....i will take my FD3S Spirit

I use faint with a touch of brake drifting. I am basically using the feint to get my car set up to be drifting and then use the brakes to take off the weight in the rear and put it in the front to toss the rear out, it gives it that extra snap that I like.

I normally use just the brake drifting in GT3, but you can't really use it to well in GT4p well by my methods.

After I'm done with my salad, I'm going to try some drifting and get some decent laps in before my roommate comes home because she wanted to watch a movie with her boyfriend and I told them they could use my PS2.

The main reason why I am sucking at most of those turns, is that I havn't learned the correct points to initiate my drifts on the courses so I either cut it to short or to late.

Thank you very much Bill and Arwin.

Citta d'Aria (Assisi) looks like it would be really fun in 2 player battle...like Initial D style. drooling...:eek:

Arwin, that's some nice driving in that Lancia. Wow! Great quality vids too! I'll have more confidence next time I drive that Italy track.

hey guys,

I just got GT4P yesterday and have been trying to drift all day but with no avail. I'd say I'm a decent drifter in GT3 but there are some things in GT4P that make drifting pretty difficult.

For one thing, all the cars are stock and everyone knows that companies like to tune their cars to understeer. Another thing is that GT4P's steering seems a bit slower than GT3s so getting the car into opposite lock is much slower now. The cars also seem a bit heavier... Unfortunately, the only way i've found to drift is to use the ebrake a lot more than I'd like to and even then, I can't seem to extend the drifts very long.

Well, I guess I'll work on it and try to find an optimum setting/track/car to get some decent drifts.

Would it be possible for anyone to make a vid of the F1 at Citta, thats something I've never seen and with it being as fast as it is, and Citta being as tight as it is it would look great.

Back