Drift VIDS!!!!

• Thread starter 2ez2KiLL
  • 47 comments
man the graphix are amazing... and the car looks like its on real physics when drifting... looks like d1gp vids especially when fainting.... can u please use an FR car coz i want 2 compare how it drifts with a AWD car.

If you're looking to drift, you're better off with GT3 or either of the GT Concepts.

Even though you're playing with an "Arcade Mode," drifting for style just isn't as pretty as it is in the aforementioned games.

It's not easy to drift stylistically, but you can get consistent drifting if you can master power-off oversteer.

Drifting in Prologue is totally different from GT3 since the physics are so realistic you have to attack corners exactly like in real life, in GT3 it was enough to turn in and brake fully to get your rear sliding, feint wasn't needed and the momentum from feint and braking was actually about the same amount.
In Prologue it's easy to spin right away if you try to feint and brake more than just a little bit, light braking is enough to get you into smooth slide and the rest is just throttle and steering work. :P
and finally the LSD is as important as it is in real life, if you don't have any kind LSD at all you can do only short drifts with little angle and having too tight LSD just accelerates the car out from corner. the R34 seems to have some kind yaw control system in rear that is set to support drift (?) and central LSD set to not transfer too much power to the front wheels.. :odd:
it would be definitely easier to drift in Prologue if there was some way to sense the g forces when braking and turning, vision isn't enough at all when you have to quickly judge the direction the car is trying to go :cool:

omg that was one long post :lol:

Man, after watching the video, I gotta say, the weight transfers really look better. Of course the cars are stock but nevermind that. Plus, Fuji's corners are definetely lookin' great. Definetely will make for some tasty online drifting battles. :embarrassed:

Too bad I won't be playing online though. Arrgghh!:banghead:

Originally posted by DRIFT GOD
here is a little vid i made today for all you drift fans, this is just a preview, expect a complete video in the near future ;)

DG GT4 PROLOGUE DRIFTING

special thanx to my bro TANGOMAN for hosting my vids

It about time someone posted some GT4 Prologue drift videos. Is it just me, or does the sound of the engine plus screeching tires sound strange?
How are you producing your drifts?
ebrake, powering through, or what??

Thanks for posting the vid.

just using weight transfer and acceleration, ive never been a fan of E-BRAKE drifting, and in this game you dont slide when you use the E-BRAKE, it seems to grip like if you were in a real car, you dont go sliding out of control like you did in GT3, also as far as the sound goes, i hope that GT4 will have an option that allows you to turn down tire noise so you can hear just the engines, in the finished video there will be just music, i just put this together quickly because i see people have been asking for GT4P drifts ;)

irl when you grab the e-brake it locks the rear tires and you do slide but the front maintain grip most d1gp drivers use e-brake for fast entries

yes i know how the E-BRAKE works ive been driving for 15 years, i guess your missing the point, the cars in GT4P are more realistic than GT3.

just updated the video with music, its still just a preview, i will have shots of most of the tracks, im not sure if i want GRAND CANYON in this vid, but i will keep you posted ;)

Greetings all

Im rather new here....just thought I would post a screenshot of a drifting S2000.

Im currently busy trying to make a GT4P drift video, then I will have to find a place to post it. But when it's up, you guys will be the first to know :)

im currently experimenting with "ass-dragging" with the spoon civic, im sorta stuck on the Spoon S2000 test so i might as well start drifitng

Back