Drifting on GT6: Extreme Disappointment.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 171 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
JR, Your going to regret your words. Seriously, game sucks big time. I doubt 'their tweaks' will occur, it'd be too big of a patch. There excessive body roll, excessive inertia, excessive downforce, excessive grip. Feels like drifting on GTA 5. Which is absolutely bollocks!

There was continuous updates with change in the physics model for gt5, now why wouldn't there be any in gt6?

Add to that, a very bad physics programming, and just random nonsense like what I said in the OP.

If it doesn't get improved a LOT, (Physics re-do, **** with the brakes sorted), ... I will not buy GT7 and sell the copy I have now.

As unacceptable as this is... It was hilarious to watch for the first time.

Haven't played on my wheel yet (Finals in 2 days) but it looks doable (Not me below).

If you spent half as much time trying to learn how to adapt as you do complaining then you might find your GT6 experience more enjoyable.

-xDriFtZz

Seriuosly... I think it's fine. I guess it sucks for some folks but I feel much empathy with them. I drove and drifted a S14 (in the dry and in the wet) all stock (even the tires) except for suspension and it feels pretty damn close to my actual daily S14, a little on the crappy side but that's exactly how my actual car feels stock. I don't see that much of a problem. But this is offline that I speaking of. I have no idea what online physics is like.

Seriuosly... I think it's fine. I guess it sucks for some folks but I feel much empathy with them. I drove and drifted a S14 all stock except for suspension and it feels pretty damn close to my actual daily S14. I don't see that much of a problem. But this is offline that I'm speaking of. I have no idea what online physics is like.

Completely different than online.

I am in love with the new physics. They feel so good, people who RELY on power-over drifting won't enjoy it as much. But if you can adjust to E-Brake drifting you'll be happy.

Stick with CH, and no need to tune much different than GT5, GT6 feels the same. Just much, much better. Like the difference between GT 3&4.

I'm using a G27 wheels. When I got past 30-35% turning angle on CH tires when drifting the car loses grip and all you can do is avoid a wall/barrier.

Reactions: K'
http://gyazo.com/813d89f312d379e3369ef76ccbcbdea1

THEY STILL DIDNT FIX THE SAME GLITCH THE SMOKE CAUSED IN GT5 -.- seriously? cant get smooth graphics around a car thru smoke, Assetto Corsa does it jsut fine... maybe pc simming is where it is at even more so after this game has been released. im sorry but this will be known as an arcade game from here on out in my opinion lol

So lemme get this straight... because of a graphical glitch, GT6 will be known as an arcade game?

Ok then. Go play NFS Rivals on the PC, I hear it looks pretty sharp so it must be a sim, right?

I'm using a G27 wheels. When I got past 30-35% turning angle on CH tires when drifting the car loses grip and all you can do is avoid a wall/barrier.

Same here :/ Tried my GT5 Miata setup on GT6 and it doesn't work at all.
Tweaked it abit and drifts better but feels weird

The physics and handling I'm down with. i even have a decent tune for my AE86. The main issue for me currently is the drop in frame rate when you drift behind someone and you are in their smoke. Feels like it goes down to 15 or 20 fps. This can't be good when we finally figure out how to drift properly and try to tandem

Why is everyone saying it's the physics or a mistake in PD's part?

Just another form of excuse in my eyes.. We have a brand new game that has been totally changed in pretty much every aspect. Not once did I expect to hop on this game and drift like I was on GT5. With the new physics that I already knew was impossible.

It's a new game with a new feel, so deal with it.

It has a totally different feel while drifting, yes you are going to look like a noob for a while get over it.

Oh no you have to learn how to drift again? Ummm enjoy it because most of you that are complaining now were complaining back in GT5 that it was boring. Well if GT5 was boring why would you want it to be the same? I just don't get it.

Just wondering have any of you guys & girls had a go drifting with different tyre's like CM?

I found CM tyre's feel really good & you can get grip out of them unlike GT6's CH tyre's

Add to that, a very bad physics programming, and just random nonsense like what I said in the OP.

If it doesn't get improved a LOT, (Physics re-do, **** with the brakes sorted), ... I will not buy GT7 and sell the copy I have now.

That use to happen in GT5 and everyone said I was crazy. They would say no you cant flip a car by yourself.
Well blaaaa to all yall.

Last edited:
http://gyazo.com/813d89f312d379e3369ef76ccbcbdea1

THEY STILL DIDNT FIX THE SAME GLITCH THE SMOKE CAUSED IN GT5 -.- seriously? cant get smooth graphics around a car thru smoke, Assetto Corsa does it jsut fine... maybe pc simming is where it is at even more so after this game has been released. im sorry but this will be known as an arcade game from here on out in my opinion lol

It's the PS3's fault. I don't think the PS3 can handle what Kaz is trying to do with it.

Hopefully the PS4 will allow Kaz more freedom!

Its not that bad, i was drifting awhile ago with almost a bone stock S13 with just an ECU and CH tires.. and i could say its waay more different than GT5, i guess i pinpointed my error as overcorrection, and the suspension physics on gt6 is way different, you'd really feel the car at its limits and also body roll is persistant.

Relearning is relearning, but having to see HTM while drifting willow springs sucks. I tried cutting across only to jump like 10ft in the air and meet a fence. Hurry up and add it PD.

yeah i was drifting at willow.. first lap, I feint to initiate.. i failed so hard that i hit the gravel. It is way different car reacts more on steering rather than throttle input.. this was a premium s13 btw

yeah i was drifting at willow.. first lap, I feint to initiate.. i failed so hard that i hit the gravel. It is way different car reacts more on steering rather than throttle input.. this was a premium s13 btw

There are a lot of variables that go into this. Tuning, HP, Angle. Not trying to say your post isn't valid, just subjective.

Why is everyone saying it's the physics or a mistake in PD's part?

Just another form of excuse in my eyes.. We have a brand new game that has been totally changed in pretty much every aspect. Not once did I expect to hop on this game and drift like I was on GT5. With the new physics that I already knew was impossible.

It's a new game with a new feel, so deal with it.

It has a totally different feel while drifting, yes you are going to look like a noob for a while get over it.

Oh no you have to learn how to drift again? Ummm enjoy it because most of you that are complaining now were complaining back in GT5 that it was boring. Well if GT5 was boring why would you want it to be the same? I just don't get it.

Thank you, saves me making a long post now.

Deal_With_It.jpg

I just flipped a Trans-Am with stock suspension and Sport Soft tires by going over a rumble strip... A FLAT rumble strip... There is no way in HELL that a 1500kg car on SS tires can flip over just by hitting a little bump at 80mph.

Also, I saw a replay of my Clio during one of the earlier races, and on the straight away (perfectly flat mind you) one of the back tires jumped up into the wheel-well like it had hit a boulder. I was wondering what the hell happened to the car during that part!

The physics are definitely bugged when the tires want to jump up on flat ground, and you can flip heavy cars on soft suspension just by hitting a little bump...

I flipped and rolled my FD RX-7 at trial mountain numerous times, that GOD AWFUL Honda Fit that they give you does nothing but SCRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH around EVERY DAMN CORNER!!!!

I hope they fix the sound of those awful tires screaming at me...

I swear I am the only person who likes all of the new features as well as the physics. Honestly 1 hour of adapting using the same tune and I got used to it perfectly. The tyre screech doesn't bother me because I can still hear the 1J loud enough.
390 PS X540 Chaser, 1550 Kg, Sports Med with 12 kg / 10 kg makes an amazingly easy way to drift with DFGT.

Throttle modulation is key in this game imo, that is the only real difference I reckon that people haven't grasped.

im still figuring it out, I used my 400 hp supra rz with cs tires and its close to gt5, I think the counter steer correction upsets the car more so u look more rookie if u over do it, maybe turning the controller sensitivity to -1 or -2 might help. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, instead of b*tch, b*tch, b*tch :P come on, its day 2 of the release, didn't think you'd be Takumi or DK after 1 day did you??

I flipped and rolled my FD RX-7 at trial mountain numerous times, that GOD AWFUL Honda Fit that they give you does nothing but SCRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH around EVERY DAMN CORNER!!!!

I hope they fix the sound of those awful tires screaming at me...
dude I did that 4ag pic u got for an avatar

I just flipped a Trans-Am with stock suspension and Sport Soft tires by going over a rumble strip... A FLAT rumble strip... There is no way in HELL that a 1500kg car on SS tires can flip over just by hitting a little bump at 80mph.

Also, I saw a replay of my Clio during one of the earlier races, and on the straight away (perfectly flat mind you) one of the back tires jumped up into the wheel-well like it had hit a boulder. I was wondering what the hell happened to the car during that part!

The physics are definitely bugged when the tires want to jump up on flat ground, and you can flip heavy cars on soft suspension just by hitting a little bump...

Just flipped the same car again with a racing suspension setup on Willow Springs.
My advice; never hook your front inside tire on the inside rumble strips unless you wanna see the bottom of your car in the replay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back