Drifting on GT6: Extreme Disappointment.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 171 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tyre noise is horrific who the hell creates something like that??

To me it feels like the physics can't deliver a proper feedback to the driver when you're drifting, you just lose it, spin out, no matter how well your car is set up.
It is just impossible to do relaxed drifting like you would do in a 300hp Missile, it's just not possible you're always fighting and fully focused.

You get rapid traction loss, I guess it's the comfort hard tyres, they just decreased the grip even more and made them feel like you're running on plastic rings.

I guess it's every tire compound. The transition between grip, and lacking grip (or traction for that matter), is just waaay to small.

I think Kaz is trying to play a joke on us, because I just did a race with a tire limit of Sport-Hards and (during the drift at least) they felt more like CH's from GT5. They have a horrible transition from grip to slide, but during the slide they feel more like the old CH's. CH's in GT6 are so much slower (and this coming from a guy who normally drifts slow!) It almost feels like I'm standing still in the new CH's. I'm almost certain that I could drift cars with 120hp now......

Okay, I haven't played the game yet; I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to. Everyone here really needs to stop being so dramatic. Do you not realize the game is going to be updated every month or so? Things will improve, so stop jumping to conclusions so quickly. I'm sure it's a lot harder than you think to make a game as big as GT, especially on the PS3, because the console can only handle so much. Just give it some time to be updated.

Okay, I haven't played the game yet; I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to. Everyone here really needs to stop being so dramatic. Do you not realize the game is going to be updated every month or so? Things will improve, so stop jumping to conclusions so quickly. I'm sure it's a lot harder than you think to make a game as big as GT, especially on the PS3, because the console can only handle so much. Just give it some time to be updated.

Oh, I'm sure it either will get better or we will adjust to the new limits of the game. Every new game has teething issues at release (even the best). It's just hard to go from the familiar feel of GT5, to the completely different feel of GT6. They're nothing alike at all.

Zyla... I know that games have things that are buggy just after release, but having a 1.2 GB update on release day, and still having really crappy characteristics is just... Meh.

Blah blah blah, dumb response based on first impressions and zero evidence. Disregard entire post.

I had a think about what I was saying here, and it dawned on me that It might be something other than the tires. I was trying out my CM setup just now, and I noticed that if I tried to get angle like I could in GT5 the car would try to spin, even on the CM's. This caused me to drift a more shallow line.

I think I'll try playing around with the CH's more to see if I can torture them enough to act normal...

Last edited:
Do people think that maybe we just haven't fully learnt to drift in GT6 yet? Are we expecting too much of what we should be like drifting with a whole new physics engine? Maybe we need to not re-learn, but adapt a bit better first (at this stage I haven't drifted in the game yet, but will soon)

Do people think that maybe we just haven't fully learnt to drift in GT6 yet? Are we expecting too much of what we should be like drifting with a whole new physics engine? Maybe we need to not re-learn, but adapt a bit better first (at this stage I haven't drifted in the game yet, but will soon)

JR, Your going to regret your words. Seriously, game sucks big time. I doubt 'their tweaks' will occur, it'd be too big of a patch. There excessive body roll, excessive inertia, excessive downforce, excessive grip. Feels like drifting on GTA 5. Which is absolutely bollocks!

Well, bad physics aside I finally got a setup that works for me. It's as near as I can get to my old style with the new game. The important thing for me was to get the damned tires to act normal again, and get my trans setup properly.

What you're saying is to give PD time to correct their mistakes? or make adjustments?
Back in the day, you worked your ass off building a game. Now they just lump something together and expect the community to just bear with it until it's patched. That's complete bull. Devs are just lazy these days.

From what I've been trying, I have to set my suspension really stiff to get good results. In GT5 I did the exact opposite, I used lowest setting possible. Now we have to take in account bodyroll where we were spoiled in GT5.

We gotta relearn this! We've never had tires and suspension like this, its learning all over again.

This game has a few better things about it in comparison to GT5, but overall it's not much better and arguably worse in some areas.

The weight transfer certainly has more of an effect on the car, maybe too much. The tyre model (or the way they handle understeer / oversteer) though is just as bad as it was if not worse now. Compared to a real life car it takes way too much effort to spin the rear wheels and they grip back up so fast at the back where sometimes so much as lifting off the throttle a small amount causes the car to snap back and send you into a wall. The end result leaves you basically flat flooring it the entire track unless you want the car to throw you into a wall, regardless of whether you're using 300bhp or 600bhp. The front grip is a bit better, a lot less understeer than in GT5, but I still feel like the front wheel grip doesn't make much sense at times.

Overall so far it hasn't been a very fun experience trying to drift on this game and just doesn't ever seem to feel the same way as drifting a real car. Also omfg the tyre sound :/ I'll keep trying it and see how it goes, but I hope some things are looked at with it.

practice-makes-perfect.jpg

Just takes time to get used to. Don't expect to be the GT drift king/queen that you were in GT5 right away.
True. It' funny how we've all been put on an even playing field of skill since were all pretty noob at the moment.

Are you guys using controllers? I'm using a wheel and I had no problem drifting my first time out

Are you guys using controllers? I'm using a wheel and I had no problem drifting my first time out

I'm on g27 with clutch abs off since gt5.
And I just gave up both on gt5 & gt6 drifting,feels like it just got worse.

When I was younger been to a few drift tracks with my real cars it felt like it was much easier in a real car.

All in all this is like Gran Turismo 5 version 2.0 to me.

I don't really see why you guys are complaining?

It's not even that bad but do you really expect to drift just like you did in GT5?

So far I haven't had any problems drifting on GT6 so far, I actually like how the cars feel now.

K'
I'm on g27 with clutch abs off since gt5.
And I just gave up both on gt5 & gt6 drifting,feels like it just got worse.

When I was younger been to a few drift tracks with my real cars it felt like it was much easier in a real car.

All in all this is like Gran Turismo 5 version 2.0 to me.

Have you even played GT6? There's no way you could say that if you did. Just look at this thread, people are re-learning how to drive, how is this the same game as GT5 :lol:.

The tyre noise is horrific who the hell creates something like that??

To me it feels like the physics can't deliver a proper feedback to the driver when you're drifting, you just lose it, spin out, no matter how well your car is set up.
It is just impossible to do relaxed drifting like you would do in a 300hp Missile, it's just not possible you're always fighting and fully focused.

You get rapid traction loss, I guess it's the comfort hard tyres, they just decreased the grip even more and made them feel like you're running on plastic rings.

haha GAUZ wassup man ive been gone from pd for a while and i see that they havent made anything for me to want to come back to.. guess ill stay away from gt series for good now lol

Have you even played GT6? There's no way you could say that if you did. Just look at this thread, people are re-learning how to drive, how is this the same game as GT5 :lol:.

Uh yeh ? Want to add my psn and see if I'm on right now ? No need to be a dick buddy

http://gyazo.com/813d89f312d379e3369ef76ccbcbdea1

THEY STILL DIDNT FIX THE SAME GLITCH THE SMOKE CAUSED IN GT5 -.- seriously? cant get smooth graphics around a car thru smoke, Assetto Corsa does it jsut fine... maybe pc simming is where it is at even more so after this game has been released. im sorry but this will be known as an arcade game from here on out in my opinion lol

Reactions: K'
First off I have to say for the most part the physics are amazing. Great steering feel.

That being said the way the tires lose and gain grip is ridiculous. You make a throttle adjustment that's .000000001% off and BAM your in a wall. I like the game but as far as the drifting goes, man...I just don't know.

I guess we will have to keep plugging away at it, and yes it's new so obviously there's a learning curve, but holy hell. It's closer to a cliff.

And on the g27. If you buy a fully customizable gearbox you lose your clutch & H pattern gear shifter function which leaves you with peddle shift only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back