Drifting on GT6: Extreme Disappointment.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 171 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany
Germany
x_XNyordiaX_x
Basically, throw everything you have that you dislike in the game into this thread. Hopefully, someone at PD actually wakes up and notices how much money people wasted on a very bad game.

So far I've noticed the
- horrible physics (obviously),
- braking power 0 front 10 rear. Front end locks up without ABS. How can tires lock up without actual braking power Kaz?

Last edited:
Agree on that one. The online physics feel so much different than offline. Dont really like it.

I can agree that it feels horrible. I drift with controller, but i bet people with a wheel are having a hard time as well. I bought a R32 GTS-t and tweaked it a bit. Compared to my GTS-t from GT5, It has less power, a completely different toe angle and it goes way slower. But in the end it now feels exactly the same as my GTS-t in GT5.

Conclusion: This game is a bitch to get used to, but once u do, you're gonna love it ;)

you guys are missing the biggest problem of them all which is the horrendous noise that is excreted from my television when you go around the corner sideways..............you gotta be kidding me............:indiff:

I have to agree with that. The tyre sound completely over powers everything, and sounds awful!

you guys are missing the biggest problem of them all which is the horrendous noise that is excreted from my television when you go around the corner sideways..............you gotta be kidding me............:indiff:

kinda posted that in another thread lol :P. gotta agree though

GT5 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay smoother than GT6. It's a bitch to get used to the drifting.
so far what i've noticed that's really annoying is the skid sound effect. I can honestly say it will drive u insane if u have no music in the background, headphones on and going 1 full lap sideways.
That's the biggest distraction by far (for me).

Sorry SHHADA. I don't even know what to do now. The Shelby Ani edition that I used in the video has over 600BHP and STILL sounds like shop vac.

I know man, but howbout change your views? Instead of looking at the bad, try to look at the good things bout the game. That's the best way to enjoy your money spend on it. Not only that, it will be beneficial for everybody, because you are setting an example by pointing out the good instead of the bad ^^.

I refuse to accept this tire noise and the physics when drifting, to me it feels like aquaplaning or something.

PD, fix it ASAP.

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

To disappointed to edit anything.
I just did my first drift run, using the GT500. I spent all my money to buy comfort hard tires,the best clutch kit, and LSD, then I maxed out the LSD settings. It drove amazing IMO, but I'm using a wheel.

The tire squeal sounds like a I'm being chased by aliens with laser canons. Maybe we need to visit the moon and sort things out.

To the guys who don't like the way it feels when drifting, have you tried different tyre compounds?

I used Comfort Softs or Sport Hards for the most part on GT5, so I went with those again. Both slidable with 270-odd horse, but Sp. Hards transition from grip to slip is like falling off a cliff, and CS is really low-grip, every drift is just a rolling burnout. Hopefully It'll just take some tuning and practice.

Protip: The horrible tyre squeal is only for Comfort tyres.
Sports are still pretty loud, but at least they don't have that vibrating squeal. Honestly, only tyres that make a noise like that are space savers.

GT6 is only out 1 day and you lot are slating it, like GT5 it will be tweaked
I think its great :-)

Quote "Basically, throw everything you have that you dislike in the game into this thread. Hopefully, someone at PD actually wakes up and notices how much money people wasted on a very bad game".

A bit premature and a bit harsh, imo

Quote "Basically, throw everything you have that you dislike in the game into this thread. Hopefully, someone at PD actually wakes up and notices how much money people wasted on a very bad game".

A bit premature and a bit harsh, imo

Add to that, a very bad physics programming, and just random nonsense like what I said in the OP.

If it doesn't get improved a LOT, (Physics re-do, **** with the brakes sorted), ... I will not buy GT7 and sell the copy I have now.

After burning through a few sets of tyres I must say it feels better now.

After burning through a few sets of tyres I must say it feels better now.

Thats what I thought after 2 hours on Willow, but when I got back there a couple of minutes later I sucked again ;s

Thats what I thought after 2 hours on Willow, but when I got back there a couple of minutes later I sucked again ;s
I've noticed that you can actually get the rear end out if you put all the braking power on the rear. Not as easy as on GT5 but it actually works. Thats only online though.

I figured that the physics would be a little different since it's a new game, but it really is shocking just how set in my ways I was. When I went online, I felt like a total newbie again (and good lord yes that tire noise is horrendous).
I did notice that it seems easier to slide cars on CH's now, as if it takes much less power to break traction. My old Skyline RS was barely over 300hp, but it smoked tires like a 450hp car from GT5.
(Very much my opinion of course. I could be wrong.)

Add to that, a very bad physics programming, and just random nonsense like what I said in the OP.

If it doesn't get improved a LOT, (Physics re-do, **** with the brakes sorted), ... I will not buy GT7 and sell the copy I have now.

I know this is bad that the game does this but I can't stop laughing at it :lol:

The tyre noise is horrific who the hell creates something like that??

To me it feels like the physics can't deliver a proper feedback to the driver when you're drifting, you just lose it, spin out, no matter how well your car is set up.
It is just impossible to do relaxed drifting like you would do in a 300hp Missile, it's just not possible you're always fighting and fully focused.

You get rapid traction loss, I guess it's the comfort hard tyres, they just decreased the grip even more and made them feel like you're running on plastic rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back