Drifting side by side.

• Thread starter 90crxfreak
  • 30 comments
Has anyone had a friend over & both of them drifted as they do in REAL LIFE competitions?... i tried to do it w/ my friend but he cant drift for crap 👎

Yep.. It's called twin drifting. There are some Gt3 twin drift videos around. I recommend CMD's videos.

I used to do this with my friend back home. We'd take 2 FD3S and take them out onto SSR5, pulling hand brakes and sliding sometimes as close as a foot apart! Awesome stuff, especially in the replays.

If I want to twin drift, most of my friends...............well they are the kind of GTA San Andreas hand-brake riders, I really mean they can't drift for ****, they only spin in the first corner they try cause they don't have really control of the car, cause they're used to press on the x-button REAL hard. You might get a picture of how that looks like when you try to drift side-by-side:lol:

G-T-4-Fan
**** THAT'S WICKED, JUST CRAZY TO SEE..........DAMN THE ROAD IS SO DAAMNN NARROW:scared::drool:👍:dopey::sly:

~TankSpanker gives back G-T-4-Fan's CapsLock key~
There you go. Thanks for letting me borrow that.
Here look, you can turn yours off now.

I dont have any drift friends. I've done some attempts at twin drifting with ghosts, but it always comes out looking a bit.... odd.

The closest I've come to twin drifting was back in Need For Speed 1. My friend and I never let go of the gas and the ebrake was our friend. Our goal was to hunt down orange jeeps and flip them over (the traffic AI in that game just kept trying to drive if you hit it, and the jeeps were [ironically] the hardest to roll over).

So, not anything close to drifting at all, but it was a hell of a lot of two player fun 👍
On a note more closely related to the original post, those guys are good. Really looks like the driver e-brakes it for the first snap (to set up for the first corner). Tires start squealing, throttle drops, and the back snaps around -really- fast. I don't think it's terrible to use the e-brake sometimes, even the pros do it... but of course I think doing it without is much cooler :) However, in the end it's about how it looks from outside the car, and I'm thinkin either way you go, you're gettin the ladies ;)

me and my friend had some nice twin drifts on Nfsu.....havent playd him in the new one tho.........its pretty hard in that game with the crap physics

TankSpanker
~TankSpanker gives back G-T-4-Fan's CapsLock key~
There you go. Thanks for letting me borrow that.
Here look, you can turn yours off now.

Thanks for the capslock, if you ever need it again, just ask me, no problem:lol::lol:👍
And I never thought about drifting my ghost, pretty cool, but I might go thrue the ghost itsself so..................

Red Raevyn
The closest I've come to twin drifting was back in Need For Speed 1. My friend and I never let go of the gas and the ebrake was our friend. Our goal was to hunt down orange jeeps and flip them over (the traffic AI in that game just kept trying to drive if you hit it, and the jeeps were [ironically] the hardest to roll over).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- omfg..

That brings back memories.

Up all day and all night playing NFS on a rented 3DO (came out for this system before PS1) until my ass was numb from sitting for so long.

Flipping those hideous green vans in my NSX and watching replays of spectacular head on collisions between innocent commuters and a Ferrari Testarossa going like 250km/h plus.

They added the most gratifying crashing/metal grinding sounds.

Watching the showcase videos over and over again..

Dreaming about the next chance I got to rent it...

Those moments will be embedded in my racing memories forever.

Thank you for that reminder.

I'm looking forward to using Xlink and twin-quad drifting with fellow IDM team members. That's going to be a trip!

The thing about twin drifting is that both drivers have to take the same line at about the same speed. That is very not easy.:cool:

Swift
I'm looking forward to using Xlink and twin-quad drifting with fellow IDM team members. That's going to be a trip!

The thing about twin drifting is that both drivers have to take the same line at about the same speed. That is very not easy.:cool:

It sounds impossible and looks even more impossible:lol::lol: It looks nice though:)👍 Especially the skylines

MdnIte

Two people drifting the same corner at the same time. Not always following the same line or speed, just in the same corner.

actually I have. I had a friend who live with me for a year and we both learned how to drift the same way so we pretty much have the same style... like twin drifters... like Drifter X and XL, lol

Back