Drive Club to steal the spotlight from GT6?

Hmmm...

• I am inclined to agree with this predicament.

Votes: 35 9.6%
  • Blasphemy! PDs GT6 shall be Godlike!

Votes: 110 30.2%
  • Who cares, brah? The more, the merrier!

Votes: 199 54.7%
  • Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator...

Votes: 20 5.5%

• Total voters
From my knowledge it has both circuit racing and open world racing like forza horizon.
So by definition you'd call a conventional rally game an open world game? Seriously?

EDIT: *AS EXAMPLE*

Last edited:
Drive Club won't have an open world though, it's point to point or lap races.

That´s what I meant but I failed to express myself clearly and also I used the wrong term because I associated lap races to an open world envoirment..

Really? I thought some dude at Evo Studios said it would be open world at PS4 announcement thing.That sucks if true.

I thought so too, but it appears to be what @Samus said, which sucks really.

By definition of open world yes, though I dont know what you mean by "conventional rally game".
The way how rally like WRC work. Drive from one point to the other on a given route, like a sprint race.

If you mean this by saying open world, then you're wrong. That's not how open world games are defined.

I have no idea why people say it's a "competition" between this and GT6. It's not a comp, it's opportunity for a new developer to make a new game, personally I will be buying both because money is not an issue. Honestly, I think they are completely different, Drive Club is really looking to improve the social aspect of Racing games, which GT6 couldn't care less about (Not hating on PD at all, just saying Social isn't their problem).

So, considering the fact it's not a deadly competition, I'm looking forward to both. Now, the thing about GT6 releasing on the PS3 is a problem, that is ridiculous and if they do that, their are going to people very upset about that. They have such amazing potential for graphics on PS4 and making everything in general about the game better, so, if they release it for PS3 I'll be upset.

#HappyForDriveClub

~Evo Studios <3

Apparently every racing game seems to be the choice of one or the other. It has to be a option. It's not going to steal thunder, I assure you. However I'm not sure about anyone else - but if a racing game comes out that has real car & track licensing... it holds to me that I want to play it due to interests.

Now, the thing about GT6 releasing on the PS3 is a problem, that is ridiculous and if they do that, their are going to people very upset about that.

Absolutely not. I for one - really like that. I know I can use what I have already, and beable to enjoy it. So i'm not sure what the blown fuss is about. But I really like that... just for the fact that I don't have to buy a new console to enjoy it.
It also gives me the opportunity to see how the library develops for the next-gen consoles and gives me time to whenever the next gen GT comes around. However while Driveclub looks awesome, but it's still a launch title. Launch titles are always just a taste. That's how I feel about it. I, personally, rather not rush for the bait.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what this has to do with his comment. Horizon isn't a conventional rally game and does have open world racing.
It was an example. It's not that hard, really...

Horizon is an open world game, but driveclub won't follow the same concept and be an open world title, just as I already said.

Well the graphics and Cars appear to be better than GT6.but I think that the choice to put GT6 on PS3 is so that Drive Club wouldn't Interfere with GT6.The other potential reason is that the Gran Turismo Series has had 2 games or so per console
PS 1:GT1,GT2
PS 2:GT3,GT4
PS 3:GT5,GT6
see my logic?

Well the graphics and Cars appear to be better than GT6.
Not sure what you mean by better cars, I am not sure what the full car list is in DC but I doubt it is anywhere near the one in GT6. I mean it may have some super cars that are not in GT6 that some people will like a lot but really GT has a bit of everything and lots of actual road cars so for me it is pretty hard to beat the cars in GT. I also have not heard much about the way DC drives so I am thinking it probably doesn't stand up real well in that area.
I think that the choice to put GT6 on PS3 is so that Drive Club wouldn't Interfere with GT6.The other potential reason is that the Gran Turismo Series has had 2 games or so per console
PS 1:GT1,GT2
PS 2:GT3,GT4
PS 3:GT5,GT6
see my logic?
I think the biggest reason GT6 is on the PS3 is because that was the plan all along, they even hinted at this right before the release of GT5. I would have been shocked if they announced it to be released this year on the PS4. On the other hand I was telling my friends just after GT5 was released that we would likely see GT6 within 3 years and on the PS3.

Back