Drive Club to steal the spotlight from GT6?

Hmmm...

• I am inclined to agree with this predicament.

Votes: 35 9.6%
  • Blasphemy! PDs GT6 shall be Godlike!

Votes: 110 30.2%
  • Who cares, brah? The more, the merrier!

Votes: 199 54.7%
  • Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator...

Votes: 20 5.5%

• Total voters
Gran Turismo=.....
bruce-willis.jpg

Drive Club=....
jason_statham.jpg

GT has enough brand recognition to hold its own against a first timer.

Could Jason ever steal Bruces limelight?

This looks like a beefed up version of Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2. No way can any driving game be better than any GT series. Maybe GT have missed a few steps where it does not have that Arcade feel to give the noobs and easier experience of fun but PD have specifically made GT 1 through 5 for a reason, and that is so that if you are trully a serious motorhead by way of any race sim that you can master then why not try the best which is Gran Turismo. No race sim will ever be as good as GT when it comes to the physics and clarity of the game that PD produce not to mention the accuracy of the mapped tracks. I do wish that PD would spend the money and get more official licenses for the vehicles but that's why there is a variety of race sims out there for the not so experienced to try out. I'll buy it just to have something different to race every now and then but I dont think it will be a long term contender to GT.

Lol.

I have RACE ON on PC and there are plenty of cheats on there re writing the program, not worth playing anymore. so What Now is there to play other than GT?

That would have worked better if you set Drive Club as the annoying son from the latest Die Hard.

Nope. Son is a supporting actor. Jason and Bruce play lead roles:tup:.

This looks like a beefed up version of Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2.

Yes, it does.

No way can any driving game be better than any GT series.......No race sim will ever be as good as GT when it comes to the physics and clarity of the game that PD produce not to mention the accuracy of the mapped tracks.

I'm a die hard GT fan but, even I wouldn't say that. PC sims? F1 team simulators?

I do wish that PD would spend the money and get more official licenses for the vehicles.....

Don't we all. Thats why PC sims have an edge. They can be built on indefinitely.

Nope. Son is a supporting actor. Jason and Bruce play lead roles:tup:.

Well officially yes but his son was more of the lead in the latest one, it's one of the main reasons it sucked. So Drive Club is kinda like him, trying to take the leading role but not managing it because he'll never be the real John McLane.

Well officially yes but his son was more of the lead in the latest one, it's one of the main reasons it sucked. So Drive Club is kinda like him, trying to take the leading role but not managing it because he'll never be the real John McLane.

:lol: You make me laugh sometimes. Should've changed your username to Pedantus.

Not seen the latest DH. I just see Statham as a poor mans Willis.

I leave now.

I wasn't being pedantic there (for a change), just explaining why what I said made sense.

I'd advise you not to watch the latest Die Hard, it really is awful.

This looks like a beefed up version of Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2. No way can any driving game be better than any GT series. Maybe GT have missed a few steps where it does not have that Arcade feel to give the noobs and easier experience of fun but PD have specifically made GT 1 through 5 for a reason, and that is so that if you are trully a serious motorhead by way of any race sim that you can master then why not try the best which is Gran Turismo. No race sim will ever be as good as GT when it comes to the physics and clarity of the game that PD produce not to mention the accuracy of the mapped tracks. I do wish that PD would spend the money and get more official licenses for the vehicles but that's why there is a variety of race sims out there for the not so experienced to try out. I'll buy it just to have something different to race every now and then but I dont think it will be a long term contender to GT.

PC sims are better but don't have the car variety a console game has...

Also, GT is not the top of the class anymore. Ever heard of Forza Motorsports???

Also, GT is not the top of the class anymore. Ever heard of Forza Motorsports???
And I seriously thought this thread is about a comparison of two Playstation titles.

You don't have to limit yourself to the best of the best, you have to be humble and you will be rewarded with unique experiences...

Well after seeing a bit on DC I can say that it doesn't interest me at this point and doesn't look like it will compete with GT.

Project cars on the other hand is looking pretty interesting.

Car racing class, Car sim class or The general racing class?

Well after seeing a bit on DC I can say that it doesn't interest me at this point and doesn't look like it will compete with GT.

Project cars on the other hand is looking pretty interesting.

That's because DriveClub isn't competing against GT, because its going to be more like Project Gothem Racing, and that game is famous.

Well, I pointed that out because he sounded like a blind fanboy. GT5 was good, but it wasn't great by any means.

Car racing class, Car sim class or The general racing class?

1st and 3rd. I recognize GT as being top of the class in the car sim area, at least for consoles. The other 2, not so much.

You don't have to limit yourself to the best of the best, you have to be humble and you will be rewarded with unique experiences...

Well, games are still quite expensive for me to afford, even now that I have a job. I want to receive the best from my money, so yeah, I'm quite selective. :dopey:

1st and 3rd. I recognize GT as being top of the class in the car sim area, at least for consoles. The other 2, not so much.

I agree with 1st but disagree with 3rd.
I personally reckon Mario Kart is on the top of the general racing class, Forza and GT are close though.

That's because DriveClub isn't competing against GT, because its going to be more like Project Gothem Racing, and that game is famous.
I guess that depends on what you mean by famous. I have heard of it. I have played it briefly can't say i cared much for the city driving. Nurburgring wasn't to bad considering the lack of accuracy. In general I did not like it enough to buy a copy. I have heard a few people mention it here and there but the majority of people I know have not played it nor know much about it.

From what little I saw of it DC looks different though.

I guess that depends on what you mean by famous. I have heard of it. I have played it briefly can't say i cared much for the city driving. Nurburgring wasn't to bad considering the lack of accuracy. In general I did not like it enough to buy a copy. I have heard a few people mention it here and there but the majority of people I know have not played it nor know much about it.

From what little I saw of it DC looks different though.

I heard that 3 and 4 wasn't interesting for most people, but the 2nd was mostly everyones favorite. But yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said famous but maybe famous back in the day. :P

Guess will just have wait and see what DC brings to the table.

So, is DC a track racing game like GT or something else entirely?

No it's not like GT or FM or PCars, it is a game that seems to rely heavily on social networking and then getting group together to do various challenges which navigate around point to point.

for me i might get driveclub as my ps3 recently gt broken and i would not buy a new ps3 for gt5 as ps4 is coming out this year.....so i would get drive club...i believe there is many out there with similar problem as me....a fan of the gt series forced to wait...hopefully gt6 comes out on ps4

for me i might get driveclub as my ps3 recently gt broken and i would not buy a new ps3 for gt5 as ps4 is coming out this year.....so i would get drive club...i believe there is many out there with similar problem as me....a fan of the gt series forced to wait...hopefully gt6 comes out on ps4

This would be a wise thing to do, PCARs is coming to the PS4 too so...

Back