Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,388 comments
VBR
@Felix - If you get yourself a Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB Adapter, you can plug your Thrustmaster 3PA premium pedals into that & then into the Drive Hub's Accessory port. Then, you can plug any compatible wheel (see list in OP) into the wheel port & the Drive Hub will combine them into one & convince the PS4 that it's a supported device.

Oh wow, thankyou for highlighting this to me. Seem I can really customise a rig to work with my PS4 Pro with GT Sport and then later this year build myself a PC rig to try it all out together with.

Oh wow, thankyou for highlighting this to me. Seem I can really customise a rig to work with my PS4 Pro with GT Sport and then later this year build myself a PC rig to try it all out together with.

You're welcome! :) You can also use the Thrustmaster adapter to plug your pedals directly into a PC, & then plug a wheel of your choosing directly into the PC as well.

One word of caution though; although the Drive Hub is excellent (reviews here), the FFB in GT Sport is anything but. There are also problems with Fanatec wheels in GT Sport, read up on this thread, especially the last few pages to find out more. Personally I think the FFB in GTS is dreadful, it's numb & missing so many of the sensations that GT6 had. The physics are also off, & GT6 was vastly superior in this area imo. If you're more of a sim racer than a gamer, you might be disappointed.

VBR
You're welcome! :) You can also use the Thrustmaster adapter to plug your pedals directly into a PC, & then plug a wheel of your choosing directly into the PC as well.

One word of caution though; although the Drive Hub is excellent (reviews here), the FFB in GT Sport is anything but. There are also problems with Fanatec wheels in GT Sport, read up on this thread, especially the last few pages to find out more. Personally I think the FFB in GTS is dreadful, it's numb & missing so many of the sensations that GT6 had. The physics are also off, & GT6 was vastly superior in this area imo. If you're more of a sim racer than a gamer, you might be disappointed.

I skipped GT6 , which is the first one I missed since starting on GT2. I use to play GT5 (which I really loved as I had the Stealth Cars) with the Logitech G27, which was my first FFB wheel. When I first got my T300RS and 3PA rig a few years ago, I was playing Project Cars and Assetto Corsa and was amazed at how much nicer the wheel felt compared to the G27 I use to own.

The best game for FFB on the PS4, is Project Cars 2. The amount of fine tuning really let me dial in things to just how I liked them. With GT-Sport, the scale is more crude. Meaning in my mind that from one number setting to the next up, the difference can be really big. Due to a spinal injury I have, I can't sit in a chair and race for long periods, so it has taken me a long time to get it to where I could enjoy the game (then my T300 base unit breaks just outside of warrenty, so I buy a new base directly from Thurstmaster in France and within 20 mins the unit had the same problem and now 8 days after sending it back with their currier service, I don't know if they have my unit, when I will get the replacement and they take over a day to reply to an individual email message). I have found with GT-Sport that the amount of FFB is just right for me at 7 and I found it to be really enjoyable. Because I've never used my rig with my old gaming PC, I don't know how good it actually is with the more advanced PC games.

I know there is now an offical Fanatetic PS4 wheel, so I would use that with my 3PA pedals as they are more than good enough for the level of racing I do, but importantly the relative low amount of time I spend racing due to my previously mentioned back problems sitting in a chair.

Hi,
I have a Fanatec Clubsport v2 wheel and Xbox Hub. I'm looking to be able to use this setup on PS4 games, particularly GT Sport. This seems to be a good option for me.

A couple of questions if I may:-

1) Reading through the later posts on this thread, there appears to be an outstanding issue with wheel wobble. Has this been reported to Collectiveminds for a potential fix. Are beta releases available, and if so where?

2) Does anyone have the same setup and able to confirm if this will work as expected.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Hi,
I have a Fanatec Clubsport v2 wheel and Xbox Hub. I'm looking to be able to use this setup on PS4 games, particularly GT Sport. This seems to be a good option for me.

A couple of questions if I may:-

1) Reading through the later posts on this thread, there appears to be an outstanding issue with wheel wobble. Has this been reported to Collectiveminds for a potential fix. Are beta releases available, and if so where?

2) Does anyone have the same setup and able to confirm if this will work as expected.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

I was using the Xbox Hub and V2.0 which was later fixed into a V2.5. For the wheel wobble, I'm assuming that's when the wheel goes left and right, during a straight? I haven't noticed it at all, at least not since when GT Sport was in Beta, where I did notice it. But with the full game, I haven't noticed it, or if I did, I could have played with some settings on the wheel, or in game. Honestly I don't remember off hand, if I did or not, but I don't think I had to adjust anything. GT Sport is pretty basic compared to Project Cars, when it comes to wheel/pedal settings.

There is beta firmware releases for the DH, which I'm currently using right now. Since I'm using the McLaren GT3 wheel now, which needs the beta firmware, because at the time, there was no PlayStation button mapped, to bring you back to the home screen, for the GT3 wheel. You can access the beta firmware, during the firmware updater program, by unselecting the use newest full version, or something like that.

Hi !, first of all, sorry for the English, I use Google translator, I'm useless with the language ...

You see, I just bought Fanatec v2.5 + Porsche 918 + sq 1.5 + V3i, I'm delivered next Tuesday.

And of course drive hub, because I would like to use it all with PS4, so I have some questions, I hope you can help me.

What is the latest update for DH? And what version is recommended to have?

Which update version is the most recent that exists for v2.5, Porsche 918 rsr, sq, v3i, etc.? And which, as in the previous case, is it advisable to have?

Any recommendations to configure this equipment in PC2, Assetto corsa and Gran turismo sport ?, I have seen that there is oscillation in GTS for example, can you solve that already?

Any problem to know, everything works correctly? I read that my Fanatec configuration works perfectly, but maybe something escapes me hehe.

Best Fanatec mode or Fanalogic mode?

Thank you very much in advance, regards!

Has anyone tried plugging in other devices to the accessory port? I'd like to buy the Aiologs hand brake but I'm not sure if it will work with DriveHub. Windows views it as a USB HID joystick.

My rig has been shut down a while while we moved out of state but I'm about to get it back up and running with a drivehub. I'm looking for a few ideas/tips/anecdotes.

• CSW v2, CSPv3, SQ1.5 and HB 1.5; Formula Black & BMW GT2 Rim
  • X1X; PS4 Pro; PC
  • Drivehub; USB Switcher (1 in, 4 out); Power Switching USB extension accessory for Drivehub
Basically I'm hoping to use my two PC rims on all three platforms (PC, PS4, X1X). In my previous iteration I was able to use the USB switcher with an X1, PS3 and PC with no problems. But I wasn't using a drivehub. I also had a CSL P1 Rim for Xbox.

Anyone know if its possible to use a USB switcher with Drivehub?

CSW > USB Switcher>> PC; Drivehub > USB Switcher >>> PS4;X1X;PC
or
CSW > Drivehub > USB Switcher >> PS4;X1X
or
CSW > USB Switcher >>> PC (terminate); Drivehub; CMP >> PS4;X1X

while just subbing out the authenticating (?) controller for the correct platform? Also just connecting directly to PC.

If no anecdotes, does it sound logical? I haven't even looked into any configuration stuff regarding the drivehub yet (maybe there is none?).

One last thing - before buying the Drivehub I stumbled across a cheap Cronusmaxx Plus which I haven't used yet. I just add that information in case someone might recommend I used the Drivehub on one console and the CMP on the other. Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to hard mount all my wiring and adapters but before I do that I'd like to know what works. I know I will still need to test it but was hopeful someone may have attempted to something similar. Many thanks!

Last edited:
My rig has been shut down a while while we moved out of state but I'm about to get it back up and running with a drivehub. I'm looking for a few ideas/tips/anecdotes.
I am looking forward to a reply!

I am in Australia and the shipping cost to Australia of the Drivehub is more than half the cost of the Drivehub, so instead I did not buy the Drivehub, instead I have bought the Gimx adapter which connects to the PC and uses Gimx software and its shipping was a few dollars. If one one uses a PC this might be more adaptable and I was unsure whether I could run the Drivehub with a Fanatec V3 brake pedal set along with a G27 wheel on a PS4. If Gimx doesn't work (obviously one needs to run the PC at the same time as the PS4 if one goes the described route) then I may have to go Drivehub, and I am still trying to find out if it'll work.

I do see Drivehub as both easy to use and as a security feature for Playstation users because I assume that when the PS5 comes it will facilitate wheelbases etc approved for PS4 to work on a new PS platform. I wasn't sure that it would allow different pedal sets to work alongside the G27 on the PS4 though. Plus the horrendous shipping costs made the risk too high for me.

I am in Australia and the shipping cost to Australia of the Drivehub is more than half the cost of the Drivehub.

I bought mine late last year for US89.99 , discount code from GTPlanet $9 and $21.61 shipping. Total US$102.60 - arrived in Brisbane a little more than a week later.

It worked on my Fanatec CSR, Logitec G27 and now on my V2.5. The only problem I had was that it started lagging (in Fanatec mode) on my V2.5 just after the GTS July update. All other games worked fine. It looks like the latest firmware update fixed the problem - still testing but it feels good now.

Edit: spelling

bought mine late last year for US89.99 , discount code from GTPlanet $9 and $21.61 shipping. Total US$102.60 - arrived in Brisbane a little more than a week later.

It worked on my Fanatec CSR, Logitec G27 and now on my V2.5. The only problem I had was that it started lagging (in Fanatec mode) on my V2.5 just after the GTS July update. All other games worked fine. It looks like the latest firmware update fixed the problem - still testing but it feels good now.

I didn't have the discount code, and the shipping price was $US47. :lol: All up it was looking like close to Au190. But when I bought the Gimx, I discovered an eBay credit I had - which paid for the Gimx. But it turned out that credit was a once only, to the value of $Au50. So I that $190 would have been $140. And with the GTPlanet discount, and a better shipping cost - I might have done it.

But I bought the Elite setup on Friday though from Fanatec, the PS4 version, and as well as the bundle which included the two pedal Elite pedals and the rather nice Fanatec PS4 exchangeable buttons, I also bought the V3 pedals and the foam tuning plug in kit for them. I'll see if Gimx handles the Logitech gear change.

I could not find out too, whether the Drivehub supported running for instance a Logitech wheel with Fanatec V3 pedals and a Logitech gear change. I reckoned the Gimx might do that ... if I get confident with the Gimx, I could then buy a Fanatec DD1 which would cost less than the Fanatec PS4 deal.

I suspect I'll looser a heap on the Fanatic Elite setup, but at least it gets me going on a PS4 with some reliability, and I can play with Gimx via the PC connection. I am familiar with Gran Turismo up to GT6, and I was not looking forward to complications, so I decided to at least get going again after 5 years and I'll make up my mind about the DD later on when I know more.

Who knows by next year Thrustmaster might have a DD wheel - they were supposed to be developing one and then it never came.

For the PS4, there's no Fanatec Club Sport option and some have said that Fanatec may bring out a lower torque Clubsport DD setup. It doesn't look like they are going to offer a Clubsport v2.5 for the PS4. I think the Elite has 33% less torque than the V2.5 on the PS4, but the PS4 Elite has good acceleration. Meanwhile the DD1 has I think 15Nm of torque so that's double the V2.5, quite a difference. But its feel that IMO is more important and logically a DD will have lots of feel.

CSW > Drivehub > USB Switcher >> PS4;X1X

I can confirm that this configuration worked with both Forza 7 and GT Sport by just switching out the authenticating controller. Couple of notes:

1. I believe the drivehub was timing out on PS4. I didn't update the FW on the drivehub before setting up so this could be the issue. I will need to check for an update and test again (while not drinking too).
  2. FF was so much better on the GT Sport. Is this a Forza issue and can it be corrected with a drivehub profile, Forza 7 settings or the CSW wheel settings? I haven't look to far into it yet.
I decided the configuration above because it seemed like it would be the easiest to physically setup. That turned out to be true and I have to say I couldn't be happier with results. I will provide some pics, when I get back to my setup, just to show how easy it can be to use one drivehub on multiple consoles.

But I bought the Elite setup on Friday though from Fanatec, the PS4 version, and as well as the bundle which included the two pedal Elite pedals and the rather nice Fanatec PS4 exchangeable buttons, I also bought the V3 pedals and the foam tuning plug in kit for them. I'll see if Gimx handles the Logitech gear change.

I could not find out too, whether the Drivehub supported running for instance a Logitech wheel with Fanatec V3 pedals and a Logitech gear change. I reckoned the Gimx might do that ... if I get confident with the Gimx, I could then buy a Fanatec DD1 which would cost less than the Fanatec PS4 deal.

DriveHub should not have a problem with the Logitech wheel, Logitech gear change and Fanatec pedals. I have a Fanatec wheel with CSP V2 and a Thrustmaster TH8RS hooked up through the DriveHub. Apparently, you can plug multiple peripherals into the accessory port with a USB hub.

How do you find the GIMX? Was it easy to set up? I have the parts coming to make my own adapter.

DriveHub should not have a problem with the Logitech wheel, Logitech gear change and Fanatec pedals. I have a Fanatec wheel with CSP V2 and a Thrustmaster TH8RS hooked up through the DriveHub. Apparently, you can plug multiple peripherals into the accessory port with a USB hub.

How do you find the GIMX? Was it easy to set up? I have the parts coming to make my own adapter.
The Gimx still hasn't arrived. I optioned the express mail ... it seemed to have left two weeks ago, but since then, the tracking details have remained the same ...

Well I bought a Fanatec Elite for PS4 but it seems dead on arrival. So I've requested a refund. I also bought the V3 pedals ... but now I wish I had of bought the drive hub! I'd be able to drive now ... its frustrating ... I'm even tempted to just go to a retailer and buy a Thrustmaster setup. Can't say I'll go back to Fanatec, I am most un-impressed. Some parts were missing ... I have installed production lines in Australia, from Switzerland, Germany, Taiwan and I know several companies in China. If you don't have tight controls on quality in China, you end up in chaos. To have a quality approved stamp on the Fanatec wheelbase and for it not to work - that shows chaos. Plus some missing pieces.

And I requested information about the missing pieces and a got a reply a week later saying that they did not understand my issue ... I found that quite arrogant, ignorant and annoying. They wanted me to send pictures. That would mean another week, and then another reply, and another week. And then maybe something would happen??? And then probably go into some kind of dispute process - I don't enjoy that kind of stuff. I'm going to ask for my money back and get something different. Using people in Germany who cannot read English means hopeless support. And the support should be in the country they sell to.

Last edited:
Well I bought a Fanatec Elite for PS4 but it seems dead on arrival. So I've requested a refund. I also bought the V3 pedals ... but now I wish I had of bought the drive hub! I'd be able to drive now ... its frustrating ... I'm even tempted to just go to a retailer and buy a Thrustmaster setup. Can't say I'll go back to Fanatec, I am most un-impressed. Some parts were missing ... I have installed production lines in Australia, from Switzerland, Germany, Taiwan and I know several companies in China. If you don't have tight controls on quality in China, you end up in chaos. To have a quality approved stamp on the Fanatec wheelbase and for it not to work - that shows chaos. Plus some missing pieces.

And I requested information about the missing pieces and a got a reply a week later saying that they did not understand my issue ... I found that quite arrogant, ignorant and annoying. They wanted me to send pictures. That would mean another week, and then another reply, and another week. And then maybe something would happen??? And then probably go into some kind of dispute process - I don't enjoy that kind of stuff. I'm going to ask for my money back and get something different. Using people in Germany who cannot read English means hopeless support. And the support should be in the country they sell to.

@Fanatec...

Sorry to hear your first Fanatec purchase was a lemon, don’t get discouraged about them asking for pictures, that is the way they work with exchanges. I had to send them videos with my last 2 dead wheel bases( Porsche Turbo S and a CSW V2) before they could help me but after they saw the videos everything was fixed fast, for the Porsche base I didn’t even had to send it in, they just told me to keep for spare parts or throw it away but to not sell it and a few days later I had a new base.

Good luck on your next purchase what ever it happens to be

I've been using the Drive Hub with my Fanatec V2 wheel base and V1 pedal set for a couple of weeks now. It's great to be able to use the Fanatec gear instead of having it sit around gathering dust. Unfortunately when I try to use my G29 pedals with a Leo Bodnar usb cable adapter in the accessory port of the hub, I get no response from the pedals. I don't know why this doesn't work. The Bodnar cable is brand new, the Drive Hub is new and works with the V1 pedals (connected to the wheel base). I'm confused! Is there some special procedure for using the accessory port?

I've been using the Drive Hub with my Fanatec V2 wheel base and V1 pedal set for a couple of weeks now. It's great to be able to use the Fanatec gear instead of having it sit around gathering dust. Unfortunately when I try to use my G29 pedals with a Leo Bodnar usb cable adapter in the accessory port of the hub, I get no response from the pedals. I don't know why this doesn't work. The Bodnar cable is brand new, the Drive Hub is new and works with the V1 pedals (connected to the wheel base). I'm confused! Is there some special procedure for using the accessory port?

It doesn't look like the Bodnar cable is supported.

That's unfortunate! Is there another adapter out there that would convert to usb? It seems every manufacturer's pedal cables have unique terminals.

Is there another adapter out there that would convert to usb?

The only supported devices for Drive Hub's accessory port are listed in the OP of this thread. The Leo Bodnar cable could be added from a technical point of view, but might not be cost effective for Collective Minds to implement.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I looked at the list of supported devices and since all of the Fanatec and Logitec devices that I use are supported I thought it would work fine, especially since the CSW is detected as a G25. It didn't even cross my mind that the adapter itself would need to be supported!

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I looked at the list of supported devices and since all of the Fanatec and Logitec devices that I use are supported I thought it would work fine, especially since the CSW is detected as a G25. It didn't even cross my mind that the adapter itself would need to be supported!

The GIMX adapter should support it but you would need the adaptor and a computer.

I had the GIMX but didn't like having to start things up with a computer then switch to PS4 each time before racing. I gave the GIMX to a friend and replaced it with the Drive Hub which is much quicker.

Good news though, Collective Minds support got back to me with a potential fix. There are two adapters from Thrustmaster that could be coupled together to facilitate the connection. One converts Logitech's DB9 end to a T.RJ12 and the other converts T.RJ12 to usb. My concern with this combination is that both of these adapters also change Logitech's 8 bit resolution to 10 bit. That is a great feature but they need to be calibrated via software and drivers. Probably quick and easy with one but with two coupled together I wonder if they would conflict with each other? I'm going to buy them both and try it. I'll let you all know if it works or not.

...Collective Minds support got back to me with a potential fix. There are two adapters from Thrustmaster that could be coupled together to facilitate the connection. One converts Logitech's DB9 end to a T.RJ12 and the other converts T.RJ12 to usb.

I had heard of that before, but didn't know what cables should be used. @Podger said he had used it on Drive Hub & that it worked. Hope it works out for you.

I had the GIMX but didn't like having to start things up with a computer then switch to PS4 each time before racing. I gave the GIMX to a friend and replaced it with the Drive Hub which is much quicker.

I was wondering about that. I have the parts for a GIMX on order. I have a PC right beside my PS4 which is on all the time anyway so I was hoping it wouldn't add much inconvenience.

Back