Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,349 comments
Hi,
Would anyone care to share their settings for a Fanatec Clubsport v2 wheelbase and the Forza and Forza Horizon games?
Just tried Forza 7, but would appreciate some feedback on what works well?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Lee

VBR
Compatible USB Accessories At Launch (updates in bold):
  • Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB Adapter
  • Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter
  • Thrustmaster TH8A
  • Fanatec Club Sport V3 Pedals
  • Fanatec Club Sport V2 Pedals
  • Fanatec Club Sport V1 Pedals
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
  • Frex GP Shifter
Two new accessories are added to the list:
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals (Pedals require ClubSport USB Adapter)
:)

I had the GIMX but didn't like having to start things up with a computer then switch to PS4 each time before racing. I gave the GIMX to a friend and replaced it with the Drive Hub which is much quicker.

Good news though, Collective Minds support got back to me with a potential fix. There are two adapters from Thrustmaster that could be coupled together to facilitate the connection. One converts Logitech's DB9 end to a T.RJ12 and the other converts T.RJ12 to usb. My concern with this combination is that both of these adapters also change Logitech's 8 bit resolution to 10 bit. That is a great feature but they need to be calibrated via software and drivers. Probably quick and easy with one but with two coupled together I wonder if they would conflict with each other? I'm going to buy them both and try it. I'll let you all know if it works or not.

Both cables were available from Ricmotech, in stock and shipped together! I was concerned that maybe one would be on back order and I'd have to wait an eternity but luckily I received them in only a couple of days. The paper work claimed plug and play and that calibrating via software was optional. I simply hooked them together, fired up the PS4, cycled the pedals fully on and off then hit the track. Happy to report they work flawlessly, I'm very pleased!

Edit: Forgot to mention this, when using the DB9 to T.RJ12 cable that connects to the Logitec pedals, if you have the Ricmotech LC27 loadcell kit installed you will have to invert the black and red wire connections on the load cell. If you have the LC27-2 load cell kit you will have to replace the interface board with the LC27NI interface board. Stock pedals are simply plug and play.

Last edited:
When updating Drive Hub Firmware I discovered that there was a Beta Version (2.0.3-beta 29), and the last "regular" one is the 2.0.2... as there is no change log from this beta version... could some one inform me of what is there new on the Beta??

Last edited:
For those of you with a sim rig using console...where do you mount your DriveHub? On the rig or near the console? I have a race seat that I usually just connect to my console when I race as I don’t have a dedicated monitor. TIA!

Michael

When updating Drive Hub Firmware I discovered that there was a Beta Version (2.0.3-beta 29), and the last "regular" one is the 2.0.2... as there is no change log from this beta version... could some one inform me of what is there new on the Beta??

Nobody knows anything about this??

Last edited:
Any ideas, when the T-GT would be fully supported to work on Xbox One?
I'm toying with the idea to get an Xbox One for Forza, but since the T-GT is just supported via beta release, it might probably not work fully.

Nobody knows anything about this??

Betas contain new features & bug fixes etc. The only person who can tell you exactly what's in them is @Podger & he probably won't until he's ready to release a full update.

Apologies if this was addressed before and I just can't search properly.

The drive hub is genius. It gave extended life to my G27 on the PS4. I didn't want to replace it with'more of the same' just to keep driving, but I couldn't afford to upgrade currently. In that context it works brilliantly and I am completely happy with it.

Now I know the FFB isn't as granular and sensitive to subtle details, but the overall stremgth is very good; it feels like I would expect putting a car into a tight turn. Going back to GT6 on the PS3 without the DH may have more detail but the overall resistance was a fraction of GTS on PS4 even though the FFB settings in GT6 are maxed at 10.

When I run the G27 through the drivehub on the PS3 I get the same overall strength/resistance level as the PS4 but I get a big steering deadzone that I can't correct. I know other games have deadzone settings, but GT6 doesn't. I'm sort of expecting that, like so many issues, it's not a wheel/DH problem, it's just another shortcoming of GT. I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone else had experienced it and had ideas of what to do.

Now I know the FFB isn't as granular and sensitive to subtle details, but the overall stremgth is very good; it feels like I would expect putting a car into a tight turn. Going back to GT6 on the PS3 without the DH may have more detail but the overall resistance was a fraction of GTS on PS4 even though the FFB settings in GT6 are maxed at 10.

The problem with FFB lies 100% with GT Sport, & certainly not with Drivehub. I tested it extensively on PS4 & XB1 in Project CARS & the FFB was identical with or without Drivehub connected. Try the following FFB settings in GT Sport & see if it makes a difference; this is the closest I could get it to feeling like GT6 - 7/4/10 (torque on 4 in GT Sport is the same as torque on 10 in GT6, any higher than 4 in GTS & you will lose detail due to clipping).

When I run the G27 through the drivehub on the PS3 I get the same overall strength/resistance level as the PS4 but I get a big steering deadzone that I can't correct.

The G27 is already compatible with GT games on PS3, so why on earth would you run it through Drive Hub; it's not designed for that! Maybe that's why you're getting a problem with deadzone (which could be the result of some kind of glitch).

👍

[QUOTE="VBR, post: 12457662, member: 121786" G27 is already compatible with GT games on PS3, so why on earth would you run it through Drive Hub; it's not designed for that! Maybe that's why you're getting a problem with deadzone (which could be the result of some kind of glitch).[/QUOTE]

The DH was spefically mafe PS3 compatible in a past update though I dont know what the motivation for that was.

I decided to try it simply to see if the FFB strength setting command pass through would be higher, and I was right. GT6 str 10 (max) on PS3 is still weak in comparison to the strength you get from the G27 on PS4. When GT6 sends LEVEL10! the G27 may only be hearing 'level6, gothcha'. When the DH sends MAXIMUM, the G27 says MAX, understood.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just heads up latest 2.0.3-beta 29 completely brakes FFB on GTS with TS PC racer Not sure if devs are aware of that, I had to revert back to stable 2.02. On the other hand Assetto Corsa been improved running latest 2.0.3-beta 29, and has less of jittery wheel moves on screen during cockpit view, I haven't noticed any changes in FFB department, both 2.02 and 2.0.3 -beta 29 worked and still work great! Thanks devs for a mighty device and staying on top of improving things going forward.

Two new accessories are added to the list:
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals (Pedals require ClubSport USB Adapter)
:)
This is real? Please, where is the official document with those pedals? I want to know for sure. I'm going to buy one and i have these pedals and I wanted to know for sure

Just heads up latest 2.0.3-beta 29 completely brakes FFB on GTS with TS PC racer Not sure if devs are aware of that, I had to revert back to stable 2.02.

on 2.0.2 ts-pc was presented to console as a t150, by request an in an effort to match torque levels we changed that to present as a t300.

they also added new api commands for GT Sport in late 2017, these aren't support in T150 so the game wont send them on 2.0.2 DH f/w.
these changes went into t300 and t-GT and also TX and TS-XW as far as I know... Its possible they didn't go into TS-PC, but I'd be more inclined to think your wheel needs an update.
please confirm your f/w version, latest it v8 in "Package 2018_TTRS_1", update if possible an retry, if its still an issue we can deal with that then.

Yes, I have latest TTRS1 fw installed on TS PC (kind of mental to that and check this pretty frequently) and noticed new beta ver 2...0..31 poped up for drive recently. Lo and behold after upgrading GTS FFb is still not working, so back to 2.02. AC is my primary game anyway and like I mentioned earlier latest beta brought some visual improvement to it, but would be nice to see GTS to be sorted out eventually too.

Does Thrustmaster T-GT able to use drivehub to ps4? It would be nice if we can tweak TDFB to other platform?

And
If i connect thrustmaster T-GT directly to PS4, and i connect clubsport pedal v3 or CSL pedal LC trought drivehub, is it possible to use it together??

Anyone notice a performance issue on PS4 (standard) with the new F1 2018 title? The issue is a noticeable difference in performance with the game when using the Drivehub with a Fanatec CSW V2, Clubsport V2 Peddles and the Formula Rim. If you're using the Native Fanatec mode there're a performance hit while driving around any track. FPS is noticeably less smooth. If you switch to Fanalogic mode the game runs noticeably smoother. You will also notice the noticeable performance gain when using the stock PS4 controller. I'm running the latest firmware on the Fanatec CSW in case anyone wondered. The Drivehub has firmware: 2.0.3 -beta 29 on it.

A few reported similar issues on the Drivehub forum, but no resolution seems to be at hand yet. I wonder if it's a Fanatec issue with the game or just a Drivehub issue? Any CSL PS4 Elite users having any issues with the game?

I use a V2.5 with the CSL LC pedals and Drivehub on GT Sport. Did you have a question?

Any lags or any kind of problems when playing?

I've clubsport v3 pedals and v2.5 wheelbase on my simrig and i really want to play gt-sport with these

Any lags or any kind of problems when playing?

I've clubsport v3 pedals and v2.5 wheelbase on my simrig and i really want to play gt-sport with these
No lags that I can feel. With drivehub, you can use Fanalogic mode (Logitech wheel emulation) or Fanatec mode (Fanatec CSL emulation). Fanatec mode feels better. It's not the best and I think Assetto Corsa feels better with my wheel / pedals than GT Sport - but that's just my 2 cents.

FMW
Anyone notice a performance issue on PS4 (standard) with the new F1 2018 title? The issue is a noticeable difference in performance with the game when using the Drivehub with a Fanatec CSW V2, Clubsport V2 Peddles and the Formula Rim. If you're using the Native Fanatec mode there're a performance hit while driving around any track. FPS is noticeably less smooth. If you switch to Fanalogic mode the game runs noticeably smoother. You will also notice the noticeable performance gain when using the stock PS4 controller. I'm running the latest firmware on the Fanatec CSW in case anyone wondered. The Drivehub has firmware: 2.0.3 -beta 29 on it.

A few reported similar issues on the Drivehub forum, but no resolution seems to be at hand yet. I wonder if it's a Fanatec issue with the game or just a Drivehub issue? Any CSL PS4 Elite users having any issues with the game?
we are aware that some users are having issues. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue and the users submitting report aren't responding to my questions.
one user mentioned the issue exists with the Fanatec CSL PS4 base even without the DriveHub. They were using the DriveHub to add a TH8a.
I have a CSL PS4 base and a PS4 phat, and no issue.
My thoughts are that the issue might be associated with the PS4 pro or 4K/HDR functionality,,,
I would appreciate any input...

we are aware that some users are having issues. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue and the users submitting report aren't responding to my questions.
one user mentioned the issue exists with the Fanatec CSL PS4 base even without the DriveHub. They were using the DriveHub to add a TH8a.
My thoughts are that the issue might be associated with the PS4 pro or 4K/HDR functionality,,,

I am having issues too, GT-Sport FFB is not working with my T500RS / Sparco R383 / TH8a and the Drivehub running the 2.0.3 -beta 29. Console is a PS4PRo connected to the Version 1 PSVR and a 1080p non HDR screen. The other Games i am playing on PS4 and XBOX ONE are fine.

edit: Just tested the latest Beta (31) and the problem is a tiny bit diffrent. With the .29 i had no FFB just spring force. Now with the .31 the wheel is completly limp, no FFB no Spring Force. Happy to provide more Input.

Last edited:

Thanks for the update Podger =) I have a standard PS4. I have not turned on HDR for that game. I do want to add there is NO INPUT LAG when using native Fanatec Mode. It runs awesome in that mode in terms of feel and input responsiveness. In fact, FANALOGIC mode, while the framerate is noticeably better, does seem laggy compared to native Fanatec mode. Hope that info helps.

On a side note, I do have my PS4 hooked up to my Pioneer Receiver via the HDMI pass-through on the receiver. This shouldn't make a difference as its a pass-through.

that user that reported the CSl PS4 base also had issue with no DriveHub recanted, says its fine directly connected... so i'm still looking for a way to replicate the issue

that user that reported the CSl PS4 base also had issue with no DriveHub recanted, says its fine directly connected... so i'm still looking for a way to replicate the issue
One of our users have confirmed this issue resolves with a patch I added. I published 2.0.3-beta.33 to our update tool. I would appreciate feedback with confirmation +ve or -ve...

Ive just got one of these, pretty cool, using a thrustmaster tmx for the xbox one, on my ps4 playing project cars 2..seems to work up to now although seems a little less feedback than my t150....with all the sliders turned up on project cars 2, unless ive done something wrong...

Great stuff.

Ok been playing more it does feel good actually, project cars 2 and gran turismo sport ps just wanted to ask, yesterday when got it the rpm leds were working, today they are not, have i done something, using a ps4 here. @Podger

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back