Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,381 comments
hi, tried this on the drivehubnow forums but they seem a little quieter than here so thought i'd try my luck!

kit is TM TX leather edition, ps4 pro, gt sport.

bought a new drive hub, flashed to latest 2.0.3 (full not beta) tried out on gt sport and the steering is very, very heavy. lowest torque and ffb of 1.

i tried 2.0.2 instead and found it much lighter but something just felt a bit off with it but can't put my finger on it, felt a bit chuggy rather than a rumble almost (wish i could describe that better!). also the button mapping between 2.0.2 & 2.0.3 is completely different.

what could be causing the massive difference between the two firmwares and which one is the 'right' one? i cannot find a changeling for 2.0.3

also am i meant to select a wheel type in gt sport? what is the closest ps4 wheel to a tx (leather edition 28gt rim) it comes up on the drivehub as a 458 italia. i couldn't find anywhere to do this in game.

thank you!

Leigh

Hi notIbishop,

The 458italia uses the same tx base, thats why it shows that
The drivehub emulates the t300 so you can change the button mapping there
From 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 the x button went to the start button
As for the ffb indeed its way to heavy on 2.0.3
Hope it gets lowered a bit

Hi notIbishop,

The 458italia uses the same tx base, thats why it shows that
The drivehub emulates the t300 so you can change the button mapping there
From 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 the x button went to the start button
As for the ffb indeed its way to heavy on 2.0.3
Hope it gets lowered a bit

hey thanks for replying. mapping isn't really making sense right now so i'll take a look at that another time, i can muddle my way through

hopefully we get some sort of response from the guys at drive hub acknowledging the heavy feeling. i'll try it out on another game tomorrow and see if its just gt sport.

cheers!

You should be using the latest beta ("stable" version hasn't been updated for ages). Then report back, if you problem still exists.

Last edited:
Hi racetee,

2.0.3 stable is released, but all the betas before have problems on the TM's....from no ffb to the ffb beeing too heavy that that the base gets overheated

Oh I see, they released 2.0.3 as stable now. Would be useful, if actually some announcement about that was made. :confused:

Last edited:
I guess it's a little disappointing to hear this. All the research I did on this device suggested plug & play. I didn't expect there to be constant tweaks to firmware which changes the feel and performance so much across two minor versions.

How would we even know which of the firmwares is the right one to use unless we were able to compare directly to a ps4 wheel? i guess we wouldn't.

A lot of the new games I use my xbox for anyway. it's really only gt sport and the first dirt rally i was planning to use the drivehub for. is there any previous version of the firmware that had the settings for this wheel / games combination 'correct' does any know??

I did produce a release note. I'm not sure why its not published on the site, they do tend to edit out my technobabble. I'll inquire...

as far as GTS and TM xb1 wheels go : at 2.0.2 they were emulating the T150, which is roughly the equivalent of the TMX on Xb1... The T150 was not updated by TM when they changed the FFB protocol in GTSport in late 2017....
early in 2018 users asked why the TX and TS-XW were emulating a T150, so we changes them to emulate the T300, which is more comparable to TX... this broke FFB in GTsport for TX and TS-XW as they don't support the new FFB protocol.. It took a while for the news to reach us that TX and TS-XW were broken in GTSport... the options were to revert to T150 emulation of deal with the new FFB protocol... the disadvantage of t150 emulation is the lack of handbrake support, so we went the other way..

Last edited:
I did produce a release note. I'm not sure why its not published on the site, they do tend to edit out my technobabble. I'll inquire...

as far as GTS and TM xb1 wheels go : at 2.0.2 they were emulating the T150, which is roughly the equivalent of the TMX on Xb1... The T150 was not updated by TM when they changed the FFB protocol in GTSport in late 2017....
early in 2018 users asked why the TX and TS-XW were emulating a T150, so we changes them to emulate the T300, which is more comparable to TX... this broke FFB in GTsport for TX and TS-XW as they don't support the new FFB protocol.. I took a while for the news to reach us that TX and TS-XW were broken in GTSport... the options were to revert to T150 emulation of deal with the new FFB protocol... the disadvantage of t150 emulation is the lack of handbrake support, so we went the other way..

thanks for the reply Podger, that makes sense about what's happened.

for clarity then in 2.0.3 is the tx emulating a t150 or t300? And will this be fixable? seems like emulating either a t150 or t300 breaks the ffb in one way or another?

thanks
Leigh

Hi Podger,

I understand the decission to go that way and steering wise 2.0.3 feels great, better than 2.0.2
If only the ffb could be lowered a little bit in the firmware (dont know if that is possible)
Then 2.0.3 would be perfect

Hi Podger,

I understand the decission to go that way and steering wise 2.0.3 feels great, better than 2.0.2
If only the ffb could be lowered a little bit in the firmware (dont know if that is possible)
Then 2.0.3 would be perfect
We can look into that.. I don't have TX nor T300, but one of my colleagues does and I'm fairly sure he tested it out at the time. and did an A/B comparison between the t300 and tx..

We can look into that.. I don't have TX nor T300, but one of my colleagues does and I'm fairly sure he tested it out at the time. and did an A/B comparison between the t300 and tx..

that's really interesting. I need two hands on the wheel to turn it at the moment and it feels like a boat it's that heavy!

I've been looking into this. I sprung for a TX and was able to see what you mean about GTS.. I've made a few adjustments. I also had a look in F1 2018 and it turns out they moved to the new FFB protocol, same as GTSport. Its not exactly the same so there were issues, which i'm dealing with...
At that point I figured it might be prudent to look at more games. So far
GTSport, F1 2018, Dirt Rally 2.0, V Rally 4, Dakar 18 and The Crew 2 are using it.... I'm working away on it....

Yeah... every update will be a good update for us I think. :-)

Yesterday I had some troubles with the 2.0.2 in a league-race (open the menu for video-capture -> close -> steering was not anymore on 360° and the FFB was different), but it works after a quick restart of the drivehub. For me good: the drivehub starts very, very quickly! :lol:

I've been looking into this. I sprung for a TX and was able to see what you mean about GTS.. I've made a few adjustments. I also had a look in F1 2018 and it turns out they moved to the new FFB protocol, same as GTSport. Its not exactly the same so there were issues, which i'm dealing with...
At that point I figured it might be prudent to look at more games. So far
GTSport, F1 2018, Dirt Rally 2.0, V Rally 4, Dakar 18 and The Crew 2 are using it.... I'm working away on it....

Really good to hear this. Thanks Podger, great support.

@Podger - I did some more testing...

On PS3 with the G29 set to PS3 mode, the FFB is quite tight & distinct around the centre, even more so in GT Sport on PS4. Using the CSR in PS3 mode on PS3 in GT6 produced similar results. However, when I use the CSR via DriveHub on PS4 in GT Sport, the FFB around the centre of the wheel is quite light & vague. Also, I have to turn the wheel slightly more around the centre to get the same level of steering as the G29. The CSR feels this way in Assetto Corsa & GT Sport but doesn't feel this way on PS3 in GT6.

@Podger Hi Podger, initial test done. i could only see 2.0.4 beta 2, not beta 4 on the update application? (OSX)

i have applied beta 2. the steering is definitely lighter, GT Sport, TX base. But there is no feedback anymore, i can drive over the kerbs with a tiny bit of rumble, i can slam into a wall and nothing at all! i have tried all sensitivities from 0-10 in wheel settings.

hope this is helpful!

Leigh

@Podger Hi Podger, initial test done. i could only see 2.0.4 beta 2, not beta 4 on the update application? (OSX)

i have applied beta 2. the steering is definitely lighter, GT Sport, TX base. But there is no feedback anymore, i can drive over the kerbs with a tiny bit of rumble, i can slam into a wall and nothing at all! i have tried all sensitivities from 0-10 in wheel settings.

hope this is helpful!

Leigh

just to follow up a little more. i've reflashed a few times between latest beta and 2.0.3 just to make sure and there's definitely a loss of feedback on the beta. i was going round monza and if you go over the gravel in the beta there's no feedback but in 2.0.3 there is. Ignore the bit about crashing into the barrier, that is the same across both firmwares.

thanks!

Works perfect for TS-XW and F1 2018. The steering is exact, the ffb now without any losses.

I will make further tests online, but I think this combination is now perfect. I can't test GTS at the moment.

Same on dirt rally 2.0 (ps4) with the ts-xw.
at the moment the best version is definitly the 2.0.2
for information : i connect directly my tm sim hub on the DIN port of the wheel with 2 tss, one in shifter and the other one in handbrake.
the shifter is working well but the handrake is not detect.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back