Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,386 comments
I've contacted support like i did in last October, and they're saying try a different cable and controller.

But my controller and cable are official ps4 pro ones, they have no problem.

So i'm stuck.
So you haven't managed to try another cable in more than 6 months? Many times the cable is actually the problem.

Comp 2,5 mode works
Both modes (logi and fanalogic).
In fanatec mode FFB feels stronger and braking effect is more pronounced.
I'm gonna switch back to native and compare if I'm not feeling things.
Any comparison review between native VS drivehub ? Any different on FFB force? Latency? Any FFB signal lost ? Etc

Any comparison review between native VS drivehub ? Any different on FFB force? Latency? Any FFB signal lost ? Etc
When I tied back again it felt mostly the same. I only felt difference in FFB strength a bit but I think I just later got used to a car more and did less sliding.

Did the same lap times both times (both slow but that is a different problem :D) so I don't think there is any noticeable latency.

I've contacted support like i did in last October, and they're saying try a different cable and controller.

So i'm stuck.
I have the exact same problem, T-gt and CS Elite pedals, on Gran Turismo, keeps disconnecting every 15 or so minutes... Also contacted support and tried everything. Not much help from themselves, too bad as it works great until it crashes.

So i'm stuck.

Official cable does not mean that it is good.
My hdmi cable (that I got with my PSVR) cuts out sometimes

I have a similar issue, I'm using a Logitech DFGT on Xbox One with Forza Motorsport 7 and I played a few hours (Dhub arrived last week) and sometimes the wheel recalibrates during a race or the gamepad rumbles sometimes, unplug and plugging when this occurs and works fine until crashes.

First day I played for 3 hours without issues, and today and yesterday some disconnections... Today I checked with another cable but failed two times in less than 30min.

Dunno if I'm doing something wrong, the wheel is 8 years old and isn't in its best shape, the xbox is the first model, and I plug the hub on the left side. (because I have an HDD and USB in the back entries)
When it works it does just fine, maybe I have to test it with my G25.

It's unplayable i gave up after 10 months. I really do.
Tried 3 new ps4 controllers, 3 ps4 official cables, gold hama and other company cables.
Just once played 30 minutes without disconnecting but it's going over and over again.
I gave up.

I have a similar issue, I'm using a Logitech DFGT on Xbox One with Forza Motorsport 7 and I played a few hours (Dhub arrived last week) and sometimes the wheel recalibrates during a race or the gamepad rumbles sometimes, unplug and plugging when this occurs and works fine until crashes.

First day I played for 3 hours without issues, and today and yesterday some disconnections... Today I checked with another cable but failed two times in less than 30min.

Dunno if I'm doing something wrong, the wheel is 8 years old and isn't in its best shape, the xbox is the first model, and I plug the hub on the left side. (because I have an HDD and USB in the back entries)
When it works it does just fine, maybe I have to test it with my G25.

If you're just using a DFGT, have you tried downgrading your Drivehub's firmware to the oldest version?

When I tested it on day one on an Xbox One with my G25, it worked flawlessly.

Just a thought...

It's unplayable i gave up after 10 months. I really do.
Tried 3 new ps4 controllers, 3 ps4 official cables, gold hama and other company cables.
Just once played 30 minutes without disconnecting but it's going over and over again.
I gave up.
Your story just doesn't add up.

1) You bought it in October, so impossible to have it for 10 months.
2) You haven't managed to try another cable/controller for more than 6 months, and now you magically managed to try 3 controllers and X cables in literally 2 days?
3) You paid for this product sub-100 buck, and just had it laying at home without solving your problems?

Average sane person would contact the support and if they couldn't make it working, would claim the warranty.

Your story just doesn't add up.

1) You bought it in October, so impossible to have it for 10 months.
2) You haven't managed to try another cable/controller for more than 6 months, and now you magically managed to try 3 controllers and X cables in literally 2 days?
3) You paid for this product sub-100 buck, and just had it laying at home without solving your problems?

Average sane person would contact the support and if they couldn't make it working, would claim the warranty.

I am waiting their response from e-mail, for the warranty (if there is)

VBR
If you're just using a DFGT, have you tried downgrading your Drivehub's firmware to the oldest version?

When I tested it on day one on an Xbox One with my G25, it worked flawlessly.

Just a thought...

I don't know how to do the downgrade, but well yesterday I was playing Horizon 4, with a brand new controller (a halo themed one for collection purposes) and only the necessary on the power strip (xbox and the wheel) and it worked so well during 3 hours.

Then I changed to FH2 for testing it and when I had to drive the car the controller shutted down and also the wheel, maybe I should unplug/plug the drive hub when switching games for the wheel to recalibrate? Just like the PS3 does and PC.

So after all, I don't think there is any problem with my dhub, maybe it was a problem with the old controller, the wheel itself, the game or the energy. (I always use xbox with energy saving mode).

Awesome peripheral for sure.

...maybe I should unplug/plug the drive hub when switching games for the wheel to recalibrate?

That's an absolute must! I know Assetto Corsa on PS4 doesn't like it & misbehaves. Best to reset it every time you start a new game.

👍

Hi

I bought a drivehub for us a Thrustmaster TX on GT Sport, work really good. Except I can't change sensitivity steering. I push mode button + up gear o down year and indicator don't blink. But for rotation degrees yes
Could someone help me?

Thanks

PD I find sensitivity steering adjustment is for Xbox one games.

Last edited:
I noticed a problem with the CSR, happens with both GT Sport & Assetto Corsa. The linearity around the centre of the wheel is off. You can turn the wheel between 30 to 60 degrees & nothing much happens in game. It does steer, but not as much as it should. However, with the G29 turning the wheel the same amount turns the car more.

At first, I thought it was an issue with AC. But it also happens in GT Sport, as I discovered over the last few days. When using the G29, it doesn't happen. So I think it's an issue with the DriveHub itself & not with either of those games.

VBR
I noticed a problem with the CSR, happens with both GT Sport & Assetto Corsa. The linearity around the centre of the wheel is off. You can turn the wheel between 30 to 60 degrees & nothing much happens in game. It does steer, but not as much as it should. However, with the G29 turning the wheel the same amount turns the car more.

At first, I thought it was an issue with AC. But it also happens in GT Sport, as I discovered over the last few days. When using the G29, it doesn't happen. So I think it's an issue with the DriveHub itself & not with either of those games.

you should check the deadzone setting in the config menu DEA... its on pg 23 of the manual...

you should check the deadzone setting in the config menu DEA... its on pg 23 of the manual...

It doesn't feel like a deadzone issue, but more of a linearity issue. I've tried both settings before & am well aware of what they feel like, & the differences between them.
Besides, the deadzone on my CSR is already set to 0. All the settings on the wheel are off, or at 0, including Linearity. That's why I think it's an issue with Drivehub. I noticed it the first time I used Drivehub, but seeing as I only had Assetto Corsa at the time, I assumed it was a problem with the game. Since buying GT Sport & feeling the same problem on that, I've realised it's not AC that is at fault. I used my G29 on both AC & GTS over the last few days & the problem was not there at all. However, upon using the CSR via Drivehub again the issue returned. This makes me strongly suspect that the issue lies with Drivehub somehow.

Hello,
maybe I find here some experts with DriveHub/Thrustmaster TS-XW/PS4-PRO-Combination. :-)

I bought it for a Thrustmaster TS-XW (Xbox) for using this great wheel in the future on the PS4 Pro. Unfortunately it not works as I hoped... :-(

I made the Firmware-Update to 3.0.0 (this was displayed as the latest version) and checked also the Firmware of the Wheel (it says Version 4.0). After connecting I see TS-PC (I read already in another thread, that this is normal) and then I get Displayed a 0. I can configure all Buttons and also the pedals works fine - but: I can only use ~ 50° of the steering each side. Then it get very strong! In the config of F1 I see in the calibration, that if I get this 50° to the left, this are only at least 30% of the needed steering. I tested with 360° (so I use it on XBox) and also more/less - always the same result. So I can not drive the car :-D

The second point - similar to this thread (https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthr...ak-(PS4-TS-XW)) I'm missing the FFB :-/ There is nothing in the game. In the config I can activate every setting to the maximum - but no change.

I don't know if this is correct, but Formula 1 2018 display as device a Thrustmaster T300. Is this correct as "Dummy"-Device? I don't have other options... all examples are with "Use Thrustmaster T300" marked.

Before I forgot:
I put a PS4 Pro Dualshock-Controller (I got with the PS4 Pro) on the DriveHub as "Controller". I found already the tip to remove it as known controller on the PS4.

Thank you for your help.

https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/193555-Thrustmaster-TS-XW-and-Formula-1-2018

Additional I posted there, but don't moderated yet:

Summary:

I tried also the tip with the back usb-port, but same result.

The device works perfect in PS4-Menu and other games such like Gran Turismo Sport (here with a very strong FFB and exact Steering!). So I think my problem is only the game... :-/ But I don't believe, that there are so less F1 2018-Player with DriveHub.

Yesterday I tested again and it seems it use always 1080° and ignore the game setting of 360° or less. And without FFB it makes not really sense.

Hello,
maybe I find here some experts with DriveHub/Thrustmaster TS-XW/PS4-PRO-Combination. :-)

https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/193555-Thrustmaster-TS-XW-and-Formula-1-2018

Additional I posted there, but don't moderated yet:

Summary:

please, check on confirm the DriveHub version, there is no firmware version 3.0.0... the issue with aperture was fixed for GT Sport in version
2.0.3-beta.55 on 26/4/19, and this is the same f/w that was used for the full release 2.0.3 on 2/5/19...

Sorry, my mistake. I mean the F/W 2.0.3 (there are a lot of 2.0.3 Beta xx, but I think 2.0.3 is correct?).

My problem is not GT Sport -> I wrote some times: this works great! Exact steering, full FFB (a litte bit to strong, but I think I can configure them).

The only problem is F1 2018... Here I'm missing FFB completely and the steering is always 1080°.

Hi all,

Im wondering if other people with a thrustmaster tx experience the same as i do with gt sport on firmware 2.0.3 (beta and final) :

Ffb is very heavy despite that the ingame settings are set to 1
At starting the game for a few corners its ok and after, lets say half a lap, it gets more heavy and the fans start to blow

This wasnt the case, at least for me on firmware 2.0.2

Thnx in advance!!!!

Hello Dj CCaine,

you are right, tested the last 2 hours also with gts to get the ffb a little bit easier, but no change. Sometimes it's really to extrem.

So it seems there are some issues with different game and thrustmaster ts-xw/tx. :-/

Maybe we should test with earlier F/W for drivehub? Unfortunately I don't found in the drivehub-forum any topic with my combination + f1 2018. And that's for me the important race game at the moment. So I don't know if this is a good idea, so I don't know, if somebody reported this already as working well.

Hi Stefanz

Thnx for the reply!!!!

I tested only back to firmware 2.0.2
There the ffb is ok and adjustable ingame...but unfortunatly that firmware has a weird kind of clipping feeling in the steering....but its playable...
I didnt test further back

Hm... Ja, I 'hope' they fixed something other and can with your reply reproduce it or find the reason, why this last F/W works with your combination not so good as before.

Before I bought I found an answer that f1 2018 / ts-xw is confirmed. So it should be a F/W in the past which works... I'm new in ps4, i thought already at beginning that in gts the ffb is to strong. But as newby I don't know it... :-D F1 xxxx I'm playing since 9 years on xbox and want change only the plattform.

Posted at the moment in the Cronusmax-Forum, but also here the (lucky for me) information for the community:

Hello,

after I found this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-racing-wheel-converter.358306/page-43 where somebody has different problems with the actual F/W 2.0.3 (FFB) and confirm that the 2.0.2 works better, I tested now also some Betas and 2.0.2:

2.0.3 Beta 40: I got surprised!!! The steering was exactly and I can configure it! But: here also the FFB is missing
2.0.3 Beta 29: same result
Then I tested 2.0.2 but thought here was TS-XW not confirmed as integrated (watched a lot of threads and dates), but: it works!!!! Here I have a strong FFB, configure it similar to the XBox. It feels a little bit different, but thats ok. I think with a little bit Finetuning I will be happy.

I know that's not the recommended way (because maybe other problems can be...) and I hope for an Update in the future which will fix this - but for the first I will stay at this F/W. :-)

I hope the information above helps to find what got changed in the last some betas for the steering-error and between 2.0.2 -> 2.0.3 Beta 29 which ruined the FFB.

Very interesting information! thanks a lot
i had some trouble with my ts-xw on dirt rally 2.0 / ps4 since the launch of the game, and now after flash my drive hub with version 2.0.2 it's perfect
a big thanks
now the only one think missing on these version is support of my 2 TSS on accessory port with hub! (Podger, if you are here :)).

Very good! :-)

I drived now ~ 1,5h with F1 2018, i found nearly the exact FFB-Settings as on XBox. In this time I don't find any problem, so for me is this at the moment a good solution until new updates. 👍

Back