Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,354 comments
I remember playing dirt 5 using the g29+drivehub+series x when it was released, and this had issues too, which were later fixed (or much better, at least) with a later firmware. I always tend to update mine to the latest when available, as they tend to fix more stuff than they break, for me!

Last edited:
I'm using a drive hub with a Fanatec DD2 + PS5 + HORI pad.
Every time I switch between Fanatec mode and Fanalogic mode, I lose control of the PS5 and have to plug and unplug the USB cable of the drive hub connected to the PS5.
Is there any way to prevent this?

I have a bit of an odd question for all you DriveHub professionals. I am looking to upgrade pedals to something more high end. Here is my setup:

-PS DD1
-CSL Elite LC pedals
-CS Shifter/Handbrake

My question. Is it possible for me to just connect my PS DD1 direct to my PS4, then use another USB port for DriveHub only to connect unsupported pedals like Heusinkveld or the new Asetek Invicta? The Invicta is really what I have my eyes on, they store their setup data on the hardware itself so seems like it could be an option.

OR

Would I need to connect my PS DD1 wheelbase to the DriveHub as well? I see DriveHub now has a Fanatec native mode? Would this allow my DD1 to behave exactly as it does when it is directly connected or does it still need to emulate a Logitech? Would I still need a controller connected to DriveHub or will DriveHub just passthrough the PS licensed base correctly?

It seems like my ideal solution would be to come up with some sort of adapter/convertor that could go from USB to RJ-12 and connect pedals direct to wheelbase, but maybe DriveHub can already do what I need? Thanks!

You will have to go thru the drive hub, if you have the PS DD1 then it can plug it into the controller port on the DH which acts the same as a direct connection to the console, and no need for a DS4 to be plugged in, but allows other drivehub supported devices to be used, you will need to check the drivehub page for what pedals are supported you can't just plug in anything.

You will have to go thru the drive hub, if you have the PS DD1 then it can plug it into the controller port on the DH which acts the same as a direct connection to the console, and no need for a DS4 to be plugged in, but allows other drivehub supported devices to be used, you will need to check the drivehub page for what pedals are supported you can't just plug in anything.
Awesome thank you. Great to know connecting the PS DD1 to the controller port will act as a direct connection. Will definitely give it a try. Was always really hesitant to use DriveHub since it was treating the wheelbase as a G29/etc.

Last edited:
Fanatec mode all way, thats what I use for my CSW 2.5
This actually brings up another question. I am just able to connect the PS DD1 to DriveHub controller port and keep the wheelbase in PS mode correct? So all the PS button support will still be there as normal?

Last edited:
This actually brings up another question. I am just able to connect the PS DD1 to DriveHub controller port and keep the wheelbase in PS mode correct? So all the PS button support will still be there as normal?
I don't have a PS wheel base but that is my understanding, the controller port is so the DH can use the PS security chip to allow the DH to emulate a G29 or CSL Elite for non PS devices and accessories, like shifters and pedals, connected to the other USB ports.

I don't have a PS wheel base but that is my understanding, the controller port is so the DH can use the PS security chip to allow the DH to emulate a G29 or CSL Elite for non PS devices and accessories, like shifters and pedals, connected to the other USB ports.
Ok yeah I may have to confirm that my Fanatec Shifter and Handbrake will work connected through the wheelbase as normal, or if they would need a USB adapter as well. I would assume they would work like they would normally do when connected to the base but all depends on how the DriveHub is expecting to see them. Might just have to wait and see if Sony might just bless us with GT7 PC support some magical day haha.

Last edited:
Ok yeah I may have to confirm that my Fanatec Shifter and Handbrake will work connected through the wheelbase as normal, or if they would need a USB adapter as well. I would assume they would work like they would normally do when connected to the base but all depends on how the DriveHub is expecting to see them. Might just have to wait and see if Sony might just bless us with GT7 PC support some magical day haha.
I'm pretty sure you can connect your shifter and handbrake to the wheelbase and it will work just fine.

I'm pretty sure you can connect your shifter and handbrake to the wheelbase and it will work just fine.
Yeah I would imagine if it works fine connected directly as a controller it should work fine connected through the controller port on the DriveHub.

Will probably just give it a try and see how it goes.

I was actually taking a closer look at the CSL Elite LC control box. It does have separate RJ-12 inputs for each pedal so I sort of wonder if I could almost use that as a sort of CSL Elite emulation box for other pedals haha. Each pedal set is quite different though and who knows if that box would properly read data from other pedals. It’s probably looking for data in a certain range or something.

So Super_GT let me know that there IS actually a company has done this and actually built a Fanatec output into their own pedal control box.

@DomB_Fanatec not sure if you can comment on this but are there issues with other companies making control boxes for their pedals with Fanatec specific RJ-12 outputs? Obviously you guys want to sell your own pedals (I am eagerly awaiting the Podium pedals myself 👀) but really would be cool for Fanatec to work with other sim companies to do things like this.

Would be amazing to see more open standards and interoperability between different sim companies.

Last edited:
Hi all, Im hoping someone might be willing to take the time to help me and can lay it out for me and prepare me for what I might be facing in my situation before I make a purchase. I have read and read and read and still feel a bit confused. Ultimately my goal is to get a handbrake added to my G29 to use on my PS5. I bought the drivehub to be able to use my rig on my Series X and its on its way.

If I buy the fanatec CS 1.5 and USB adapter, along with a Hori controller for ps5, will it essentially just work with my PS5 and Series X seamlessly just plug and play? Or is there significant configuring involved?

Should I expect issues from regularly switching the drivehub between consoles? Should I expect the performance on PS5 through the Drivehub to be identical to direct plugging like I do now, granted without a handbrake?

Is it considered an analog handbrake on either console or an on/off only?

Thanks!

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, there's no way to use the G29 L3/R3 in Xbox One/Series? L2/R2 is mapped to 100% break/throttle as well, but as I've read in previous replies, those were mapped for convenience for games that need to use R2/L2 in menus.

So in short, the only face buttons I can map in the Xbox are the D-Pad and the "symbols", correct?

I've got a G29 + Stock shifter + Drivehub + Hori mini + PS5 & Series X

I also have a Fanatec CS handbrake with USB adapter on order.

Can anyone elaborate on what to expect from the handbrake being recognized and operation?

Information seems to be scarce for this scenario and I don't know if I should expect plug and play or if any configuration is involved.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! New poster here! My kid has a g920 and the pedals broke for his. Xbox series s. So, I tried to fix them and broke them more 🙂. Rather than replace them I saw the option of the Drivehub and fanatec csl elite pedals with the usb adaptor.

Xbox Series S - Fanatec CSL elite pedals - Logitech G920 - Drivehub with f/w 2.0.7

All good? Any issues with that? Thanks all!

EDIT: I updated to firmware 2.0.7 but when he tries to use it, it seems like the accelerator pedal is mapped to left d-pad as when he presses it, menus just scroll left. This is on F1 2020. Anyone got this working?

Another EDIT: I’ve updated the usb adaptor and set it to pedals, but now it’s not seeing the wheel

Final Edit: got it working by resetting wheel. Probably a bad connection.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if DriveHub will ever support the Accuforce DD?

Currently using GIMX to play GT Sport on PS4, it's convoluted and I wish I could use DriveHub instead.

But when GT7 arrives for PS5 the GIMX will not work anymore.

My other option is to sell the Accuforce and buy a CSL DD GT but I'll be dropping from 13nm to 8nm. Not sure if this is a good or bad idea.

Hi, I'm struggling to get the G29 working on the xbox series S, I was wondering if anyone could help please?

I've tried a range of drivehub updates, and the wheel is on ps3 mode but I cannot get the console to detect the wheel at all (no buttons on the wheel working). The drivehub is displaying the letter E.

Any help would be very much appreciated thankyou.

Hi, I'm struggling to get the G29 working on the xbox series S, I was wondering if anyone could help please?

I've tried a range of drivehub updates, and the wheel is on ps3 mode but I cannot get the console to detect the wheel at all (no buttons on the wheel working). The drivehub is displaying the letter E.

Any help would be very much appreciated thankyou.
Woorks fine for me on Series X with the latest drivehub beta firmware, but my G29 is in ps4 mode.

Xbox controller connected to controller port on drivehub with wheel to the wheel slot. Turn it on and it just works. I did have to press the xbox button on the controller when I left it on for a bit and came back but other than that it was fine.

Last edited:
What is everyone's current experience trying to use a Thrustmaster T300RS with an Xbox Series X?

I updated to the latest beta firmware. I was able to get it to work with Dirt 5 though the wheel constantly rumbled which I'm assuming wasn't normal and it continued to rumble when the race was over and I was back to the main menu.

It completely did not work in Forza Horizon 5. There was no FF and the wheel was hypersensitive making it unplayable. Any tips?

Hello,

I bought a drivehub and received it today.

At first I wanted to update the firmware and did it the same way as in the tutorial.

Now there is a big problem:

The update tool on my pc wrote: unexpected error

Now the drive hub isn´t working anymore, the rev lights are just flashing.

The LED Display on the Drive Hub neither display a zero or cycle in a figure eight pattern – there is just black now.

Furthermore no Controller / Wheel registered by the drivehub anymore, just the flashing rev lights all the time.

I think the Firmware is broken…

What should I do now?

Hello,

I bought a drivehub and received it today.

At first I wanted to update the firmware and did it the same way as in the tutorial.

Now there is a big problem:

The update tool on my pc wrote: unexpected error

Now the drive hub isn´t working anymore, the rev lights are just flashing.

The LED Display on the Drive Hub neither display a zero or cycle in a figure eight pattern – there is just black now.

Furthermore no Controller / Wheel registered by the drivehub anymore, just the flashing rev lights all the time.

I think the Firmware is broken…

What should I do now?
This thread is basically dead. I would contact them directly for some technical support.

What is everyone's current experience trying to use a Thrustmaster T300RS with an Xbox Series X?

I updated to the latest beta firmware. I was able to get it to work with Dirt 5 though the wheel constantly rumbled which I'm assuming wasn't normal and it continued to rumble when the race was over and I was back to the main menu.

It completely did not work in Forza Horizon 5. There was no FF and the wheel was hypersensitive making it unplayable. Any tips?
Have you got it to work correctly with any game? I had it working with Forza MotorSport before it was removed from gamepass, also F1 2019.

Good day everyone, late to the party but just bought a drive hub to connect my old 360 racing wheel to my Xbox series X. I have the 360 wireless receiver plugged in but console never recognizes the wheel. Half the time the wheel won’t recognize the receiver as if the driver is out of date. Tested that theory on my computer and it was a driver thing. Any clue on how I get this to work or should I just return drive hub and buy a cheap compatible wheel. Just getting back into racing games was a COD and Battlefield fan until the latest flops

I figured out it was the controller preventing the connection. Mine has to be on to work unlike others in videos I have seen. Newest problem is 360 wheel keeps losing connection to receiver. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

I figured out it was the controller preventing the connection. Mine has to be on to work unlike others in videos I have seen. Newest problem is 360 wheel keeps losing connection to receiver. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
At this point.. for the price of the converter. I would have bought the lower end Thrustmaster. Wireless wheels are not the way to go

Back