VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

(see my review & score Drive Hub for yourself)

From Collective Minds, the clever people behind the CronusMax Plus PS4 Wheel Edition comes the Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter. "Drive Hub is a revolutionary, industry-first cross over gaming adapter that makes it possible to use virtually any Force Feedback Steering wheel on your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 gaming console...Our proprietary Gearbox technology instantly detects and configures your wheel to match either Xbox One or PlayStation 4, no complicated tuning or PC apps required just Plug and Play."

Compatible Platforms At Launch (updates in bold):
  • Playstation 4
  • Xbox One
  • Playstation 3
  • PC

Compatible FFB Wheels At Launch (updates in bold):
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech G920
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Driving Force Ex
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Wheels
  • Fanatec Porsche Carrera
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2
  • Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
  • Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • Fanatec CSL Elite (Both Xbox One & PS4 versions)
  • Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 (supports all 7 rims)
  • Thrustmaster T500RS (supports all 7 rims)
  • Thrustmaster TX Racing (supports all 7 rims)
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC
  • Thrustmaster TS-XW
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
  • Hori Racing Wheel

Compatible USB Accessories At Launch (updates in bold):
  • Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB Adapter
  • Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter
  • Thrustmaster TH8A
  • Fanatec Club Sport V3 Pedals
  • Fanatec Club Sport V2 Pedals
  • Fanatec Club Sport V1 Pedals
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
  • Frex GP Shifter
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals (Pedals require ClubSport USB Adapter)
Many more devices have been added since release; for an up to date list follow this link & then click on the "Specs" tab.

Do you have a request for a platform, wheel, accessory, or feature to be added? Then please visit; The Request Thread.

Play Mode (coming soon):

"As for Play Mode...quite simply it’s unrelated to Steering Wheel functionality [or] compatibility, it’s a feature we are implementing in the near future. It was necessary to cover in the manual as it is built into the very fibre of the product...Play Mode will unlock additional functionality for other devices once it is ready."

UPDATE: Play Mode has been officially abandoned on Drive Hub. The 'other devices' mentioned were to be joypad controllers etc, similar to how CronusMax lets you use almost any controller on any console. However, there were technical issues with its development that couldn't be overcome. The following quote is from Collective Minds:
Play mode was the early stages of what is now Cronus Zen... it caused us a lot of support issues with DriveHub and it also became apparent that the CPU was underpowered for the task...It was taken out of DriveHub and put into a more powerful CPU...The Zen does wireless audio crossover and a bunch of other cool stuff as a result...

If you want to play around with 'work in progress' versions of Play Mode on Drive Hub, you may still be able to that with certain earlier Drive Hub firmware. For instance, I'm on an earlier firmware & can use my DS4 on PS3 in Play Mode, however, it only works in menus & not during gameplay in GT5/6. Also, a friend of mine was able to use his XB1 controller on my PS4 to play Project CARS: it was fully functional & worked with no problems.

How & Where To Buy:

Enter the special promotional code GTPLANET10 at either the Collective Minds site or the Cronusmax site for 10% off your Drive Hub order.
WARNING: "Please be aware that you may be charged customs duties or taxes on your order by your local or federal government."
Worldwide shipping is available from both websites, so please work out for yourself what option is best for you personally.
UK/US/CA stock is available from the Collective Minds site (the CronusMax site is out of stock at the present time).
Free shipping is available from Collective Minds for UK, US, & Canadian buyers; just enter the correct code.

Useful Links:

* New Co-Pilot Add On Released For Drive Hub *

"The Co-Pilot is a shifter and pedal adapter designed to be used in conjunction with the Drive Hub wheel adapter, unlocking the ability to use legacy Logitech shifters and pedal sets with your favourite wheel. We have also included a port that accepts Thrustmaster branded pedals. All Gears, Buttons and Pedals are supported for compatible equipment."

Buy Co-Pilot here.

Co-Piliot.jpg

drivehub_1.png

Kudos to @super_gt for posting this first here, but, I thought it deserved its own thread.

Last edited:
Oh man! No Microsoft Sidewinder support. And I had my hopes up. :(

Just Kidding! I have a CSR.

This is great news! I'm going to hold off, and see what others think about it before taking the plunge. At only $90.00 US, it's an acceptable price. Here's hoping it does not disappoint.

It looks unhappy. :(

And it can look as unhappy as it wants to. The people who should be unhappy are those at Sony and Microsoft who thought, artificially outdating racing wheels was a good idea. I have always believed that the new wheels should be attractive because of their features, not because; you are forced to buy a new wheel to play on a new platform. I understand the counter-argument to this, but it has always been bunk in my opinion.

Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa I had to buy two wheels for ps4 and xbox one... wow:bowdown::scared: wonder if sony or microsoft would make it not work with an update..:(
I wouldn't put it past either one of them. In all honesty, if they wanted any Force Feedback wheel to work on their consoles, they would have made that happen.

I'm hoping the drive-hub has ways around potential blocks.

SoB.. I just bought a G29 to replace my G25 a week ago.

My questions:
  1. This seems to let you move from old wheels to new consoles, but can it do new wheels to old consoles? Can I use my G29 for PS1/2 games? Can this make my G29 shifter work with PS3?
  2. How fast is Microsoft/Sony/Wheel Manufacturers going to stop something like this?

I have limited play-ability with the PS4, Project Cars being the only game supported, looks like possibly a good product, lag might be the only issue.
I’m just waiting for Sony to ruin the party (sarcasm), after Fanatecs issue last year with the PS4, plus Fanatec might not be happy having to create new product specifically for PS4 to appease Sony. I love to use my Clubsport V2 on the Xbox 360, maybe future support.

VBR
Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

From the makers of the CronusMax Plus PS4 Wheel Edition comes the Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter. Drive Hub is a revolutionary, industry first cross over gaming adapter that makes it possible to use virtually any Force Feedback Steering wheel on your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 gaming console. Our proprietary Gearbox technology instantly detects and configures your wheel to match either Xbox One or PlayStation 4, no complicated tuning or PC apps required just Plug and Play.

Buy here: http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

Info here: http://cronusmax.com/new-product-drive-hub-pre-order-now/

Forum here: http://cronusmax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/342-Drive-Hub-Support

Compatible Wheels at launch:
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech G920
  • Logitech Driving Force Ex
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech MOMO Force
  • Logitech MOMO Racing
  • Fanatec Porsche Carrera
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2
  • Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
  • Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • Fanatec CSL Elite (Both Xbox One & PS4 versions)
  • Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
  • Thrustmaster T500RS
  • Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

drivehub_1.png

Kudos to @super_gt for posting this up here first, however, I thought it deserved it's own thread.
Woohoo!
tenor.gif

Birthday Burnout.gif

I'm confused. Hasn't ChronusMax already released a firmware for their current adapters that allow FFB to work with wheels on PS4 and Xbone? How's this any different?

Anyway, in the not so distant future, GIMX will be releasing firmware that will allow for Xbox One compatibility with their adapters, in addition to the already PS4 and PC support. Plus it's much cheaper and isn't restricted to just *some* wheels. *ANY* wheel can be used with GIMX doesn't matter who the manufacture is or how old it is, including OSW's, Thrustmasters, etc.

SoB.. I just bought a G29 to replace my G25 a week ago.

My questions:
  1. This seems to let you move from old wheels to new consoles, but can it do new wheels to old consoles? Can I use my G29 for PS1/2 games? Can this make my G29 shifter work with PS3.

This is my question too. I would love to use my g29 with ps2 games.

Could be a very interesting tool if it works flawlessly. Let it come out and read some more about it.:)
Plus, yeah... how long will it take until upgrades shot it down?

Last edited:
I'm confused. Hasn't ChronusMax already released a firmware for their current adapters that allow FFB to work with wheels on PS4 and Xbone? How's this any different?

Anyway, in the not so distant future, GIMX will be releasing firmware that will allow for Xbox One compatibility with their adapters, in addition to the already PS4 and PC support. Plus it's much cheaper and isn't restricted to just *some* wheels. *ANY* wheel can be used with GIMX doesn't matter who the manufacture is or how old it is, including OSW's, Thrustmasters, etc.
My understanding is that GIMX still requires you to attach to a PC?

The way I see it, GIMX is ideal for the PC racer who has a high end wheel and wants to also use that rig with consoles. Whereas ChronusMax sounds like it caters more for the multiplatform console user: Plug and play but limited to console-class wheels.

Back