Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
Just checked, I have the 2.0.5 beta 1 installed on my Drivehub. Runs with no problem with the G25.

Hey just tried using the 3.0 usb port that is in the back of the console and the 2.0.5 final version works great. Also, enabling fanalogic mode makes the rotaries, switches etc work. All i lose is two buttons (don't know why, three butons are binded to the X) and the analog joystick isn't detected (you can only press it) but i guess that's ok, most PC games don't support that either.

Hey just tried using the 3.0 usb port that is in the back of the console and the 2.0.5 final version works great. Also, enabling fanalogic mode makes the rotaries, switches etc work. All i lose is two buttons (don't know why, three butons are binded to the X) and the analog joystick isn't detected (you can only press it) but i guess that's ok, most PC games don't support that either.

So you now switched back to the non-beta 2.0.5 FW?

I think you loose those buttons because of the fanalogic mode. The buttons will be mapped to a G29 wheel. And that could explain the missing two buttons as the G29 probably has less buttons than your Fanatec F1 wheel.

So you now switched back to the non-beta 2.0.5 FW?

I think you loose those buttons because of the fanalogic mode. The buttons will be mapped to a G29 wheel. And that could explain the missing two buttons as the G29 probably has less buttons than your Fanatec F1 wheel.

No, with fanalogic mode it enables all the buttons but 3 of them are mapped to the X (a glitch? Idk) the rest is fine.

in normal mode you lose most of the buttons because it emulates the g29.

yes, i am now using the 2.0.5 final version

No, with fanalogic mode it enables all the buttons but 3 of them are mapped to the X (a glitch? Idk) the rest is fine.

in normal mode you lose most of the buttons because it emulates the g29.

yes, i am now using the 2.0.5 final version
I have a complete FANATEC team all the buttons work correctly on the play4 it works like a G29 and it is perfect

Last edited by a moderator:

So you plugged the drivehub into the rear USB port rather than the front USB ports, and it's working?

What FW are people running on drivehub?

2.0.5 or 2.0.5 beta.

I have the beta running on my G25 at the ps4.

So you plugged the drivehub into the rear USB port rather than the front USB ports, and it's working?

correct. at first i plugged it in the back port when trying the 2.0.5 beta and i thought thet was it. Went back to the front ports and it didn’t work, so i switched back and using the 2.0.5 final and it’s working. PS4 pro

I have a complete FANATEC team all the buttons work correctly on the play4 it works like a G29 and it is perfect

what do you mean by complete fanatec team? What wheel are using? I am using formula wheel so i had to turn on fanalogic mode to make all the buttons work.

correct. at first i plugged it in the back port when trying the 2.0.5 beta and i thought thet was it. Went back to the front ports and it didn’t work, so i switched back and using the 2.0.5 final and it’s working. PS4 pro

Sounds good, thanks for that info, I have a Pro as well and will see if plugging it in the back USB port may solve some issues.

hi,

have you tried this with Assetto Corsa Competizione? I have a similar setup (CSW2.5, V3 pedals) but with one of the universal hub wheels.
I’m thinking of getting a formula v2 wheel with the extra buttons/rotaries for controlling all the settings in ACC but don’t want to shell out £350 without knowing it works!

cheers

Hello, I don't know what you mean by the universal cube?

Ok I understand you, I do not know I have formula 1 carbon everything works.The display lets you configure steering wheel, pedals, drifter etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know will this allow a ps4/ps3 wheel thrustmaster t150 work with an xbox 360? Not sure if any info is buried in this thread about it..

thanks...

@MarcoM @Rubioansar

In response to both your questions, some background on set-up plus what I've found out with digging around:

I have the following:
The kit all works on PC/XBox One without using the Drivehub. Most of my racing is on the PS4 Pro though which I use the Drivehub for and it works great.

Drivehub Modes
Logitech Mode
- In this mode the Drivehub makes the CSW appear as a G29 to the PS4. This works really well as the rotaries on the Funky Switch (such a bad name!) mimc the red dial on the G29 so you can use it in GT Sport for editing MFD settings (and in other games too).

Fanalogic Mode - This mode makes the wheel appear as a CSL Elite to the PS4. I’ve not used this much as the rotaries don’t seem to be detected in any game I’ve tried it on. It does add things like the pedal vibration and rev lights where games support them though.

In Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC), I’m currently using it in Logitech mode so I can map an adjustment to the rotaries and there is a bug that means the pedal vibration is on 100% of the time. In most games, the FFB quality seems to be pretty comparable in either mode. I think most games pass similar data to wheels and it comes down to whether the wheel is good enough to bring out the subtleties.

Ideally, ACC will add keyboard support so I can use my cheap USB Number Pad to give me some extra buttons for all the on the fly adjustments you can make. Or maybe buy one of these: https://simracing4u.myonline.store/?sort_order=ascending&sort_method=by_price

They might not do that though and that’s why I’m considering the Formula V2 wheel (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet)

There are two potential questions as I see it:
1) Does the Drivehub pass through/map all of these extra buttons/rotaries when using it in Fanalogic mode and PS4?
2) Does any particular game support the wheel properly

Regarding Question1: @Rubioansar - you have a different Formula wheel but it sounds like using the Drivehub with PS4 does make the extra buttons and clutches available for mapping in F12019?

This reddit post also suggests that Drivehub supports these wheels with their extra buttons etc:

On Question 2, going by this post, it looks like ACC has proper support for the wheel:

Based on the above, it feels pretty likely it would all work, I’d quite like F1 style rim to swap about with the R300 for different cary types and having the rotary switches etc sounds great. But it’s quite a lot of money for just that and if ACC adds keyboard support I’d probably just use my number pad for a while and see how I get on.

Maybe @Podger can confirm how Drivehub handles the different Fanatec wheels that can be attached? Or if there is a way to make the Funky Switch Rotary work when in Fanalogic mode?

Cheers

Does anyone know will this allow a ps4/ps3 wheel thrustmaster t150 work with an xbox 360? Not sure if any info is buried in this thread about it...

Drive Hub only supports PS4,PS3, XBOX One, & PC. XBOX 360 is not a supported platform. The T150 is a supported device, but only on the aforementioned platforms.

@MarcoM @Rubioansar

In response to both your questions, some background on set-up plus what I've found out with digging around:

I have the following:
The kit all works on PC/XBox One without using the Drivehub. Most of my racing is on the PS4 Pro though which I use the Drivehub for and it works great.

Drivehub Modes
Logitech Mode
- In this mode the Drivehub makes the CSW appear as a G29 to the PS4. This works really well as the rotaries on the Funky Switch (such a bad name!) mimc the red dial on the G29 so you can use it in GT Sport for editing MFD settings (and in other games too).

Fanalogic Mode - This mode makes the wheel appear as a CSL Elite to the PS4. I’ve not used this much as the rotaries don’t seem to be detected in any game I’ve tried it on. It does add things like the pedal vibration and rev lights where games support them though.

In Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC), I’m currently using it in Logitech mode so I can map an adjustment to the rotaries and there is a bug that means the pedal vibration is on 100% of the time. In most games, the FFB quality seems to be pretty comparable in either mode. I think most games pass similar data to wheels and it comes down to whether the wheel is good enough to bring out the subtleties.

Ideally, ACC will add keyboard support so I can use my cheap USB Number Pad to give me some extra buttons for all the on the fly adjustments you can make. Or maybe buy one of these: https://simracing4u.myonline.store/?sort_order=ascending&sort_method=by_price

They might not do that though and that’s why I’m considering the Formula V2 wheel (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet)

There are two potential questions as I see it:
1) Does the Drivehub pass through/map all of these extra buttons/rotaries when using it in Fanalogic mode and PS4?
2) Does any particular game support the wheel properly

Regarding Question1: @Rubioansar - you have a different Formula wheel but it sounds like using the Drivehub with PS4 does make the extra buttons and clutches available for mapping in F12019?

This reddit post also suggests that Drivehub supports these wheels with their extra buttons etc:

On Question 2, going by this post, it looks like ACC has proper support for the wheel:

Based on the above, it feels pretty likely it would all work, I’d quite like F1 style rim to swap about with the R300 for different cary types and having the rotary switches etc sounds great. But it’s quite a lot of money for just that and if ACC adds keyboard support I’d probably just use my number pad for a while and see how I get on.

Maybe @Podger can confirm how Drivehub handles the different Fanatec wheels that can be attached? Or if there is a way to make the Funky Switch Rotary work when in Fanalogic mode?

Cheers

@TurboSenna , thank you for the thorough information.

So you're saying that if you use the default Logitech mode, then the V3 pedals won't have the constant rumble? I know it's a bug in ACC and probably will be fixed, but it would be nice that using the Logitech mode elimiates this. I am aware that you don't get any rumble in the pedals at all. I don't mind since I use a buttkicker. Especially "In most games, the FFB quality seems to be pretty comparable in either mode." makes a lot of sence to be able switch between the two.

The setup I ordered is pretty similar except for the 300R wheel , I will have the Forzamotor sport wheel because of a discount I got with the bundle.

Race on!

@TurboSenna , thank you for the thorough information.

So you're saying that if you use the default Logitech mode, then the V3 pedals won't have the constant rumble? I know it's a bug in ACC and probably will be fixed, but it would be nice that using the Logitech mode elimiates this. I am aware that you don't get any rumble in the pedals at all.

Sorry, that was poorly worded in my part.

logitech mode doesn’t hit the vibration bug in the pedals. You can still have some vibration in the brake pedal if you want though as the wheel settings let you set a force at which the pedal will vibrate.

not a true wheel locking affect but still quite useful.

I’m sure you’ll love the setup when it all arrives, I’m loving mine, it’s really got me back into sim racing

@TurboSenna , no you did not write it poorly. There are just many variables to be taken into consideration.

So when you use Logitech mode in ACC, the rumble on the throttle is gone and the rumble on the brake can be dialed in?

I am pretty sure I will love the fanatec gear. It will replace my 14 yo G25. And I still love that as well today!

It will replace my 14 yo G25. And I still love that as well today!

And I thought that my G25 lasted a long time! It was 10 years old before the brake & throttle started spiking. If only OEM pots could be easily sourced, it would still be going strong. That said, I do prefer the feeling of my Fanatec CSR, the belt drive is much smoother, although it produces the same amount of torque.

So when you use Logitech mode in ACC, the rumble on the throttle is gone and the rumble on the brake can be dialed in?

I am pretty sure I will love the fanatec gear. It will replace my 14 yo G25. And I still love that as well today!

That’s it exactly, no throttle vibration and tune the brake to your liking.

It seems that developers on console games are slowly making better use of the Fanatec SDK so hopefully more games will use all the functionality better in next gen.

G25 was an amazing bit of kit but I’m sure you’ll notice a difference like @VBR says.

Maybe see you on the track in ACC at some point :cheers:

VBR
And I thought that my G25 lasted a long time! It was 10 years old before the brake & throttle started spiking. If only OEM pots could be easily sourced, it would still be going strong. That said, I do prefer the feeling of my Fanatec CSR, the belt drive is much smoother, although it produces the same amount of torque.

Well my G25 got less abuse during by divorce period when my life was in flux.

And it has some battle scars. I had to replace the plastic wheel encoder with the brass one. And the flimsy spring mechanism to return the shiftpadals to their normal position wore out. I fixed that by adding push springs in the wheelhub. Works flawlessly ever since. Never heard of magnetic shifters back then :D

Most recent fix was a cable getting loose in the cable tree in the steering wheel. Tricky fix by stripping down the wire and fixating it with tabe. But it still works and the G25 is used a lot now with all those sims around.

@MarcoM - I got the calibration issue too. However, for me it turned out to be a loose screw holding the optical encoder board down, I just tightened it up & it's been fine ever since. My brake pot started spiking after a couple of years, so I swapped it out for the clutch & it lasted until year 10 of ownership. I only used the wheel for six years though, as I replaced it with A Fanatec GT2 wheel, & then with a CSR (I'm on my second CSR actually, which is not as good as my first). The G25 wheel has some play in it, as do the pedals, & if it wasn't for the spiking pots they would still be useable. I started using G29 pedals last year with my CSR (via Drive Hub).

So today I installed the new components. I run it via Drivehub on the ps4 with a selfmade handbrake. I'll have to do a lot of re-learning as my muscle memory is used to the old Logitech G25.
It took Fanatec 2,5 weeks to deliver. Quite good :)
The product really is an upgrade.
I got a bit emotional detaching my 14 yo G25. I love you and I'll miss you grinding gears :)

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Thank you all for anwering my question regarding Drivehub and buying such an expensive, not officially supported. piece of tech.

I got a bit emotional detaching my 14 yo G25. I love you and I'll miss you grinding gears :).

I can somewhat relate to this. I still have my G25 boxed & in storage. I can't bring myself to sell her: even typing that makes me wince! We had 6 years of great sim-racing together, from GT5 Prologue to GT5, & then on to GT6. Happy days...

:lol:

Hi guys ive got an xbox one and thrustmaster t150 for the ps3/ps4, i cant get the wheel to work using this adaptor, the unit powers up and the wheel starts the spinning process, but cant get it to work on the xbox one, anyone know what im doing wrong...thanks..

Hi guys ive got an xbox one and thrustmaster t150 for the ps3/ps4, i cant get the wheel to work using this adaptor, the unit powers up and the wheel starts the spinning process, but cant get it to work on the xbox one, anyone know what im doing wrong...thanks..

Perhaps silly questions but:
1) Have you got your XBOX Controller connected to the Controller port of Drivehub and switched off before connecting the Drivehub to your XBOX?
2) Have you got the Wheel connected to the Wheel/Controller port of the drive hub?
3) Does the wheel have different modes, e.g. PS/PC? You might need it to be in a specific mode for it to work

Back