Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,354 comments
I don't have any ps5 games that use a wheel. What game are you testing it on?
It could be tested on any PS5 game like Wreckfest, Dirt 5 or F1 2021 as long as it's the updated PS5 only version and while using the Hori pad.

This is where the confusion lies. It seems as though no PS4 pads work with PS5 games and this in theory would stop the Hori pad working for all future PS5 games:

The DualShock 4 and officially licensed third-party PS4 gamepads will work with supported PS4 games running on PS5, Sony said, but not for software developed specifically for PS5. Why? “[We] believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller,” Sony said.

From here:

It could be tested on any PS5 game like Wreckfest, Dirt 5 or F1 2021 as long as it's the updated PS5 only version and while using the Hori pad.
I tested Wreckfest (ps5 version) using the DriveHub and a Hori gamepad - works fine. I wonder if it is using ps4 code for the controllers. Don't have Dirt 5 or F1 2021 to test.

I tested Wreckfest (ps5 version) using the DriveHub and a Hori gamepad - works fine. I wonder if it is using ps4 code for the controllers. Don't have Dirt 5 or F1 2021 to test.
👍 That's one we know of now, but you could be on to something with the PS4 code for the controller as I'm not sure if Wreckfest uses haptics. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

You could probably also test any PS5 game using just the Hori pad and see if it works. Something like Astro's Playroom that makes use of the haptic feed back could be a good test. If you don't mind of course. :)

Last edited:
That’s weird (but good!) can you use the DS4 on Wreckfest PS5? Are you sure you are not playing the PS4 version?

That’s weird (but good!) can you use the DS4 on Wreckfest PS5? Are you sure you are not playing the PS4 version?

It says Wreckfest PS5 when you look at the internal storage. Don't know how else to check.

I already know the DS4 doesn't work so I just use the Hori pad / Drivehub combo for ps5.

If you have F1 2021, try getting the hori pad and test with the drivehub. I don't have F1 2021 otherwise I'll test that and let you know.

Hi, New here so I apoligise if this has been asked before, but I was unable to find out by searching the forums.

I have a Series X with a Drive Hub and was wondering if I could get it working with my G25 wheel for the sequential shift functionality?

@Podger I have noticed that you have mentioned pushing beta firmware updates to a server, any chance of a link to down load it, please?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi, New here so I apoligise if this has been asked before, but I was unable to find out by searching the forums.

I have a Series X with a Drive Hub and was wondering if I could get it working with my G25 wheel for the sequential shift functionality?

@Podger I have noticed that you have mentioned pushing beta firmware updates to a server, any chance of a link to down load it, please?

Thanks for any assistance.

at the bottom of the page there is a windows or mac link for the update tool

Wreckfest in Xbox Series X with Drivehub does not work my Logitech G923 (PS4 & PC) steering wheel. I have the latest beta installed. Does the same thing happen to someone?

Solved: I have tried the original steering wheel for Xbox and the same thing happens. It is not a Drive Hub issue.

Last edited:

actually it has to work in the future too, i think. How else should the Podium F1 Wheels or the Thrustmaster T300RS or CSL Elite Bases remain compatible with the PS5 in the future, which was also advertised. The two bases use the same chip as the DS4 controllers to verify themselves on the PS5, or am I wrong? Otherwise, this would also make this base incompatible with future PS5-only titles.

Last edited:
actually it has to work in the future too, i think. How else should the Podium F1 Wheels or the Thrustmaster T300RS or CSL Elite Bases remain compatible with the PS5 in the future, which was also advertised. The two bases use the same chip as the DS4 controllers to verify themselves on the PS5, or am I wrong? Otherwise, this would also make this base incompatible with future PS5-only titles.
If you look at my earlier post (#2073) Sony have stated that PS4 controllers won't work with PS5 games, and this has been the case so far with the notable exception of Wreckfest (and only with the Hori pad that I know of. I haven't tried with the DS4 because my PS4 has been put into storage with my other old consoles). It could be that cross gen games differ slightly.

At a guess I'd think the chips for each individual brand/model product has it's own code number to distinguish it from other brand/model products.

If you look at my earlier post (#2073) Sony have stated that PS4 controllers won't work with PS5 games, and this has been the case so far with the notable exception of Wreckfest (and only with the Hori pad that I know of. I haven't tried with the DS4 because my PS4 has been put into storage with my other old consoles). It could be that cross gen games differ slightly.

At a guess I'd think the chips for each individual brand/model product has it's own code number to distinguish it from other brand/model products.
Yes, you're right, i read the post again and also the complete Sony statement.
Unfortunately I don't have any pure PS5 racing game titles to test it out myself. I currently only play GTS on the PS5 and the rest on PC. Then that would mean that you can no longer play Gran Turismo 7 via Drivehub on the PS5 as soon as it appears. Or will there be a possibility to fix the problem with an update?

Yes, you're right, i read the post again and also the complete Sony statement.
Unfortunately I don't have any pure PS5 racing game titles to test it out myself. I currently only play GTS on the PS5 and the rest on PC. Then that would mean that you can no longer play Gran Turismo 7 via Drivehub on the PS5 as soon as it appears. Or will there be a possibility to fix the problem with an update?
Sorry, I have no idea whether or not there'll be a fix. 🤞 Fingers crossed that there will be for all those that rely on Drivehub though.

I have been using Xbox G923 on PS5 with Hori Mini Controller and it works flawlessly. I have tested GT Sport (PS4), Project Cars 3 (PS4) WRC 9 (PS5) Wreckfest (PS5) and it recognizes it as native.

When the Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) arrives I don't think I will have any problems in recognizing it since Hori mini makes Drivehub act as if it were a steering wheel and validate the license to work on PS5

Last edited:
I'd like to know, in GTS, about the slight "resistance" on CSW v2.5, if it happens to on the csl dd, after you exit a couple times to Menu

Last edited:
@Podger Hi! I'm playing F1 2021 on my PS4 with drivehub and TSXW steering wheel and firmware 2.0.8 beta. I can play without problems but I feel that the FFB is too low. Is there a chance that you create a new firmware?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
I bought the SF1000 wheel but the screen does not seem to work. Does anyone know if there is a workaround or something?

It's shame if it does not work at all

Hi @Podger
First of all I want to thank you for the support you give to the drivehub since without it, it would be impossible to use. That's why the more information you get from users, the better you use the drivehub. I wanted to tell you that a few days ago I updated the latest firmware 2.0.8-beta.5 and can use my thrustmaster TSWX on my PS4 both the F12021 and GTsport, but I still don't have as much ffb. It is very weak and it feels almost nothing even though I have raised all the values in both games. I tell you this so that if possible you can see how to increase ffb in the next firmware. Thank you so much.

I'm thinking about buying Drivehub. I use T300 with PS5 and I would use it with Series X. Will my experience be like I just connected dedicated xbox wheel like Thrustmaster TX? Would I notice any difference playing the same game on both consoles? I'm worried that the experience will be worse than with native compatibilty.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about buying Drivehub. I use T300 with PS5 and I would use it with Series X. Will my experience be like I just connected dedicated xbox wheel like Thrustmaster TX? Would I notice any difference playing the same game on both consoles? I'm worried that the experience will be worse than with native compatibilty.
As long as the game is fully supported, it feels basically the same. The only thing I noticed was when comparing Assetto Corsa (1) I had to turn up the FFB a little on Series X. That maybe because its running in PC/PS3 mode and it keeps the Windows driver settings so its starting at 75% force? but that is just my guess.

I mainly used it to play Forza which it works fine. I had issues with WRC9 on series X not getting any vibration feedback. There have been some beta firmware updates since then but I have not tried it again.

AC, F1 2019, and both Forzas worked as expected.

Last edited:
Back