Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
As long as the game is fully supported, it feels basically the same. The only thing I noticed was when comparing Assetto Corsa (1) I had to turn up the FFB a little on Series X. That maybe because its running in PC/PS3 mode and it keeps the Windows driver settings so its starting at 75% force? but that is just my guess.

I mainly used it to play Forza which it works fine. I had issues with WRC9 on series X not getting any vibration feedback. There have been some beta firmware updates since then but I have not tried it again.

AC, F1 2019, and both Forzas worked as expected.

I’m gonna focus 100% on Forza so that’s a good news. Thanks.

Hi, new to the site. Looking for some assistance as I'm having a difficult time getting Heusinkveld Ultimate+ to work via Drivehub on PS5 - F1 20201.

Currently using Fanatec Podium F1 bundle in CSW v2.5 mode with Horipad mini and the Ultimate+ plugged in in the accessory port of Drivehub. Couldn't get the game to detect the pedals at all in Fanatec or Fanalogic mode. I calibrated the pedals on a PC and they seemed to work fine.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi, new to the site. Looking for some assistance as I'm having a difficult time getting Heusinkveld Ultimate+ to work via Drivehub on PS5 - F1 20201.

Currently using Fanatec Podium F1 bundle in CSW v2.5 mode with Horipad mini and the Ultimate+ plugged in in the accessory port of Drivehub. Couldn't get the game to detect the pedals at all in Fanatec or Fanalogic mode. I calibrated the pedals on a PC and they seemed to work fine.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi
are these a new model, if so they wont be supported unless we add support.. We would need you to collect some data from the pedals.. please email me @ wheelman@collectiveminds.ca for details

Hello all, I'm using a g29 wheel/pedals and th8a shifter on a ps5 with a drivehub and hori gamepad. Everything works great, but does anyone know if you can add a handbrake to this set up? I was thinking of trying the Clubsport Handbrake 1.5, since that's one that drivehub supports. Any help is appreciated.

Ske
Can anyone verify if the Drivehub will enable "foreign" pedal sets with a supported wheel on PS5?
E.g. T300 with Fanatec pedals?

Might not have the same issues as unsupported wheels, right?
Waiting on this as well.

Hello People, following questions which would be much appreciated if someone here could clarify.
I only play on PlayStation 5 with a T300 and T-LCM Pedals.
I was thinking to buy a Fanatec CSL DD with a Drivehub and a new Rim.
The Question is will I be able to hook up my T-LCM Pedals to the Fanatec DD Base when using the Drivehub?!
Does it even work on PS 5 by using the Drivehub?!
Or would it be the smarter Solution to wait until next year when Fanatec releases its PS5 Version of their DD Base?!
For the latter case, i pretty much assume I will have to buy me some new Fanatec Pedals as I think that the Fanatec Base won’t allow me to hook up the T-LCMs‘ natively…

edit: just watched this and my speculations have been confirmed.
I‘ll definitely wait for the official PS5 Version :)

Last edited:
Hello. I ordered a drivehub racing wheel today. I know that forza horizon 4 works. I have steering wheels for ps / pc and I want to play xbox series x. Soon forza horizon 5 comes out. Will everything work like in forza horizon 4? Or need a wait for new firmware? Have a nice evening

I have a Thrustmaster TX wheel I’ve been using on PS5 in GT Sport with no problems. I recently got the SF1000 wheel add-on and there is no force feedback anymore. I noticed on the PC the wheel is now labeled as Thrustmaster Advanced Racer. I wonder if this is causing the issue with the FFB. Other than that the wheel still works

Hi all – I’m making this post because I had to dig around on different websites for a while to figure out how to get this set up to work. Thought it might be useful to have this in one place. Hopefully this can help others, if they have a similar set up on console. This is the list of equipment I’m using together. I only play GT sport and Dirt Rally 2.0, so I’m not positive it will work on other games.

PS5
GT-Lite Seat
G29 Wheel + Pedals
Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
Fanatec Handbrake V1.5 with usb adapter (Update driver on adapter to handbrake instead of shifter)
Drivehub (Update to newest Firmware, put in racing mode, when plugged in put in Fanatec mode)
Hori Gamepad - needed for Drivehub to function of PS5
ONN usb hub ($10 at Walmart, not powered)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drivehub and updater tool and manual - https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/
USB adapter for Fanatec Handbrake and Driver 405 download tool - https://fanatec.com/us-en/accessories/pedal-accessories/clubsport-usb-adapter
USB Hub from Walmart – USB HUB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the G29 pedals connected to the wheel, and the wheel connected to the Drivehub in the wheel/controller slot. The Hori Gamepad is in the controller slot. The ONN usb hub is in the accessory slot, and the TH8A shifter and Fanatec handbrake are plugged into the usb hub. This is a cheap nonpowered usb hub from Walmart. I emailed Collective Minds originally, and they told me I need a powered usb hub. For some reason a powered one would cause my wheel to disconnect. I switched to this cheap one, and it worked great right away. The Drivehub is connected to the front usb slot on the PS5.

There are a few things you need to do to get this set up to work properly. First you need to update the firmware on the Drivehub to the most recent one. You can find this on the Collective Minds Drivehub site under downloads. Also, make sure the Drivehub is in racing mode. When you plug it into the computer to update the firmware, the light on the front should go in a figure 8, not a circle. Then you need to update the driver of the usb adapter for the Fanatec handbrake. You can find the software for this on the Fanatec site. Follow their instructions, and put the driver into handbrake mode instead of shifter mode. Get everything set up/plugged, but don’t plug the Drivehub into the PS5 yet. Turn the PS5 on, but make sure the PS5 controller is turned off. Then plug the Drivehub into the front usb slot of the ps5. Wheel should configure and you can start to navigate the pages on screen with it.

This next part is a little tricky, you need to switch the Drivehub into Fanatec mode. You can find the instructions for this on the Collective Minds Drivehub page under Support, you’ll see a link for the manual. It’s a little different though, because if you don’t have a Fanatec wheel, you won’t see lights go on to tell you it worked. You need to press and hold the share and options buttons on the wheel at the same time. You most likely won’t see anything occur when you do so. Then unplug the Drivehub from the PS5 and plug it back in. I had to do this half a dozen times to get it to work. When done properly a message will pop up saying that something has changed. Go past this message and it should now be in Fanatec mode. The first few times I turned everything on to play, I had to do this over again. After a few times though, the Drivehub stayed in Fanatec mode. Now all I have to do is turn my PS5 on (controller off) and plug the Drivehub into the PS5. A good game for testing this is Dirt Rally 2.0. If everything worked properly, the game will say you have a Fanatec wheel plugged in when you’re at the options menu. This options menu will also allow you to test the handbrake. If you don't put the Drivehub into Fanatec mode, and leave it in Fanalogic mode, the handbrake will act like it's the x button.
I think I covered everything here, but feel free to ask questions. I’ll answer them if I can. Hope this helps!

Anyone know if Forza Horizon 5 will be supported? FH4 is good with a controller but sometimes using a wheel, shifter, and handbrake on an simcade is great fun

Any update for FH5?
I tried to play with the drivehub latest beta and the cars are spinning like hell.
Anyone else is experiencing this?

FH5 is working well for me using my T300. I’m using firmware 2.0.8 beta 7. Only thing I had to do was fine tune the steering using a YouTube video.

FH5 is working well for me using my T300. I’m using firmware 2.0.8 beta 7. Only thing I had to do was fine tune the steering using a YouTube video.

How are the wheel controls in Forza Horizon 5? I tried a wheel in Forza Horizon 3 and it was harder to drive vs using a 360 controller. Even with adjustments to settings never could get the hang of a wheel in that game.

How are the wheel controls in Forza Horizon 5? I tried a wheel in Forza Horizon 3 and it was harder to drive vs using a 360 controller. Even with adjustments to settings never could get the hang of a wheel in that game.
They are very good once you’ve done some tinkering. But to be competitive you’ll best of using a controller and it’s a lot harder on steering wheel fighting the force feed back in my opinion

Hello I’m new here

I have T300. Can I use g29 shifter or another USB Shifter with t300 on XBSX?

and can I use any usb handbreak with drive hub?

TH8A + TSS handbreak is too expensive for me.

Sorry for my poor English.

Last edited:
Hello I’m new here

I have T300. Can I use g29 shifter or another USB Shifter with t300 on XBSX?

and can I use any usb handbreak with drive hub?

TH8A + TSS handbreak is too expensive for me.

Sorry for my poor English.
Not sure about G29 shifter, but otherwise there are a few that do work. The Fanatec one will work. I use my TH8A in the analog handbrake mode, which without drive hub was not possible on PS or Xbox.

Not sure about G29 shifter, but otherwise there are a few that do work. The Fanatec one will work. I use my TH8A in the analog handbrake mode, which without drive hub was not possible on PS or Xbox.

Can you please share how to set up the TH8A as an analog handbrake on Xbox? I have both the shifter and drive hub although I use an Xbox Fanatec CSL wheel base. Do I have to do anything on the PC first to set the shifter into analog mode? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Can you please share how to set up the TH8A as an analog handbrake on Xbox? I have both the shifter and drive hub although I use an Xbox Fanatec CSL wheel base. Do I have to do anything on the PC first to set the shifter into analog mode? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Yes you have to Put on the H-Pattern Plate, load the TH8A drivers and control panel on PC and connect the TH8A to PC. Then use the control panel and check box to select analog mode, test it on PC.

Now unhook connect it to the drive hub and it will work as analog handbrake. If you connect it directly to the console it will change back to shifter mode.

Yes you have to Put on the H-Pattern Plate, load the TH8A drivers and control panel on PC and connect the TH8A to PC. Then use the control panel and check box to select analog mode, test it on PC.

Now unhook connect it to the drive hub and it will work as analog handbrake. If you connect it directly to the console it will change back to shifter mode.
Thanks so much for the info. Was able to get it working in Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox Series S but Forza Horizon 5 was a no go as it wouldn’t map the handbrake. Think FH5 needs a patch though as others have had issues with analog handbrakes.

Please guys, I'm really struggling with the steering at FH5 with G29 + Drivehub + Series X. The car is all over the place and the gas pedal is so sensetive. FFB feels weird. Anyone else has this problems??? I want to drift so bad.

I’m also having issues with G29, drive hub and Forza Horizon 5 on series X. Pretty sure it’s just needing a firmware update as it seems fine on pc and also, my G920 plugged into the series x directly is behaving as expected. Just a case of waiting for compatible firmware i’m guessing?

Back