DRIVE THIS CAR!!! Random Car Challenge

• Thread starter t.o.
  • 270 comments
Okay, my bad ;) I got a bit confused there, sorry.
No problem. Might give the Trans Am another go and see if I can get the time down to at least below 8:50.

Scratch that, I will try and give the RS6 a go as it seems it will be more fun due to the speed.

Last edited:
It is just the transplant, but last night I built a second one with full racing upgrades for a massive 997 lb ft of torque! It was too showy in the German flag colours, so now it's all black. :D

Ok, quick question, not that it matters but I think it might. Are some guys buying the cars versus some guys play free play mode? Just curious.

First post updated.

Ok, quick question, not that it matters but I think it might. Are some guys buying the cars versus some guys play free play mode? Just curious.

First post updated.

I'm using free play mode but for the V12 TDI swap, is it possible to do that in free play?

I'm using free play mode but for the V12 TDI swap, is it possible to do that in free play?
Nope, you still have to purchase the car to upgrade it. So, sticking to stock vehicles would be preferable, for the most part, I assume.

I just got back a couple hours ago. I ran 3 laps. This was my 3rd lap. Using a wheel with H-Shifter. Free run, hot lap.

IMG_20110918_150720.jpg

I know I can get quicker but im still getting used to the new wheel and especially using the H-Shifter after using paddles for so long.
I will give it another go either later or in the morning.

Edit. BTW I used hood view.

Last edited:
I ended up just driving the RS6 stock in free play as I'm only at the beginning of the Forza career so will take me ages to get enough money to buy the car and do the V12 TDI swap. First lap time was 8:55.311 and second lap was 8:43.174. The 5th gear doesn't do much in that car as stock.

I updated the front page again. Didn't include the stock Audi as I'll wait for some swap times to come in and then addendum with non-stock times.

IMAG0072.jpg

Full sim, but no clutch
Controller (was too lazy to bring out the wheel, just got back from camping)
No tuning
Cockpit view
One lap
3 wall crashes :(
Standing start

Been a long time since I raced the ring, and never raced that car before. I guess I should have done hot lap like others. Whoops.

@ t.o.

OP error.

As much as I wish my lap was a SS, it was on my 3rd lap so in all honesty it's a FS. I'm going to run a few laps later after the game.

Last edited:
Well, I don't own the car pack with the 2009 RS6 :(. I can't see buying the pack with it so close to the release of FM4. I guess I will try to shave some of my Trans Am time down on the ring until someone picks a car that is not requiring a purchase from Xbox Live Marketplace.

IMAG0072.jpg

Full sim, but no clutch
Controller (was too lazy to bring out the wheel, just got back from camping)
No tuning
Cockpit view
One lap
3 wall crashes :(
Standing start

Been a long time since I raced the ring, and never raced that car before. I guess I should have done hot lap like others. Whoops.

I'll wait till you get a time you want to post before updating if you want.

Even though this seems to be headed toward hotlapping action I highly suggest and may try to configure challenges some way to include actual racing (AI/Human) because that's an element of fun that shouldn't get neglected. As you can see from the first vid that's where I got my Trans Am experience first.

I think we HAVE to get together online guys and have a few races with some of these rides. Maybe once a week at least till FM4 drops.
We could vote on a car of the week from our test drive cars and race that one. The TransAm will , of course, have to be the first one since it only feels right to have the car that kicked it off get first honors ;) lol

First post updated

Feel free to post that time. I will go forward with the next cars properly.

Posted.

I updated the Legend too guys so check that out.

I realized I never posted my times. I only had that one run (scraped a wall on the way ;) lol ). I'm definitely going to get a few more laps in and do better than that.

Last edited:
Full sim on a fanatec with no clutch.
All assists off no tuning, and I hit the wall twice.

Edit- I only did one lap at a standing start, that was enough lol
IMAG0300.jpg

Last edited:
Full sim on a fanatec with no clutch.
All assists off no tuning, and I hit the wall twice.

Edit- I only did one lap at a standing start, that was enough lol
IMAG0300.jpg

LOL, wasn't enjoying your ride? OP updated.

I'm a Ford guy first off, and as another poster said its just boring Haha. I'm doing the s6 now.

I'm a Ford guy first off, and as another poster said its just boring Haha. I'm doing the s6 now.

I think if we took these into a race boring would be the last description of this car. Then again... lol.

You doing the S6 with the engine swap?

I think if we took these into a race boring would be the last description of this car. Then again... lol.

I think the car is far from boring even during time trials. I tend to enjoy time trials anyway.

I think the car is far from boring even during time trials. I tend to enjoy time trials anyway.

For the ring, it didn't have enough balls for me. Haha that's my opinion though obviously.

I just took my r3 800 ZR1 around and that's a different story. Switched to the controller on that one lol

T.o. - yea rs6 with the tdi.

I'm sure it will feel slow when going from the modded ZR1 to the stock T/A but if you haven't played for a while or you drive a really slow car first then the TA feels decently fast.

Ran 3 more laps. Once again my 3rd was the quickest. same as before,flying start, no assists, hood view, wheel w/ clutch and H-pattern shifter.

fastlap.jpg

I'm sure it will feel slow when going from the modded ZR1 to the stock T/A but if you haven't played for a while or you drive a really slow car first then the TA feels decently fast.

I didn't go from the Z to the T/A.I wasn't comparing, I just thought it was dull. I personally never run D cars though, mainly B and up so that could be the case.

zr1chris
Good to hear you guys have taken this thing to the Ring. I will get on it as soon as I get back in town.

Nice! 👍 There is actually a couple black LS1 SS's that just popped up for sale in my area but I didn't have a chance to stop in and take a peak.

Was yours a manual or auto? Mine was a manual. What I miss most was pulling away in 1st casually then shifting into 2nd and dumping the clutch and burning rubber for a couple hundred feet. :D I miss those days. :(

I had a 6 speed (3-73s) 3rd gear roll at 70 is just nastiness.

Patriot Performance heads, retainers, 918 springs etc, big Lunati cam (forget the lobe), rear mounted turbo system, 125 wet shot wot switch. Couple of other small things but just like you it has been over 10 years since I have owned it. Funny thing is she was completely stock until I mis-shifted 4-5 at redline and hit 3rd gear instead.... Lol. Yikes. Immediately bent push rods and she started sounded like a sewing machine (bent push rods chip away at the heads). I started to tear her down to replace the rods, heads, inspect for other damage... long story short I just started throwing parts into her. She was putting up pretty good numbers; little under 550 to the wheels without spraying. I miss her :'(

I have owned much faster bikes but once you own one you cannot beat the sound or pull of a LS motor.

Once I am done with school I hope hoping to purchase a C5/C6 Z06.

Just updated the OP.

I put up a flying lap I did. I did worse driving on that than I did on the SS lap. Not proud of that lap at all as I scraped alot of paint thinking I could take more speed in the corners than what the vehicle can really handle.

When I get home later today (much alter :indiff:) I'll try to get the 'Am around the track a bit faster... Feels like it still has a bit to give... Getting below 9 minutes seems possible with more than just two laps of practice :lol:

I updated the front page again. Didn't include the stock Audi as I'll wait for some swap times to come in and then addendum with non-stock times.

I did the time with the RS6 that comes with the game out the box, not the DLC one though. I just realised it was the 2009 one that was picked.
When I get home later today (much alter :indiff:) I'll try to get the 'Am around the track a bit faster... Feels like it still has a bit to give... Getting below 9 minutes seems possible with more than just two laps of practice :lol:

I think something around 8:40 is possible with the car. I will give it another go to get used to using the clutch button and also driving in the game with no abs. I probably spent a lot less than 10 hours playing the game in total so I got a lot to learn.

I think something around 8:40 is possible with the car. I will give it another go to get used to using the clutch button and also driving in the game with no abs. I probably spent a lot less than 10 hours playing the game in total so I got a lot to learn.
I guess I could get below 9 minutes easily while using hood view or bumper cam...

My biggest issue with the 'Am is finding some confidence in the car, to know where to push it and where to keep my cool. Hood view and a bit experience could well equal a time in the mid to high 8:40s, but I doubt I'll have the patience to push the car that far... I just don't like it enough :lol: And I'm a die-hard cockpit user, too :dopey:

Back