Driveclub feature request OT (Thank you EVO)

I have stepped away for a bit, but here are things that still need improvement. These might entice me to come back for more.
* filter leaderboards between pad users and wheel users.
- Wheel handles much different than pad. With fewer assists of the wheel I want to compete on an even playing field.
* Multiplayer ranking system with ELO match making.
* Contact with other cars and barricades should have negative impact on ranking
* Instead of waiting for a race to start and players to synchronize, allow car selection immediately and send you on the track in single player time trial mode. Once everyone is synced up and the servers are ready to allow you to race you get kicked out of your time trial and race begins as normal. I hate waiting between MP races.
* get rid of team multiplayer races. They serve no purpose.
* FFB on T300 seems to have gotten worse in the latest patch. I have it at 100% and it's too light for my taste.
* Figure out a better way to use photo mode with wheel. Unplugging wheel to allow ds4 to work is BS solution.
* The entire club system needs an overhaul. All it has ever been for me is a way to access the extra cars. Need more ways to communicate and share with club mates. I would like a way to ensure all members are active. I don't own my club and have no idea if anyone in my club even still plays. I could see a club elimination tournament where clubs compete over a series of weeks to get the top spot. Clubs could be matched with an ELO system. Start with 64 similarly skilled teams and find a champion - NCAA basketball style.

I would like to see ...

* a "change car" option when you've finished an event. Keep all the parameters, just change the car. That way you could more easily compare cars and find out about their peculiarities instead of going through all menus again.

* a "compare cars" option in the garage.

* separate livery slots for the cars. Many liveries look OK on some cars but not on others.

* better liveries generally, e.g. based on real-life ones. Liveries are among the weakest elements in the game. A proper livery editor would be even better still, obviously.

* a "photo tour"-mode where you can pose your car (and maybe others) on the track like you can in GTs photo travel mode.

* the option to open the doors in said mode. It seems the animation is there; unless the getting-in-the-car bit before a race is a video and not something rendered in real time.

- Add start up animations/sounds in car selection menu.
- Allow players to take pictures of the interior with a proper free camera angle in photomode.

It was confirmed a day or so ago that they are working on private lobbies and the MP section in general. They seem to surprise us with a few additional things when they bring something into the game like that, so who knows.

Stability of the MP mode is also something needed before much different can be achieved with it, or indeed, new ideas be tried out.

Personally, that whole re-race the same track thing got extremely old for me very quickly in GT5 and WRC3 as well as 4. People would vote on the latter game, but invariably we'd all end up doing the first stage endlessly, just because a few people had spend a few days straight getting it perfect. Same applied in some respect for GT - but it was more down to who had an optimised tune for their car - I have literally seen the same track selected four times in a row, maybe more...I usually get out around that point.

I think the idea would be fine if the repeat option was limited though.

Three months are gone... Are they still developing something for private lobbies?

-Touge tracks!

-Option to turn off assists

-Supra :D, obviously also want AE86, Skyline, NSX, etc, so many Japanese legends I want.

Last edited:
-Support for Fanatec hardware, if Project Cars can do it, then so can Drive club, read this evolution studios.

Last edited:
Guys please post your suggestions in the format like in the OP, it's a hassle for me to change the format, Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is actually possible:
- Spotify integration allowing players to replace menu music with their own playlists.

It's been mentioned a lot on these forums but for some reason MECHANICAL DAMAGE is not in the list. This is a must. It will reward proper driving more. Guys who don't drive properly will be duly punished.

It's been mentioned a lot on these forums but for some reason MECHANICAL DAMAGE is not in the list. This is a must. It will reward proper driving more. Guys who don't drive properly will be duly punished.

As long as it was optional.

👍

- Being able to see lap times of each round (just like Gran Turismo)
- Accolades for the DLCs (like "play 100 events in Japan", "300km with the Jaguar" and so on)
- Increased level cap

The gained XP so far should be retro-active. [...]

Yay, thanks Evo! :) Love the new accolades, I'm highly motivated to fill them out.

Interestingly the "able to see lap times" feature was available in a earlier version of the game:

-Turn your ghost on/off with one button

This is already available (Left on the D-Pad)

- Sorting option in the car selection screen
- a favorite cars section within the garage.
- Slow motion and filters for replays
- Multiplayer Drift Mode
- I would like to control my wipers as the set speed is quite often nowhere near fast enough to clear the water.

Add to this an online practice/freemode, and I'd pretty much be set!
Edit: Also, reduce the phase in/out effect of light when transitioning in and out of tunnels. It's OP & overkill.

Last edited:
I know they added the option to bring the hud up with the d-pad (or analogue stick if you use the d-pad for steering) but I think it would be even better if there was an option for the HUD to come up automatically at the end of each sector and then go off automatically after 2, 5 or 10 seconds. This way you can concentrate on the driving and not worry about having to keep turning it on/off.

Last edited:
I like to race 1vs1 (Togue Style in Japan) against the KI but it needs some improvement:
- choose the opponent car (so you don't need to restart the event over and over again just to race against one specific car, also some combinations are really hard(and fun), like Sesto Elemento vs One:1)
- both cars should start on the same line (like in drag races)
- harder,better,faster,stronger KI (something beyond Legend)

- a Drag Race Mode (or as a minigame if you are waiting in the lobby for the other players.
- Togue Mode

- Support for the Move Racing Wheel (PS4 supports the Move Controller and you can use the buttons of the wheel to start the game from the home screen (digipad does not work) but DC does not support this Motion Control option.
IMG_20150718_065013.jpg

Edit:
- icons on the leaderboard that indicates which steering option the player used (like on the leaderboards in Project Cars)

Last edited:
Ok, so some things that would be great to see in DC.

• Further customisable controls for steering wheels (since the update, seems like the look left right has gone etc)
• Be able to switch off/on TCS if possible in reality.
• During replays, assign a button that holds the current camera.
• A more interactive version of the car selection, manual control of walking around the car, free view. Tap a button to enter the car then another button to start the engine when ready. A small drive away would be sweet before the race ( as others have mentioned)
• A little more time on the grid before the race start, being able to start the car manually.
• Another point to point stage per location.
• One enduro point to point per location, 10 - 20 kms long.
• Touge ( as others have mentioned)
• Better detailed car stats
• Slow mo feature for replays
• High beams and full control of the lights at all times
• Another, faster wiper speed & full control over the wipers at all times

Thanks for the great game Evo!

Last edited:
I contacted @rushy33 via Twitter requesting random grid position for the player in offline single race, instead of always starting last like we do now.
He did respond thanking me for my feedback and said EVO would look into it, though I suspect that this is the stock reply that most would get so who knows if my suggestion will see the light of day.
If you like my suggestion please tweet him, the more requests he gets the more likely that it might happen.

Club Ranking: It's meaningless atm,a leaderboard of uncatchable drift point farmers ( i guess from those ridiculous amounts).It seems weird that they have club rankings on time trial leaderboards and yet it in no way reflects in the overall club rank.I think it should be based on a combination of multiplayer/timetrial/evo challenges.The no.1 club should be the fastest club,not the grindiest club.

Club Ranking: It's meaningless atm,a leaderboard of uncatchable drift point farmers ( i guess from those ridiculous amounts).It seems weird that they have club rankings on time trial leaderboards and yet it in no way reflects in the overall club rank.I think it should be based on a combination of multiplayer/timetrial/evo challenges.The no.1 club should be the fastest club,not the grindiest club.
Something like average height on evolution challenges done by percentages would be cool. 100% for 1st 0% for last and obviously your percentage may change before the challenge is up. That'd make things more competitive for sure!

Back