Driveclub Photo Thread *Read OP*

• Thread starter Earth
  • 8,072 comments
ufyeza.jpg

I was really going to wait until photomode reared its beautiful head (and weather) but considering how things are going right now, what the hay...and a bonus wallpaper with some very light editing.

Nice shots there. I wanted to wait until photomode too, but they're just too alluring...

Hoping photomode/replay/weather are still going to be released on schedule for this year considering Evo still has a huge issue with the server coding...

I had the impression that it's more about the social cross-connectivity aspect rather than straight online coding. I do hope it's all going to come together soon though, as the first DLC packs will be due next month too.

Head of PS France mentioned it was due to an error in coding that restricts the number of players playing at the same time. Wonder how long rewriting all of that code is going to take. :(

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/46666-driveclub-une-erreur-dans-la-programmation-du-jeu

"in the coding of the game driveclub , a mistake has been made preventing enough people to play at the same time.... This is being re-programmed but it takes a lot more time than simply add 1000,2000,3000 servers.... we need more than a simple patch, the problem resides in the code and the way the network accepts sessions.... I have no idea when it will be solved"

Head of PS France mentioned it was due to an error in coding that restricts the number of players playing at the same time. Wonder how long rewriting all of that code is going to take. :(

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/46666-driveclub-une-erreur-dans-la-programmation-du-jeu

"in the coding of the game driveclub , a mistake has been made preventing enough people to play at the same time.... This is being re-programmed but it takes a lot more time than simply add 1000,2000,3000 servers.... we need more than a simple patch, the problem resides in the code and the way the network accepts sessions.... I have no idea when it will be solved"
Okay, that's new then. I know software launches can be and often are problematic - sometimes though, I just wish they'd bite that bullet and be more open earlier on.

Ah well, at least they are working on it.

Last edited:
Is this game as graphically beautiful as say horizon 2?
I'm not sure if the member(s) who played both might still be visiting this forum - If not I seem to remember that people felt both games were equally good looking; though it would also depend on how you like your colours: natural or tweaked.

It's also a subjective call, so like I said to another member here, go onto your PS4 and watch a few livestreams, any of which are currently live, can now be accessed directly from the library since patch 2.0. That's probably an easy way to determine if the game is beautiful or not.

One thing to bear in mind, replays aren't quite as crisp as the gameplay you experience yourself - well, they don't seem to be to me. I'm not sure of the livestream quality though.

Back