Driveclub Photo Thread *Read OP*

• Thread starter Earth
  • 8,072 comments
"...While the herd grazes near sundown, the RUF creeps closer, biding its time...ready to pounce when least expected."

Excellent photos, loved the one after the above pic too đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Oh Photomode... All in game, no external editing.
DRIVECLUB™_20141119172417.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141119172847.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141119173147.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141119174353.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141119173521.jpg

I can't wait until the picture quality from SHARE is actually good. It seriously can't be that hard to at least add an option for higher quality JPG or even PNG...

I'll probably have broken arms by morning time for saying this, but judging from these photos, I don't really see anything too amazing. It really looks like the GT photo mode and that's not bad... I just expected something completely different.

I'll probably have broken arms by morning time for saying this, but judging from these photos, I don't really see anything too amazing. It really looks like the GT photo mode and that's not bad... I just expected something completely different.

Aside from the stunning lighting and the much better backgrounds, DC doesn't render their pics as much (from what I got it's just AA improvment) and not that supersampled one you get in GT6, which means that these are actually very close to gameplay pics which in GT6 photomode isn't the same as gameplay.

Car models won't impress you that much, the GT premiums are already stunning.

:lol: This isn't a GT thread, so you should be safe ;)

Like @sems4arsenal says, the images are compressed via the share button process. I've seen enough comments to Evo about going the GT route for captures, so maybe at some point.

Equally, game graphics won't seem to improve as massively as seen between previous generations, especially with GT getting us used to how good it can get.

Now it's turn for my arms to possibly get broken...nor am I looking to start a war. The Crew however, I think looks at lot worse graphically, so it is possible to go the other way and still get away with it, apparently.

I just spent an hour or two with Photo Mode and had a blast and after I was done, I looked at them... I'm done. This isn't worth it when my pictures are being ruined by something as stupid as compression.

Somewhat satisfied with photo mode so far. Easier to use and more immediate than GT6's (and the filters are better, too). It badly needs a high res capture option or something though. The compression on those share screenshots just doesn't do the game justice.

GT S 2.jpg
GT S 3.jpg
Evora 3.jpg
Evora 2.jpg
Evora 1.jpg

All of those pictures look pretty good to me. True, no compression would improve it all a lot but judging by Evo's comments about the screenshots taken so far, they do seem keen to get the best possible resolution.

As they also mentioned that their intention with the game is to have it evolve through fan feedback, it'll be quite likely that a patch for photomode will appear at some point.

In the meantime, keep those pics coming.

My first pictures. All in game. I really like the number and quality of filters available in the game. I hope GT7 will have something similar.

Those close-up shots of the 4C and the California driving away from the bridge are both amazing đź‘Ť

Back