Driveclub Photo Thread *Read OP*

• Thread starter Earth
  • 8,072 comments
I must be dumb or blind, but how do you press the shutter button in photo mode? I was playing around for the first time today with the garage photomode to get the "Aperture Science" trophy, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to actually take a shot. The workaround I guess is using the share button, but I've heard that degrades picture quality significantly. Surely with the amount of detail in the cars, environment and photo settings Evo Studios did manage to include an in game shutter button?

@LeGeNd-1 As far is I know is that you setup your picture in the photomode, hide the UI and take the picture with the "share" function. Be aware that you need to set it to PNG-format under the sharing/capture options of your PS4 itself.

DRIVECLUB™_20181125165457.png
DRIVECLUB™_20181125170049.png

@doblocruiser Yeah I'm aware of the Share button. My concern is I've read that pictures taken this way on the PS4 isn't giving the full resolution possible from the game itself due to compression on uploading to PSN. I'm just wondering if there is a button to take pics from the game UI itself, like in GT Sport for example. Looks like there isn't, which is a real shame given how good DC looks and how detailed photomode itself is.

@doblocruiser Yeah I'm aware of the Share button. My concern is I've read that pictures taken this way on the PS4 isn't giving the full resolution possible from the game itself due to compression on uploading to PSN. I'm just wondering if there is a button to take pics from the game UI itself, like in GT Sport for example. Looks like there isn't, which is a real shame given how good DC looks and how detailed photomode itself is.
Sorry but in dc you need to hide the ui and use the share button to take the picture it is what it is ;)

@LeGeNd-1 Maybe I understand wrong but if you hide UI in DRIVECLUB and take the shot with the share-button. The picture is stored on your PS4 and you are free to copy it on a USB without loss of quality. Why would you want to upload it to PSN?

No I understand the process of hiding the UI and then using the Share button to take a shot. I haven't actually tried this myself though - I was under the impression that the pictures then get uploaded to PSN and you have to download it from a website (and the upload process is where I though the compression and loss of quality comes in). I didn't know that you can just copy it directly from the PS4 to a USB stick and transfer it to PC that way. It's good - that means it's the same process as GT's photomode (which I've used many times).

I just had this recollection from a thread in GTP a while back comparing photomode results from different games - using the in game shutter button yields significantly higher picture quality than using the Share button "screenshot" feature.

Anyway, it is what it is. Just for convenience and familiarity I'd still prefer if DC has an in game shutter button, but if Share button works equally well then it's ok.

Back