Driveclub VR

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 30 comments
Since I hear people saying VR is almost unplayable at 30FPS, could we see the regular Driveclub boosted to 60FPS as well?

Dan
Since I hear people saying VR is almost unplayable at 30FPS, could we see the regular Driveclub boosted to 60FPS as well?

We could, with the expense of some of the graphical details. The VR version was at a 60fps, and I think it ran fine, last I heard. A little graphical sacrifrice should be fine.

We could, with the expense of some of the graphical details. The VR version was at a 60fps, and I think it ran fine, last I heard. A little graphical sacrifrice should be fine.
That demo probably ran without the 7th core enabled. So maybe, now that the 7th core is enabled, there will be no need for graphical sacrifices.

Unlocking the 7th core will certainly help the performance of future PlayStation 4 games, but to what extent? That's uncertain. It's totally possible you won't notice the graphical or performance differences. And it might take awhile until the differences are actually noticeable: It takes a long time to create, build and release a video game, so we might not see significant changes in quality until this time next year. But in general, this is good news for the makers and players of PlayStation 4 games. Everyone wants a smooth, beautiful game-playing experience, and this move certainly helps that cause.
source

Is anyone on here thinking of Buying this VR in October?, or will you be waiting until is all up and running. It says you need a camera as well to play, is this for the motion of you when driving or other games as I thought the controller/wheel was used.. I still have a bit of reading/research before placing my order as I have no camera on the top of my PS4 :sly:

Is anyone on here thinking of Buying this VR in October?, or will you be waiting until is all up and running. It says you need a camera as well to play, is this for the motion of you when driving or other games as I thought the controller/wheel was used.. I still have a bit of reading/research before placing my order as I have no camera on the top of my PS4 :sly:
I have pre-ordered this PSVR. The camera is used for head tracking. Precisely what is now missing with racing games like GT and DC: being able to look into corners and where your opponents are. I also expect that riding the bikes in helmet mode will feel much more natural.

That demo probably ran without the 7th core enabled. So maybe, now that the 7th core is enabled, there will be no need for graphical sacrifices.
The purpose of the core 7 unlock was to make the frame rates more stable, any performance increase is almost non existent, to get DC to run at 60 would require a significant hardware boost.

The purpose of the core 7 unlock was to make the frame rates more stable, any performance increase is almost non existent, to get DC to run at 60 would require a significant hardware boost.
I don't think so, Evo already got DC to run at 60fps at last Fall's VR demo, with just a limited decrease in image quality.

Yea because PSVR has an external processor for it
No, it is not used as an image processing unit. It is only used to upscale from 60 to 120 fps and to simultaneously output the image to a TV.

Hopefully, it would be an option instead of being mandatory. The game is beautiful, so I would run the high graphics in singleplayer, but go for better performance online.

Dan
...but go for better performance online.
Bad online performance is mostly due to other players' connection. I already have the impression that MP is a bit more simplified compared to SP.

I think all will want a vr of some
sort soon,
many big companies are putting alot of money into this. But is the game the same as i have now? I dont need a VR version? I dont mind the cost of hardware but hate to need to buy same games again.

I think all will want a vr of some
sort soon,
many big companies are putting alot of money into this. But is the game the same as i have now? I dont need a VR version? I dont mind the cost of hardware but hate to need to buy same games again.

I was thinking the same, I am hoping they release a patch to download so you can play VR or Driveclub on the menu like they have separated Cars & Bikes. I just seen on Twitter Rushy has pre-ordered his today.👍

The French guy ho tried Driveclub asked to the team if it will be in the original game, and the said no,it will be an independent game called "Driveclub VR" sooo...400€ for PS VR,60€ for the needed camera and 20-30€ for Driveclub VR???

Bye bye, I'll keep playing without VR:lol:

So all games will be in 2 verions? VR and non VR. Stores wont be happy...
Stores are already used to Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D versions of many titles - it is however going to get pretty confusing for any new players on the PS store.

So all games will be in 2 verions? VR and non VR. Stores wont be happy...
The French guy said it will be a complete independent game with no so much content called "Driveclub VR" but they don't now if original Driveclub owners will have a reduction on the price or something when buying the "Driveclub VR"...

The French guy said it will be a complete independent game with no so much content called "Driveclub VR" but they don't now if original Driveclub owners will have a reduction on the price or something when buying the "Driveclub VR"...

I don't care it's mine, wah ha haha

JP,the beautiful shores of Lake Shoji have been missing you!Have you had your Driveclub license taken off you for drink driving??

Back