DriveClub, worth it?PS4 

I bought it cheap about a year ago. I had lots of fun with it. Single player was a blast, and challenging enough to sink a lot of hours into. There's a heap of tracks and cars. DLC was good too. Visually it's beautiful (if you play in 4k the latest batch of racers are a big step up though). Time and weather cycles are great too. Online is mostly bumper cars. I suspect the active community is pretty small now, but I might be wrong. If realistic physics is what you're after, you would be better off getting something else.

I've literally just bought it - check your PSN, it was on sale on the UK store - and whilst I haven't played much of it, it's definitely a quality racing game.

I'm thinking about getting DriveClub. Is it worth it?

It's probably the best simcade racer on the PS4, & yes it's worth it as it's in the sale at the moment. Try the game, & if you like it buy the season pass which is on sale too.

👍

I'm thinking about getting DriveClub. Is it worth it? I already have Gran Turismo Sport.
No.
It was the game I got for free with my wheel and I just couldn't stand and sold it after 2 days. But to each his own.
If you like NFS-like games, sure get it; if you like realistic games, forget about it and about GTS and go get AC and PC2.

I wrote this article on my thoughts about 2 years ago and they still stand today.

For me, Driveclub is the definitive, polished racing experience on PlayStation 4. It's fun, packed with content and a joy to play.

It doesn't share much in common with Sport, so they can definitely live alongside each other.

It's a pretty massive game, especially with all of the add-ons created for it (most of which come with the season pass, which is also on offer.) It never feels like grinding if you choose to go for all the achievements and accolades available, as each time you re-do a race the dynamics make it different. Running the same tracks isn't a problem outside of the campaign because with such a range of dynamic weather, it's never the same (just go look at the massive photo mode thread here.)

Sure it's a semi-arcade but it is surprisingly fun, fast to load and great for a quick fix unless you want only sim games.

So I bought the game in September 14 and I really liked it. It's more fun than GT Sport, less boring than GT Sport, addicts and motivates me more than GT Sport. It has the best audiovisuals in a racing game and the best weather effects. The only con of this game is a difficulty, the game sometimes is frustrating, especially DLC content, cars might oversteer/slide while turning, especially on the wet track, but the game motivates/addicts me enough to keep me playing despite the difficulty. But Forza Horizon 4 seems to be easier, more fun and less frustrating game, and when I saw a video where someone tuned Volksvagen Golf to 400 km/h I really wished to get Xbox/better PC for Forza Horizon 4, to tune and collect hundreds of cars, to explore the map, to have less frustration etc

So I bought the game in September 14 and I really liked it. It's more fun than GT Sport, less boring than GT Sport, addicts and motivates me more than GT Sport. It has the best audiovisuals in a racing game and the best weather effects. The only con of this game is a difficulty, the game sometimes is frustrating, especially DLC content, cars might oversteer/slide while turning, especially on the wet track, but the game motivates/addicts me enough to keep me playing despite the difficulty. But Forza Horizon 4 seems to be easier, more fun and less frustrating game, and when I saw a video where someone tuned Volksvagen Golf to 400 km/h I really wished to get Xbox/better PC for Forza Horizon 4, to tune and collect hundreds of cars, to explore the map, to have less frustration etc
Yep, Driveclub is very much a full-on arcade racer that comes complete with insane difficulty. Venom Hot Lap I is arguably the hardest event in the entire game and I adore it because it sums up why I love the game so much. Nothing quite like drifting a Venom GT around a moody and rainy India circuit for lap after lap after lap.

Back