Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Merry Xmas All & Happy Holidays :cheers: to the Drive Club side of Forum :P

There is an option hidden away in the menus that allows you to change the sound from 'interior' (muffled cockpit) to 'exterior' (exhaust), I am not sure if you had this on/off. This makes a big difference if you are in cockpit for example as switching to exterior gives a nice loud sound and back fires etc.

It is very refreshing to hear positive comments on DC all this time in, if you have played most arcade/sim games the physics are a perfect balance for a quick blast on the DS4, the wheel is a touch harder as you spin out more but with practice gets better.👍

I didn't really have time to tinker around with the options. From what I've heard while in exterior view it does sound a better, but still doesn't quite have the same "roar" as games like Assetto or Automobilista. It's really not a game breaker, but when the rest of the game is that good you notice these things that are not quite right :P

Thanks for the tip though and I'll definitely keep it in mind when I get DC 👍

This is probably the nicest most civil sub forum part in history.

Most likely all the trolls and angry haters have left long time ago and are now setting their sights on whatever new game's in town.

I always love the more forgotten corners of GTP. For the longest time I used to only hang around in the GT1-2 forums. Then when GT5 dropped and I started venturing out...boy that was a culture shock :lol:

...I always love the more forgotten corners of GTP. For the longest time I used to only hang around in the GT1-2 forums. Then when GT5 dropped and I started venturing out...boy that was a culture shock :lol:
It was your good self that put me onto GTP and back then you suggested staying out of the edged food-fight that was the main (at the time) forum.

The would be trolls did turn up here but left very quickly, once it became apparent that they weren't going to get any back-up from the troll-support travelling army.

It was one of the biggest surprises when the large number of requests for a Skyline model and a GT-R35 weren't met with absolute derision: here, it's okay to like a GR-R34 or a GT-R35 :lol:

I didn't really have time to tinker around with the options. From what I've heard while in exterior view it does sound a better, but still doesn't quite have the same "roar" as games like Assetto or Automobilista. It's really not a game breaker, but when the rest of the game is that good you notice these things that are not quite right :P

Thanks for the tip though and I'll definitely keep it in mind when I get DC 👍

Most likely all the trolls and angry haters have left long time ago and are now setting their sights on whatever new game's in town.

I always love the more forgotten corners of GTP. For the longest time I used to only hang around in the GT1-2 forums. Then when GT5 dropped and I started venturing out...boy that was a culture shock :lol:

Well i spent time here and i can definitely say this is a way more calmer forum then the GTAForums

It's always a joy to drive this in DC, one of my favourite cars in the game, so it was a wonderful surprise to see this beautiful 488 in Bangkok today, parked outside the Gucci store..i wanted to caress and kiss it but don't think the owner would have approved :cheers::cheers:
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1824.PNG
IMG_1821.PNG

Good thing it wasn't me or I would have caressed and kissed it and the owner wouldn't have approved. :cheers::D

Haha, believe me..I was sorely tempted, I'm not a young kid anymore but it's always an absolute pleasure to see one of these beauties in real life, and although I'm sure others will disagree but I think it's one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made, I was completely smitten :bowdown:

Driveclub is being offered for $7.50 for PS+ players only. I thought that version was free, so is Sony offering the full edition for 7.50, or the watered down version?

From what I see it's the full version

Could you elaborate, I'm still not 100% convinced, and I don't want to waste my money. I remember the free version being pulled from the store a few months ago, but why would the free version be back now, and cost money too? I know the VR version is on sale now, but I assure you this is the non-VR edition.

Edit: wait, nevermind. I see @Matvex's comment.

Okay, so I try to go and access the main game's page from the search bar. I get this: it clearly costs 7.50 for a "full game"

IMG_1869.JPG

But then I go to the description and get this:

IMG_1870.JPG

It's the description for the free version that was pulled months ago and as far as I've heard through my research has never been reuploaded to the store.

So I can't find the page for the "full game" anymore because this is what comes up when I search for it. And why would the free version for ps+ users suddenly reappear and cost money, also wouldn't it be on a separate page from the $60 release. So far the only way I can tell what this is is by having someone actually buying it.

Can someone try loading this page on their PS Store to confirm?

Okay, so I try to go and access the main game's page from the search bar. I get this: it clearly costs 7.50 for a "full game"

View attachment 619758

But then I go to the description and get this:

View attachment 619759

It's the description for the free version that was pulled months ago and as far as I've heard through my research has never been reuploaded to the store.

So I can't find the page for the "full game" anymore because this is what comes up when I search for it. And why would the free version for ps+ users suddenly reappear and cost money, also wouldn't it be on a separate page from the $60 release. So far the only way I can tell what this is is by having someone actually buying it.

Can someone try loading this page on their PS Store to confirm?

Well here's the link to the full game for non ps plus members
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...re_EMEAR_Always_ON_Google&emcid=ps-we-5-89521

It has to be the full game on both because they have the same file size of 14.7GB

The PS+ version was free only for a few months @MrWaflz55 after which it was available for a reduced price before disappearing from the PS Store.

If it says full game on the page description, I'd go with that, as it'd be going against the trading laws if you got anything different.

EDIT: but as @Marc30599 's link suggests, the $20 version was released on the actual release date and that also states it's a full game...if still in doubt, call your local PS help line for clarification.

Also, if the cost is your worry, wait until there is another sale - they generally surface every so often at around $25 for the full game plus season pass which is a lot for such a small amount.

Last edited:
The PS+ version was free only for a few months @MrWaflz55 after which it was available for a reduced price before disappearing from the PS Store.

If it says full game on the page description, I'd go with that, as it'd be going against the trading laws if you got anything different.

EDIT: but as @Marc30599 's link suggests, the $20 version was released on the actual release date and that also states it's a full game...if still in doubt, call your local PS help line for clarification.

Also, if the cost is your worry, wait until there is another sale - they generally surface every so often at around $25 for the full game plus season pass which is a lot for such a small amount.

So I should buy it anyways and contact Customer Support if I don't get the full game?

@MrWaflz55 I have the disc version and just brought the UK equivalent for £11 and went for this version as I wanted it digital but the description is different https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...plus/cid=EP9000-CUSA00003_00-XXXXDRIVECLUBPSU (this is an offer for PS+ users only and this is the upgrade to Full game). As I already had Bikes & season Pass mine is currently installing 34gb game!

I just looked at the US store and you are right it is a little confusing as in the Extras they add in $19.99 for the full game? For such a low price I would try it if you have PS+ it looks like the Full game on special offer but they haven't changed the original description and I am sure I remember someone else buying this at a low price (but no DLC just the Vanilla game). You should be able to pick up lots of Free DLC from the store. Otherwise it will be a quick call/chat to PS+ helpdesk but I am sure if you have PS+ this is the version they offer for the full game.👍

Edit: I just tested and can confirm my game plays all tracks and cars I had with no disc in the drive now.

Last edited:
@MrWaflz55 I have the disc version and just brought the UK equivalent for £11 and went for this version as I wanted it digital but the description is different https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...plus/cid=EP9000-CUSA00003_00-XXXXDRIVECLUBPSU (this is an offer for PS+ users only and this is the upgrade to Full game). As I already had Bikes & season Pass mine is currently installing 34gb game!

I just looked at the US store and you are right it is a little confusing as in the Extras they add in $19.99 for the full game? For such a low price I would try it if you have PS+ it looks like the Full game on special offer but they haven't changed the original description and I am sure I remember someone else buying this at a low price (but no DLC just the Vanilla game). You should be able to pick up lots of Free DLC from the store. Otherwise it will be a quick call/chat to PS+ helpdesk but I am sure if you have PS+ this is the version they offer for the full game.👍

Edit: I just tested and can confirm my game plays all tracks and cars I had with no disc in the drive now.

I can confirm that the 7.50 version is the full version. I did some research on Reddit to make sure.

Back