Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
So Elite Level 43 is a Pay level :indiff: :boggled::rolleyes:
DRIVECLUB™_20170209095215.png

Ah well back to driving the P1 :)

There is its call $5.99 US dollars :lol::) Hopefully in the near future i can finish buying the rest of the DLC :)

You're buying the packs one by one? But the Driveclub season pass is one of a select few season passes that actually offer good value for money.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean you like the cars in the different packs.

You're buying the packs one by one? But the Driveclub season pass is one of a select few season passes that actually offer good value for money.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean you like the cars in the different packs.
I'm not really a SP person? I know that sounds weird, But i like buying my DLC one by one :) The Turbocharged Expansion Pack is the last DLC i need :)

Is anyone here on a club with all of the accolades at the maximum level? I received an invitation to join SPEED DRIVE BE, which is the fourth ranked club in the game. So even though I have always been on Team Mopar, which is ranked about 950th, this is a really tempting offer.
So I was wondering how much quicker would I earn XP on a club with max accolades versus staying on a club where I get a little over twice the XP per event with the club bonus?
View attachment 625223
I don't think so, or if there are they only drop into here once in a while. You will definitely earn XP at a far faster rate though.

Just looking at the club stats page and it seems to be 1% per level with a max of 10% per class, vehicle, location or event type etc. So it would appear that 10% is the maximum for each of the categories: of course, that may compound, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Anyone have a free slot in a club? Re-bought a ps4, so I'm replaying Driveclub again :D

You're welcome to join mine. It's level 60 or higher, and I try to keep it filled with drivers who are at least semi active. That is to say that drivers need to be active in Driveclub at least on a 2 month basis.

Send me a friend invitation, and I'll have a club invitation going your way tomorrow.

Haven't played this in a while. Have they fixed the issue where certain cars are locked if you're not in a club or if you can't connect to DC's servers? When the servers inevitably shut down, I don't want to lose those cars.

Dan
Haven't played this in a while. Have they fixed the issue where certain cars are locked if you're not in a club or if you can't connect to DC's servers? When the servers inevitably shut down, I don't want to lose those cars.
As far as I'm aware, no. These cars are still exclusive to club membership.

Dan
...Have they fixed the issue where certain cars are locked if you're not in a club or if you can't connect to DC's servers?
You make it sound like a coding error :lol:

Like @Brend says, the servers should be safe. The caretakers don't appear to do anything tweak-wise but as with GT5 when its servers went offline, I'm sure they'll free those cars.

Bad decision to make those cars Club exclusives. Exclusives = Bad decisions
Well, not so bad. All you have to do is create another account on your PS4 then add it to your friend list and have it join your club - earning all of the club exclusive cars will take only a few hours: bingo!

I have to second the notion that the club exclusivity was a bad idea form the start. There's no guarantee that it'll be changed once the servers go offline, and it screws over those who do not have an internet connection. I don't know if you need PS Plus to be in a club, but if you do, then that content is effectively locked behind an additional and recurring paywall.

I have to second the notion that the club exclusivity was a bad idea form the start. There's no guarantee that it'll be changed once the servers go offline, and it screws over those who do not have an internet connection. I don't know if you need PS Plus to be in a club, but if you do, then that content is effectively locked behind an additional and recurring paywall.
I've no idea about the PS+ sided. I don't have that myself but the main account on the machine does, so I am covered by default.

As to how bad the decision might be, like many perceived problems in the gaming industry, it'll only be a problem once it happens: until then, it's all just people guessing and making assumptions. Essentially, there is no spoon, until you need to bend it.

With regards to the no internet connection argument, whilst I'm not saying folks who have no connection can't play on the PS4 - it is a machine designed to operate with a connection and frankly, expecting to have the all the bells and whistles that come with the machine, but not have a connection is an odd stance to take.

Last edited:
With regards to the no internet connection argument, whilst I'm not saying folks who have no connection can't play on the PS4 - it is a machine designed to operate with a connection and frankly, expecting to have the all the bells and whistles that come with the machine, but not have a connection is an odd stance to take.

That is just plain bull. Offline users have just as much claim to the content as you and I, and should not be screwed out of content that is on the disc. The Xbox One was an example of what happens when companies take this online BS too far. Thankfully, people were vocal about just how awful it was back then, and MS were forced to change their approach.

The content is on the disc, so they paid for it, same as you and I. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to use it. The club lock on certain cars is entirely arbitrary.

You call it bull, I think it's just another example of over-entitlement in the gaming community.

No one is stopping players without a connection from enjoying the current gen, but they will miss out on the updates and certain features that the generation has to offer, features that the consoles were created for. It's not the console manufacturers' fault that they, as gamers don't have a connection.

Sure, it would be nice if updates could be loaded in another manner such as USB stick but I think the developers are wary of doing that for piracy reasons (DC's game updates are the whole game plus the new stuff.)

So, yeah people can play the current gen offline, as long as they accept it won't be the full experience.

Knowing history, Evolution Studios shut down MotorStorm: Pacific Rift's servers leaving all the online exclusive cars locked unless you've ticked all the requirements. Absolutely no patches were made to 'unlock' the online cars.

The case is more severe in MotorStorm: Apocalypse. If you have no internet connection, you're left with one vehicle per class since all the other vehicles are only unlockable via online multiplayer. Couldn't recall if the servers were still up by now.

Well, not so bad. All you have to do is create another account on your PS4 then add it to your friend list and have it join your club - earning all of the club exclusive cars will take only a few hours: bingo!
While the DriveClub servers are still up I guess, but without them the cars could stay locked and you got some good cars in there.

You call it bull, I think it's just another example of over-entitlement in the gaming community.

No one is stopping players without a connection from enjoying the current gen, but they will miss out on the updates and certain features that the generation has to offer, features that the consoles were created for. It's not the console manufacturers' fault that they, as gamers don't have a connection.

Sure, it would be nice if updates could be loaded in another manner such as USB stick but I think the developers are wary of doing that for piracy reasons (DC's game updates are the whole game plus the new stuff.)

So, yeah people can play the current gen offline, as long as they accept it won't be the full experience.

We're not talking about updates. We're talking about 5 cars that are on the disc and in the game. Consumers are entitled to what they have paid for, and they have paid for those 5 cars. Simple as that. It is no different than a developer locking the last mission in a single player game behind a paywall or other arbitrary nonsense.

It's another argument entirely, but developers should be expected to finish their games before release, not after. No wonder gaming is going down the drain when even consumers are giving them a free pass for being greedy and incompetent. Online gaming has sadly hurt gaming far more than it has benefitted it... The very notion that an online connection should be required to get the full experience of the base game (not talking about DLC) is not only absurd, it is insanely anti consumer.

We're not talking about updates. We're talking about 5 cars that are on the disc and in the game...
And I repeat, until Sony shut the servers and the XDev Team (or whomever it is caretaking DC) fail to unlock those cars, it's all just piss and vinegar on a forum, because nothing has actually happened yet that infringes your rights. It is called Driveclub because that is how the game was designed. You don't actually need to be in a club if you don't want and I suspect those cars were set up that way as a reward/incentive to do precisely that. It's not like they make it impossible to access the cars if you aren't in another's club - like I said earlier, there are simple ways around that.

It's another argument entirely, but developers should be expected to finish their games before release, not after. No wonder gaming is going down the drain when even consumers are giving them a free pass for being greedy and incompetent. Online gaming has sadly hurt gaming far more than it has benefitted it... The very notion that an online connection should be required to get the full experience of the base game (not talking about DLC) is not only absurd, it is insanely anti consumer.
By that comment, I'm guessing by that you don't work in software? Modern software coding is so incredibly complex and in part, is the reason why games take so long to nail down and get working the way the developers intended. Let me give a basic analogy: book publication is a fairly straightforward business, been going for a good few hundred years now. You'd have thought they'd have the typo-error situation sorted by now? No matter how many times a proof-reader, the editor and the author go over the galley proofs, typos crop up after printing. That's just a simple process that relies on a fallible human element. Now imagine the coding and multitude of considerations that developers need to sort out just to get it all working together. I mean, you've seen the distortions and glitches that can happen.

At the other end of the spectrum: NASA I'm sure don't intend to send people up in faulty rockets - but despite the massive investment of time and top rate people working to get the jobs done, accident have and will continue to happen.

I hope you will forgive me therefore if I don't take your argument above that seriously. I'm sure they'd like to have it bug free, but when things get that complex, it just isn't that simple.

While the DriveClub servers are still up I guess, but without them the cars could stay locked and you got some good cars in there.
Like I mentioned above, until that actually happens (it isn't clear either way) then it's all surmise. I prefer not to get wound up about something that isn't life threatening or only really a possibility. Until proven, it's all just words.

I don't think game design has really become harder, at least not relatively. The tools are no doubt a lot better than what they had to work with in the 80's and 90's, the industry collectively has a lot more experience, and they are no longer as limited by the hardware as they used to be. The expected quantity of content, and the quality of said content, has certainly gone up, which in turn requires more time. But the actual process of making this content isn't harder due to better tools and industry experience.

In terms of complexity, few franchises have done much innovation within the last 10-15 years. Call of Duty, for an example, plays the same way, with nearly none existent AI, and everything being heavily scripted. Bugs can and do happen, and that is to be expected, but you can't tell me that you've never played something where you've encountered a bug that is so obvious that it makes you think how it is possible that no one noticed it during playtesting? When I said that developers should be expected to release finished games, I didn't mean that no bugs or flaws were allowed. Some bugs are only produced under very specific circumstances, making it entirely possible that they elude the play testers. I'm more talking about obvious ones, or releasing a game before all the content is ready.

The consumer base has grown too, which should mean that the added time and cost required in producing a game should be offset.

If you're making a game that is centered around its online component, then you have one or more betas to test the net code before release. That is common sense.

Latest Posts

Back