Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 236 comments
hello

i would like to know what i should have to play gt7 on ps5 with a ts xw +wheel sparco p1000+ tclm

i need just drivehub or something else?

and is it works well?
If you're not using equipment that is native to GT7 you will have to use DriveHub or some other equivalent. I can only speak for the DriveHub since that is all I have used. For the PS5 you need to use a HORI mini ps4(wired) gamepad that connects to the Drivehub so your controller is not disconnected every 10 minutes. You can find the HORI mini gamepad on Amazon. Check the Drivehubnow.com website to see what wheel and pedal systems they support.

Last edited:
I just wanted to post here to make sure I wouldn't be investing in this incorrectly. I have a Logitech G923 but my shifter and handbrake are Fanatec. This works fine for PC, but I believe I'd need a Drivehub to use them all easily on PS5 unless I move into a Fanatec wheel/pedal set.

Ignoring the current issue of lag which appears to be an issue planned to be solved, I could use a G923 + Fanatec SQ + Fanatec CS through the Drivehub for GT7, correct? I've not played any racing game on console, and I already know setting stuff up on PC is clunky, so I'm curious if this stuff would work natively or if there'd be additional issues.
Sorry for "bumping" my post, but I'd like clarity here before I dive into buying the Drivehub. Will it work with a Logitech G923 + Fanatec Shifter + Fanatec Handbrake combo?

You should really visit the Drivehubnow.com website. They have a list of compatible equipment on their page. You can always send an email to tech support and ask.

New here and just had a question like others. My current setup is a TX Servo base (xboxone) with an F1 Ferrari wheel and T3PA PRO pedals. I have the Hori gamepad in my Amazon wishlist, but i noticed in a post of compatible pedals something about needing db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter aswell ? Even though my rig is already all hooked up and working on my pc. It's all wanting to be used on my ps5.
Just wondering if in general i should take the drivehub plunge as i'd love to play GT7 with my set up if possible, and if that adapter is actually needed ? Thanks all :)

Last edited:
Just coming to share my experience with a tx leather set + drivehub + hori mini:

It works well, however randomly some races feedback stop working and the next race/license test start working again, I think to be honest I felt a similar issue with the ps5 haptic feedback controller, anybody else has a similar issue/is a known bug?

Aside of that very good, just minor issues around the button mapping on the menus but nothing major :)

Running the new 2.08 Beta9 firmware on the drive hub. Much better. I lost my rear view button. What wheel does the Drivehub emulate on GT7 so I can go in and remap my rearview mirror?

I'm having issues getting the Drivehub to work. When I plug my G923 intro the hub, if I try to use it in GT7 at all, the game crashes. No accessories needed to cause this. All of the components I am using are said to be supported, so I wonder what's up, here.

I have tried both the latest firmware and the beta firmware. It crashes as soon as you get passed the Polyphony logo.

EDIT: Not using the Hori controller...fixed it? Putting the wheel in the controller slot and not the controller/wheel slot fixed the issue. How odd. Would anybody recommend a working USB hub so I can use more than one USB accessory? I can get the shifter to work, but I was expecting to get the shifter and handbrake to work together; this is designed out of the box to only take one at a time.

Last edited:
I'm having issues getting the Drivehub to work. When I plug my G923 intro the hub, if I try to use it in GT7 at all, the game crashes. No accessories needed to cause this. All of the components I am using are said to be supported, so I wonder what's up, here.

I have tried both the latest firmware and the beta firmware. It crashes as soon as you get passed the Polyphony logo.
Out of curiosity, why use a DriveHub if the 923 is supported by the PS5 / GT7 as-is?

EDIT: Not using the Hori controller...fixed it? Putting the wheel in the controller slot and not the controller/wheel slot fixed the issue. How odd. Would anybody recommend a working USB hub so I can use more than one USB accessory? I can get the shifter to work, but I was expecting to get the shifter and handbrake to work together; this is designed out of the box to only take one at a time.
Sounds like you're getting pretty close. The Drivehub is designed to make non-native wheels/bases/pedals work where their not suppose to. So there's almost always going to be compromises. If the wheelbase was native to the game you would just plug the pedals/Handbrake and shifter into the wheelbase and it would sort it all out. But in this case the Drivehub is doing that job for the components outside of the wheelbase. That being said I believe you will be limited to the expansion slots on the drivehub. I run a handbrake and it's functionality is still a little hit and miss on GT7, better on GTsport. But I would be interested to hear if you could use a usb expansion to force more components to work thru the drivehub.

Sounds like you're getting pretty close. The Drivehub is designed to make non-native wheels/bases/pedals work where their not suppose to. So there's almost always going to be compromises. If the wheelbase was native to the game you would just plug the pedals/Handbrake and shifter into the wheelbase and it would sort it all out. But in this case the Drivehub is doing that job for the components outside of the wheelbase. That being said I believe you will be limited to the expansion slots on the drivehub. I run a handbrake and it's functionality is still a little hit and miss on GT7, better on GTsport. But I would be interested to hear if you could use a usb expansion to force more components to work thru the drivehub.
I use a USB Hub, that connects to the Drivehub's accessory port. I have previously used a TH8A shifter and Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1 into the USB Hub in combination with a TS500RS/PS5/GT7.

I was wondering if it might be useful if the OP put the latest version of Drivehub in parentheses in the title of this thread. Such as (2.09beta). Just a thought.

Running the new 2.08 Beta9 firmware on the drive hub. Much better. I lost my rear view button. What wheel does the Drivehub emulate on GT7 so I can go in and remap my rearview mirror?
You may have found your answer already, but just before you go into a race go into your controller options and select binding. It'll show you what type of wheel base is currently being used.

I'm also running the latest beta 9 firmware. Does anyone know where I can find update notes on what got updated in each firmware version?

Just wanting to ask if anyone has a similar problem to me. Drivehub is working fine, but i've noticed in some races and cars that no matter how careful i am, the cars just slide off the track. I don't think it's my driving, as when i repeat the task on the same track and car with the controller, it handles without any problems or sliding

Just wanting to ask if anyone has a similar problem to me. Drivehub is working fine, but i've noticed in some races and cars that no matter how careful i am, the cars just slide off the track. I don't think it's my driving, as when i repeat the task on the same track and car with the controller, it handles without any problems or sliding
There can be real bad lag that happens. We're all waiting for this to be fixed or if it can be fixed because it wasn't this bad in Spurt.

Thanks for the reply Beezer, but it seems to occur at specific corners on tracks, not just random. Did you mean lag in general or more in mp ? I suffer these slides in mp and solo equally with my wheel :indiff:

Especially in corners. I've had the drivers arms completely stutter step while the car just goes off the track.
Mine seems to be more random. I don't use this online though. I have noticed that the more tuning a car has, the more it suffers from this stutter. It's weird.

Seems like the lines are going dead with drive hub support. When I emailed creative minds a few days back they said they would have the drive hub team respond & they had no real info on any headway or updates.....Would be nice if they could just do something to keep us updated in any way instead of in the dark and oh hey look a new firmeware that i did not know was released since they don't do email newsletters or anything of that nature. LOL frustrating!!!

Just got my Drive Hub today. Upgraded it to the latest firmware (2.07, IIRC -- not beta). Used it with GT7 on the PS5. Force feedback is present -- and my TH8A also works... but man, the FF is weaksauce compared to the PS4 version of the game. I tried 5 / 7 / 10 for the settings. On PS4, 10 was a workout. 7 was just right. I lowered it to 5 so my daughter could play. It felt like a dead fish on any of those settings with the Drive Hub. The good news is: I can now play the PS5 version with my 500 RS. The bad news is: it's more realistic on the PS4 version (no Drive Hub).

Just got my Drive Hub today. Upgraded it to the latest firmware (2.07, IIRC -- not beta). Used it with GT7 on the PS5. Force feedback is present -- and my TH8A also works... but man, the FF is weaksauce compared to the PS4 version of the game. I tried 5 / 7 / 10 for the settings. On PS4, 10 was a workout. 7 was just right. I lowered it to 5 so my daughter could play. It felt like a dead fish on any of those settings with the Drive Hub. The good news is: I can now play the PS5 version with my 500 RS. The bad news is: it's more realistic on the PS4 version (no Drive Hub).
2.07 doesn't have GT7 support as far as I'm aware. You need one of the beta versions, although I'm not sure which one is best for thrustmaster wheels, maybe someone else can answer. But on my fanatec wheel I had this same issue with 2.07 and the beta 8 version fixed it completely.

2.07 doesn't have GT7 support as far as I'm aware. You need one of the beta versions, although I'm not sure which one is best for thrustmaster wheels, maybe someone else can answer. But on my fanatec wheel I had this same issue with 2.07 and the beta 8 version fixed it completely.
How does one get the beta version? I didn’t see a place to get the beta version(s) via the update tool.

Back