Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 240 comments
Hey folks. I have g923 pc/xbox version, both the wheel and drivehub have the latest firmware, but my ps5 won't recognize it. The wheel calibrates, but the ps5 doesn't see it at all. Any ideas?

Hey folks. I have g923 pc/xbox version, both the wheel and drivehub have the latest firmware, but my ps5 won't recognize it. The wheel calibrates, but the ps5 doesn't see it at all. Any ideas?

HI guys,

Just want to ask, is there a way how to tell the GT7-game that my connected wheel is FANATEC and not Logitech (G29)?
I have CSW2.5 (based) + clubsport formulav2.5x ( PS compatible) + drivehub. Everything is working perfectly but the game ( GT7) still detects my connected wheel as G29 and not as FANATEC wheel.

Based on DRIVEHUB manual if you switch from FANALOGIC mode to FANATEC mode it should work.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/uploads/files/drivehub_user_manual_rc_2.0.0.pdf

The Drive Hub now offers three compatibility modes for Fanatec users. (FW 2.0.0 or above.)

Fanalogic Mode: By default the Drive Hub emulates Logitech racing wheel protocols on all Force Feedback
compatible racing games.

Fanatec Mode: In Fanatec Drive Hub supports native Fanatec protocols on Fanatec wheels only. To Toggle
between Fanatec or FanaLogic modes, simply press and hold the appropriate corresponding buttons on your
Steering Wheel (see Below). The LED display on your Fanatec Rim will display the letter “F” for Fanatec or the
letters “L” for Fanalogic mode to verify your selection.

Direct drive. Sony initially allowed game developers to dictate compatibility in their PlayStation 4 racing games, a
privilege that was rescinded in 2016 fragmenting Fanatec wheel support. The Drive Hub restores this compatibility
for newer Fanatec wheels with the added benefit of using the accessory port when cross branding Shifters and
pedal sets. To use the Direct Drive mode simply plug your wheel into the Controller port on the Drive Hub and
then Plug the Drive Hub into the console with the included micro USB Cable . No Authentication controller is
required.

Is here someone who sees in GT7 (game menu) , under menu "wheel settings" Fanataec and not Logitech?
I still see there LOGITECH event if I am in FANATEC mode ( big F appears during to booting up the wheel).

Thank you.

Last edited:
HI guys,

Just want to ask, is there a way how to tell the GT7-game that my connected wheel is FANATEC and not Logitech (G29)?
I have CSW2.5 (based) + clubsport formulav2.5x ( PS compatible) + drivehub. Everything is working perfectly but the game ( GT7) still detects my connected wheel as G29 and not as FANATEC wheel.

Based on DRIVEHUB manual if you switch from FANALOGIC mode to FANATEC mode it should work.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/uploads/files/drivehub_user_manual_rc_2.0.0.pdf

The Drive Hub now offers three compatibility modes for Fanatec users. (FW 2.0.0 or above.)

Fanalogic Mode: By default the Drive Hub emulates Logitech racing wheel protocols on all Force Feedback
compatible racing games.

Fanatec Mode: In Fanatec Drive Hub supports native Fanatec protocols on Fanatec wheels only. To Toggle
between Fanatec or FanaLogic modes, simply press and hold the appropriate corresponding buttons on your
Steering Wheel (see Below). The LED display on your Fanatec Rim will display the letter “F” for Fanatec or the
letters “L” for Fanalogic mode to verify your selection.

Direct drive. Sony initially allowed game developers to dictate compatibility in their PlayStation 4 racing games, a
privilege that was rescinded in 2016 fragmenting Fanatec wheel support. The Drive Hub restores this compatibility
for newer Fanatec wheels with the added benefit of using the accessory port when cross branding Shifters and
pedal sets. To use the Direct Drive mode simply plug your wheel into the Controller port on the Drive Hub and
then Plug the Drive Hub into the console with the included micro USB Cable . No Authentication controller is
required.

Is here someone who sees in GT7 (game menu) , under menu "wheel settings" Fanataec and not Logitech?
I still see there LOGITECH event if I am in FANATEC mode ( big F appears during to booting up the wheel).

Thank you.
Works for me. Got a CSL DD that is identified as a GT DD Pro. You need to hold the start and select buttons for 3 seconds and you’ll notice the Drivehub changing modes and the PS5 disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel.

I’m on the latest beta firmware as well, not sure if it works the same for earlier firmwares.

Last edited:
Works for me. Got a CSL DD that is identified as a GT DD Pro. You need to hold the start and select buttons for 3 seconds and you’ll notice the Drivehub changing modes and the PS5 disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel.

I’m on the latest beta firmware as well, not sure if it works the same for earlier firmwares.
HI mate, thank for advice. Your trick really works, I must entered to the FANATEC CSL DD menu and there change mode from Fanalogic to FANATEC !!
Thank you.

I have one interesting update/observation

when I tried it with the esl-elite-steering-wheel-wrc, I had the problem that the mouse/mouse cursor kept moving by itself, automatically moving to the upper right corner. It was not possible to control the game menu very much, and when I "somehow" run the race, my view was not through the front window to the front, but to the side through the right window, and it could not be changed. Unplayable.

Then I tried other wheel clubsport-steering-wheel-formula-v2.5-x and there is no issue.

Here is video which demonstrate the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dxuEAb1bVskb9n8U9

Anyway, thanks for help!

Last edited:

HI mate, thanks for advice. Your trick really works, I must entered to the FANATEC CSL DD menu and there change mode from Fanalogic to FANATEC !!
Thank you.

I have one interesting update/observation

when I tried your trick with the esl-elite-steering-wheel-wrc, I had the problem that the mouse/mouse cursor kept moving by itself, automatically moving to the upper right corner. It was not possible to control the game menu very much, and when I "somehow" run the race, my view was not through the front window to the front, but to the side through the right window, and it could not be changed. Unplayable.

Then I tried other wheel clubsport-steering-wheel-formula-v2.5-x and there is no issue.

Here is video which demonstrate the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dxuEAb1bVskb9n8U9

Anyway, thanks for help!

Last edited:
My experience , I got the PS5 yesterday, I have the Thrustmaster TGTII Wheel and Fanatec CSL Elite pedals then working with the Drive hub.
…all work with PS5…and I did nothing, no drive hub firmware update, no need to use the hori controller…that I already bought😄

Probably that is necessary only for the contrary, Fanatec wheel and other pedals..

PS4/5 addons must be licensed with a chip. Hori provides the PS compatability for wheels whcih don’t have it like older fanatec wheelbases. Since the TGTII is PS5 supported, no Hori controller needed. the other uses are for mixing and matching pedals, shifters

Currently use a T300RS, Heusinkveld Sprints, Aiologs shifter and handbrake, along with a drivehub on PS5 for GT7 and PSVR2. Can anyone confirm if I swapped out my T300 RS for this G Pro wheel (Playstation version) that the pedals, shifter, handbrake will all still be compatible??? I can't see why not as I'd have thought the wheelbase would just act as a pass through in/out of the drivehub , same as my T300 RS. Don't want the hassle of buying it to find out it won't!! Just want to make sure it will work natively with the Trueforce etc.

For reference, if anyone wants a H pattern shifter, I have just bought the VNM V1 shifter and I can confirm it works with a drivehub on PS5. Using it in GT7 and it works well and it's built like a tank, no complaints!

I'm about to jump on the PS5 wagon soon and just want to clarify, is this the right Hori controller to use with the Drivehub?

It's called Hori Wired Mini Gamepad or Hori Horipad Mini.
thickbox7f51a47f6.jpg

For information I have the drive hub, it worked very well with Thrustmaster T300RS Wheel and Fanatec csl elite, but not with TGTII I was losing very’often the FFB, I have tried several firmware but I had the same problem…then I had to buy Thrustmaster pedals …

Hi sorry to jump on the post, can anybody help, we have the xbox version of thrustmaster tmx and using the drive hub to work with ps5. All worked fine, had away for a few months and now it starts disconnecting after 5 10min (we have the hori mini pad plugged into drivehub to bypass licencing) I have plugged wheel and drivehub in to pc to update the drivers and firmware, on both they had neweer versions, I was previously on version 08 for the drivehub now we are on 9.0 since the update the wheel works fine on f1, but gt7 we can't get the pedals to now work and the wheel keeps cutting out. Any suggestions? Anyone know which version on drivehub works best.

guys please help me.

i cant get it working on my ps5

csw 2.5 and the mclaren gt3 v1 wheel

what am i missing????????????

do i really need a hori controller? why wont it work if so with the ps5 controller?

Last edited:
What's the latest with Drive Hub? Does it still work with GT7 on PS5? If so, does it still suffer from the above posters' issue about the wheel disconnecting every 10 minutes or so?

Hi...sorry to be so late on this thread. I have the CSL DD and I am looking to get the Drivehub. Could you tell where exactly is the Start and Select buttons you are referring to?

Anyone else’s drivehub suddenly not recognizing wheels as anything other than Logitech?

Last edited:
hi, do i still need a third party wired controller to use the drive hub on a ps5? even if i change the option to use USB connection with the dualsense when plugged in.

Back