Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 240 comments
hi, do i still need a third party wired controller to use the drive hub on a ps5? even if i change the option to use USB connection with the dualsense when plugged in.
yes, you still need a licensed 3rd party controller (Hori). the DS4/5 gamepad will not work as the wired passthru on the Drive Hub controller port.

yes, you still need a licensed 3rd party controller (Hori). the DS4/5 gamepad will not work as the wired passthru on the Drive Hub controller port.
Thank you for the reply! I’m quite new to the PS ecosystem, will the Hori controller support audio pass through? I plug my headset into the 3.5mm jack on the dual sense.

Hi...sorry to be so late on this thread. I have the CSL DD and I am looking to get the Drivehub. Could you tell where exactly is the Start and Select buttons you are referring to?
the start and select buttons vary based on which wheel you have attached to the base, which the quick guide on fanatec’s website will have the default button mappings

see example from the CS RS manual

Attachments

• IMG_8174.jpeg
    IMG_8174.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 47
Thank you for the reply! I’m quite new to the PS ecosystem, will the Hori controller support audio pass through? I plug my headset into the 3.5mm jack on the dual sense.
there’s no audio pass thru on the hori mini that i’m aware of, you could still use your DS for audio iirc. i’ll test it next time i play GT7

For reference, if anyone wants a H pattern shifter, I have just bought the VNM V1 shifter and I can confirm it works with a drivehub on PS5. Using it in GT7 and it works well and it's built like a tank, no complaints!
Sorry i know this is old post but what wheel did you use with your drivehub?

Sounds like you're getting pretty close. The Drivehub is designed to make non-native wheels/bases/pedals work where their not suppose to. So there's almost always going to be compromises. If the wheelbase was native to the game you would just plug the pedals/Handbrake and shifter into the wheelbase and it would sort it all out. But in this case the Drivehub is doing that job for the components outside of the wheelbase. That being said I believe you will be limited to the expansion slots on the drivehub. I run a handbrake and it's functionality is still a little hit and miss on GT7, better on GTsport. But I would be interested to hear if you could use a usb expansion to force more components to work thru the drivehub.

Which handbrake do you use? Ibwould like to use a generic one from amazon.

HI mate, thanks for advice. Your trick really works, I must entered to the FANATEC CSL DD menu and there change mode from Fanalogic to FANATEC !!
Thank you.

I have one interesting update/observation

when I tried your trick with the esl-elite-steering-wheel-wrc, I had the problem that the mouse/mouse cursor kept moving by itself, automatically moving to the upper right corner. It was not possible to control the game menu very much, and when I "somehow" run the race, my view was not through the front window to the front, but to the side through the right window, and it could not be changed. Unplayable.

Then I tried other wheel clubsport-steering-wheel-formula-v2.5-x and there is no issue.

Here is video which demonstrate the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dxuEAb1bVskb9n8U9

Anyway, thanks for help!
I just purchased the WRC wheel and had the exact same problem with the cursor and the view only showing the right hand side. This was on tinware 2.1.1 and I also tried 2.1.2 beta 3 and 2.0.9.

Other rims are fine just the WRC rim has this issue and it’s not the rim it’s deffo drivehub.

Rolling back to firmware 2.0.8 fixed the problem so I am using that hopefully drivehub can fix it in their next firmware

Anyone know if you can run pedals thru the drivehub while using a csl dd. Basically 2 seperate usb inputs for pedals & wheel? I want to run sigma cortex for the simagic wheel & use drivehub just for the pedals.
Anyone got 2 seperate inputs to work for ffb & pedals?

My experience , I got the PS5 yesterday, I have the Thrustmaster TGTII Wheel and Fanatec CSL Elite pedals then working with the Drive hub.
…all work with PS5…and I did nothing, no drive hub firmware update, no need to use the hori controller…that I already bought😄

Probably that is necessary only for the contrary, Fanatec wheel and other pedals..
So youre using the tgt2 plugged into the console or the drivehub?

Anyone know if you can run pedals thru the drivehub while using a csl dd. Basically 2 seperate usb inputs for pedals & wheel? I want to run sigma cortex for the simagic wheel & use drivehub just for the pedals.
Anyone got 2 seperate inputs to work for ffb & pedals?
Yes you can, just make sure the pedal you want are on the compatiblity list

Yes you can, just make sure the pedal you want are on the compatiblity list
Thank you very much for replying. The pedals I have are not officially supported but I use GIMX method to run the pedals fanatec shifter & my old moza wheel.
Now I wanted to run the pedals & H Shifter with DriveHub & Sigma Cortex plugged into the Drivehub as well ideally. The Sigma Cortex emulates a GT DD Pro so it should emulate that thru DriveHub into GT7?
Is it possible to plug in the Sigma Cortex into the DriveHub, since the Cortex is emulating the GT DD Pro?

Any way you could link the patch notes for the new beta firmwares ? Anything related to GT7? What is the recommended firmware for GT7 & DD Pro ?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for replying. The pedals I have are not officially supported but I use GIMX method to run the pedals fanatec shifter & my old moza wheel.
Now I wanted to run the pedals & H Shifter with DriveHub & Sigma Cortex plugged into the Drivehub as well ideally. The Sigma Cortex emulates a GT DD Pro so it should emulate that thru DriveHub into GT7?
Is it possible to plug in the Sigma Cortex into the DriveHub, since the Cortex is emulating the GT DD Pro?

Any way you could link the patch notes for the new beta firmwares ? Anything related to GT7? What is the recommended firmware for GT7 & DD Pro ?

Thank you in advance.
I don’t have any experience of the sigma cortex, so I can’t say yes or no.

I don’t have any experience of the sigma cortex, so I can’t say yes or no.
I understand, thank you for your answer. Is there any reason why the DriveHub cannot let you select to emulate the GT DD Pro since some people use GIMX+ DriveHub method for their direct drives?
Do you know the recommended firmware for driveuhub & GT7 at the moment?
Is there any way you could share patch notes in regards to GT7 ?

Thank you.

I understand, thank you for your answer. Is there any reason why the DriveHub cannot let you select to emulate the GT DD Pro since some people use GIMX+ DriveHub method for their direct drives?
Do you know the recommended firmware for driveuhub & GT7 at the moment?
Is there any way you could share patch notes in regards to GT7 ?

Thank you.
We don’t share patch notes for beta releases, as they are often untested internally and would rely on feedback to confirm fixes, there is notes for full releases.
I would always recommend the latest release.
I have no idea if the it will work, sounds plausible but I don’t like the idea chaining devices like that..

We don’t share patch notes for beta releases, as they are often untested internally and would rely on feedback to confirm fixes, there is notes for full releases.
I would always recommend the latest release.
I have no idea if the it will work, sounds plausible but I don’t like the idea chaining devices like that..
Do you know where I could find the notes for the full releases?

Also thank you for your input, I will test is out & update you in regards to it. Someone said they've tried it but without the Simagic steering wheel, just the wheelbase. They said everything works but the Sigma adapter is inputting 100% throttle signal when plugged into the DriveHub.

GT6 on PS3 with a Logitech G Pro?

If I'm satisfied that this is confirmed, my only worry is the update software, which won't run on my 2011 and 2012 Macs.

Really keen to get a DH but have to be sure about this stuff first...

GT6 on PS3 with a Logitech G Pro?

If I'm satisfied that this is confirmed, my only worry is the update software, which won't run on my 2011 and 2012 Macs.

Really keen to get a DH but have to be sure about this stuff first...
You could always go to a friends or family members computer and upgrade it.

Its not like they update it every week and even if they did, once you get it working and is happy you could just leave it as it is.

Well yeah, obviously mate, but in my case no or I'd not have asked. Long horrible story but I don't have access to Windows machines.

Its not like they update it every week and even if they did, once you get it working and is happy you could just leave it as it is.
That's what I've been hoping for and meaning to ask about mate. Great news!

I'm a set-and-forget kinda guy so that would suit me perfectly. Thank you!

Last edited:
I get FFB on curbing with the T500/GT7/PS5. However when compared to playing the PS4 version, the FFB on curbing is stronger.

I think the T500/GT7/PS5 with the drivehub produces some artificial FFB that doesn't exist, for example when taking corners sharply there is some type of grinding noise.
I get the grinding with my T500 too. Just set everything up tonight.

However, the worse problem is loss of FFB when doing licence tests. First attempt it will be there, second attempt nothing, third attempt back again.

Anyone know a fix?

Back