Drivers Of The Week: *Voting resumes*

Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
MLD_DriftMonkey
Every week we feature a new driver who has either been killing it in sessions or just plain old word of mouth. The voting cycle for this begins on the Saturday of every week (ie: a driver's performance is taken into consideration from Saturday to Saturday). Think of this as a weekly magazine poll.

How we decide:
Every Sunday I will change the title of the thread to a new driver (eg; Driver Of The Week: *PSN ID*). This is based on discussions about who people think has been on top of their game lately.

How to vote:
If you want to suggest someone for Driver Of The Week (DOTW), type his or her name in a reply to this thread stating who and why. I will consolidate votes every Friday then use the weekend to gather enough information on the driver to get an interview.

Votes are submitted via post reply. It should read,"My DOTW: *PSN ID*" or anything close.

Rules:
- The person you're suggesting has to be easy to contact via GTP or PSN.
- People who are only online once in a blue moon will not be able to make DOTW.
- You don't have to know them personally.
- No player bashing allowed
- You must have a reason to suggest someone (eg: consistent, gets nice angle, utilizes the walls a lot etc)

The Interview
I will attempt to get in touch with the person who's name shows up the most on this thread, I'll ask him or her a few questions (I expect at least a paragraph long answer) which are not easy to answer questions. It could be along the lines of tuning, favourite track and why, what makes your style different and more questions based on the driver. The interviews will always start with, "Who are you?" and always finish "why do you love drifting". All questions in between are specific to the driver.

The Video
Still a work in progress but I will also like to feature a solo video for the driver.

I'll also be building a profile on each driver and it will be archived for people to see past winners.

The thread is open to ideas and discussion.

Last edited:
Interview Archive

DOTW:
RSM-Spank
Team: Redsuns Mafia
Video:

What got you into drifting?

I attended my first Formula Drift event back in 2005 at Irwindale. I loved the atmosphere and the skill it takes to do it. Then when I got my first RWD car when I was 17, I attended local track days and use to do autocross. Then the local scene made track days where we could drift. I entered my, at the time, 95 Miata into it. I learned a lot that day and just fell in love with the adrenaline it took to do that kind of driving. After that car was totaled in an accident I purchases a 95 Zenki S14 with a Redtop SR20 swap. It wasn't much but stock but it was a blast to drive. Although I never attended local drift events with it, I would go out with my friends and drift behind stores or local deserted streets. So you could say drifting was just in my blood before I could even drive.

What's your dream drift build?
Well currently I have a FC3S Im building with a 5.0 Mustang swap. But is this my dream build? No. I actually would love to have my S14 back, although many own and swap LS into them I would love a RB swap it.

Who's your favourite real life drifter and why?
Well its hard to say. Personality wise, I would have to say Corey Hosford. He is an all around cool guy and is one of our local bread drifters who made it into the Pro's a couple years ago. But driver wise, Chelsea Denofa. Chelsea is an amazing driver and although his car took him out most of the time last season, he is a force to be reckoned with. He has the skill and the car to take him to the top. He loves going all out even if it meant he could crash and take himself out!

As a veteran GT drifter how has the drifting community on Gt changed since gt5 came out?
Well I started drifting on GT5 back in 2011. Being an owner of a team and now Co-Leader of RedSuns Mafia. I would say the teams although appearing quick are appearing with people with not only skill but the personality to make them stand out more. As I was saying earlier in VDC qualifying, back when MCR came into the picture, nobody knew who they were. Then BAM, they were showing up to every event, not only showing up but taking win after win, podium after podium! Drifting scene on GT has become a game changer and most of these noobies and making us veterans looking like beginners. :)

What's the best part of the GT drifting community?
Hmm, well I think sometimes we have our drama moments. But when we call get back on the track and tandem with each other, we just forget about all that stuff. We appreciate one another and trust each other to know what we are doing, rather than joining a random online lobby.

What's your most memorable moment on GT?
Man you're asking someone with the worst memory. I would have to say when Drop5 was still around. I made the team kinda thinking it wasn't going to be anything. But then after most of the members joined, we became an ever lasting family. Even though the team split up, a couple followed me over to RSM. Sounds kind of corny but hey! Family is important!

__________________________________________________________________________________

DOTW: Xx_-Push-_xX
Team: Team Nemesis
Video:

I got in to racing at a young age and in Hawaii we race on the freeways, but after a childish mistake that totaled my moms accord. I was sitting at home when a friend came over to show me some racing video on VHS. It was a OPTION video from his trip back home to japan.
At the end of the video showed a team of young drivers drifting in a line and i was amazed and tried it the very next day...a few months later i saw the drift bible when it was originally released in japan.
I started drifting at a community college when it would rain and then our local mountain pass called Tantlus in the rain since I was broke and no I would drift anything,a car,truck and even a stationwagon. That was in 1996 and i was 16yrs old. i have raced on and off the track ever since then from SCCA, autocross, rally to street grudge matches and tandem touge runs.

My dream build would have to be a decatted Mercedes S65 AMG...big body 4door...or a R33 4door with a supercharged titan v8.

My favorite drifter is and always be The Drift king himself, he showed us the pure untainted world of drifting and we loved it. He always having fun and was such a insperation to me and my views of drifting. From the first days of drift competitions to the D1GP, HotVersion, Best Motoring and many more he showed us his great adaptability. And he did all that without increasing steering lock. Ahhh the truth hurts...lol

What do you like or hate the most about the gtp drifting community?
Wow what I hate or like about our Drift community huh.....I really like the competitive nature of some of these up and comming drifters, and as Spank said they are getting better than we are.lol.
GTPlanet was a guide for me when I first got on GT5 and it showed me a vast new world of virtual drifters and I found a bunch of drivers that have help me improve my knowledge and skills while drifting in groups as well as tuning theories. So in all I like that others can recieve different advice from others that are willing to truly help.

What are the things you strive for in terms of drifting?
The thing I strive for in drifting is COMPLETE ADAPTABILITY. To be able to use the same car in any condition and situation without having to change my tune. If we are going for angle or speed i can change the pace without changing nthe flow. Im respectfully aggressive when I drive anyway so now it being able to do it all anytime all the time.

What advice can you give to a Gt newbie when it comes to drifting?
My best advice would be to have patience and really focus on the name you have going for yourself. Earn your respect by learning the old ways and practice Track Etiquette while drift or even racing.

__________________________________________________________________________________

DOTW: tpkmxn
Team: teams are too much effort
Video:

I've all ways liked cars ever since I was small. Then I started getting into Japanese probably because of the GT games haha, I'm pretty chill dude and I just found drifting the motorsport I most enjoyed to do out of my own bank account. Definitely also love the style and function aspect of drift.

Currently daily a Nissan Silvia sr blacktop, 2way, coils, etc. (profile pic), its pretty good fun just built it up to be a cool street/track car. Before that I built KE70 did a 4AGE swap and all that jazz. As for a "Dream build" it would be a gen 2 Viper purely because they look and sound sweeet because really they're the only things that matter in a drift car. As for my most likely next car it will probably be a jzx81 as I do love Toyota sedans

Matt Powers in FD but he's leaving for a while. He seems like a down to earth dude and puts out relaxed vibes which more drivers in the US need to learn. Favourite Japanese driver is probably Ken Nomura because he rips and just always has a good time

As a veteran GT drifter how has the drifting community on Gt changed since gt5 came out?
Woah a veteran, Less people kick me out of lobbies for being in a Viper now haha.
Their is way more dudes that can drive well now, used to take forever to find a decent lobby but not so much now. Mainly just the driving style changes of everyone with the change from GT5 to 6 and how they adapted

What's the best part of the GT drifting community?
That most people realise its a game and the only reason to play is for fun. Unlike most of the race and drag guys that seem to have these weird internet fights, Although it still does happen.

What's your most memorable moment on GT?
Just all the times people pay me out for my car choice and then I go out of my way to sit on their door for whole lap and then say "yeah I am pretty noob". Also some of the good session JDMT and other groups run, shout out to you dudes!

DOTW: MLD_Conscience
Team: Major League Motorsports
Video:

Japan. Such Dori-Dori. Many mountains. W0W.

Wisefab RB30 1000HP 370z.

Honestly, i can't answer that question. I just enjoy epic runs and give credit where it's due.
What do you think about all these new teams coming into the GTP scene?
Some good, some bad. Can't say much really. I like to stick to the usuals.
What is something about the drifting community that you think we should work on?
We shouldn't have to work until f:censored:king PD finally realizes they're beginning to lose to Forza.
In a tandem, what is your main objective when leading and when following?
You tryna learn my secrets homie?!

Last edited:
This seems a little strange to me but good luck with it.

I remember something like this in another game when I was part of a large group of people (100+), it was called "member of the month", and it led to a lot of favoritism/jealousy.

I'll be interested to see if you can keep up with it on a weekly basis.

👍

This seems a little strange to me but good luck with it.

I remember something like this in another game when I was part of a large group of people (100+), it was called "member of the month", and it led to a lot of favoritism/jealousy.

I'll be interested to see if you can keep up with it on a weekly basis.

👍
That's why I didn't make it a poll. You need to be able to say exactly why you think the driver deserves it. The more people that participate in the driver suggestions the better.

This sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder if I'll be able to be DOTW. Though I have one question will a driver be able to be DOTW on back to back weeks?

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder if I'll be able to be DOTW. Though I have one question will a driver be able to be DOTW on back to back weeks?
Not consecutively. But it is possible for drivers to be featured multiple times. As I said before, the more people we get who participate, the less likely we will have biased and unfair voting. Participation only takes a vote.

I love the idea of this! 👍 I'll put up my submission soon as I get home from work *want to get the spelling right* :lol:

**edit* My submission for DOTW: pjaff123
Various reasons mostly because he is really fun to tandem with.

Last edited:
Just lastnight, i was thinking of how good an idea like this would be if it is run properly, good to see somebody else was thinking the same thing !
Hope this goes well, it could be a really good idea, especially if you feature some not so 'known' drifters, get some names out there that deserve some decent teams! 👍 Good Luck

Sounds awesome, do the people nominated have to be members of GTP or can it be anyone on PSN?
It can be anyone on PSN.
So, do we PM you or is it a public post on this thread? I know who i want to vote for!
You post in the thread,
like so, "My DOTW: *PSN ID*", or anything like that will do fine.

Voting will be open on Saturday.

Hell this vote could've gone to any of the recent drifters I've been tandeming with, but e_dub64 gets my vote cause we been drifting since GT5 on and off but since he cranked it up GT6 he been killing them runs when I'm around haha.

Hmmm, I'd have more choices If i actually left my lounges. My vote goes to MCR-Greazy simply because we've been rivals since GT5. Always consistent and is always on your door.

Back