(DRRTES) DRR's Team Endurance Series: Powered by MWMOpen 

• Thread starter Sinyster
  • 928 comments
@damonc84 I would like to apologize for the judgement on the black flag, but everyone, including myself, was reporting heavy lag from your side. While I understand that to your eyes, everyone else was lagging, it does create a hazard to all who are driving along with you, as you had already taken out one driver on lap one. I would like to suggest next time to check the integrity of your connection, as well as clearing any and all caches on your playstation and game, to ensure the best possible connectivity to everyone else 👍

Again, sorry that this happened but I am glad that you handled it as well as you did :)

@damonc84 I would like to apologize for the judgement on the black flag, but everyone, including myself, was reporting heavy lag from your side. While I understand that to your eyes, everyone else was lagging, it does create a hazard to all who are driving along with you, as you had already taken out one driver on lap one. I would like to suggest next time to check the integrity of your connection, as well as clearing any and all caches on your playstation and game, to ensure the best possible connectivity to everyone else 👍

Again, sorry that this happened but I am glad that you handled it as well as you did :)

Clear my cache before every room i enter and my NAT is type 2 with high bandwidth. Do not understand where the problem lies but it very unfair to shun me for that. considering how many rooms on psn run with lagg on a regular basis at any given time.

@damonc84

I have to stress that these events are usually a bit more involved than what you saw today and what you'd likely find in other lobbies where lag is a regular occurence. Maybe the black flag was a hasty sanction, but I hope you understand that the lag really was bad today...

I was alongside you in the corkscrew and you appeared to go off then suddenly warped back next to me and I got shotgunned off! I honestly found it hilarious, so I'm not that fussed by it really, and today's events were fun runs with a lot of banter going on in the Skype Call whilst the magic was happening on track.

One problem could be latency, so check your internet's ping rate before AND during your entry to the lobby for the next one.

@damonc84

I have to stress that these events are usually a bit more involved than what you saw today and what you'd likely find in other lobbies where lag is a regular occurence. Maybe the black flag was a hasty sanction, but I hope you understand that the lag really was bad today...

I was alongside you in the corkscrew and you appeared to go off then suddenly warped back next to me and I got shotgunned off! I honestly found it hilarious, so I'm not that fussed by it really, and today's events were fun runs with a lot of banter going on in the Skype Call whilst the magic was happening on track.

One problem could be latency, so check your internet's ping rate before AND during your entry to the lobby for the next one.

Did that, 13.5mbps dl 1.9mbps ul. Max of what my internet service is giving me. What ever that lagg is coming it is out of my control because I do and did everything I could find via on google and on this forum and nothing has fixed it.

Sorry for the pissyness, I just want to race, and being told you can't because of something you can't control if very disappointing and disheartening

Did that, 13.5mbps dl 1.9mbps ul. Max of what my internet service is giving me. What ever that lagg is coming it is out of my control because I do and did everything I could find via on google and on this forum and nothing has fixed it.

Sorry for the pissyness, I just want to race, and being told you can't because of something you can't control if very disappointing and disheartening
Bandwith has nothing to do with stabillity though. You can have 1gb up amd down and still get a high ping. Try puting the ps in a dmz on your router. Or try switching cable/glass/adsl etc.

Now someone can expand or correct me on this, but latency and ping rate is the reaction time between sent and received data. My internet has 7mbps download and 1.3 mbps upload as it's peak but a ping rate of 50 ms, not fantastic but low enough to be fine. Anything higher than that, regardless of connection speeds, will cause noticeable lag ranging in severity.

You can check where your bottleneck is by opening your command prompt (cmd) from windows and typing tracert 8.8.8.8. This will trace a networkpacket to the dns servers of google. You'll get an summary about the ms delay of each leg of the journey to there. Normaly 192.168.1.1 is your router the one after that is your provider beyond that thats the "real" web. So of the first part is slowest that will be the wiring in your home / router / entrypoin to your home. If the second part is slowest is something your isp can investigate if its beyond that youre probably screwed. Please note that if the tracert goes across the atlantic this wil always increase the ping a bit.

OK. Now that we have had our refreshing "Fun Event" with the awesome Mazda Roadster Cup cars around the Mazda owned and sponsored Laguna Seca, we know move forward to the DRR TES event of the Rolex 24h @ Daytona !!!

This event will be held on the dates of February 18-19th, which gives everyone 5 weeks to mentally prepare and work out their schedules to participate. With our selected teams of drivers working on fixing up a working BoP, we expect to have that data out to the public with a week / week & a half's time, in to which we hope that we will have enough teams & drivers signed up by then to hand out a car to each participating team!

Well our old team boss just wants THG drivers for the team. Maybe a bit short sighted. However I try to go by his vision. Soon I'll be looking for drivers to join THG.

As for now I've released @Zebulin912499 to drive for whoever he wishes for Daytona . I need to find my driving rank first

**NSFW NOTICE - LANGUAGE**

6:40 :(

Would love to join but my connection is very unstable right now (As shown above) and I've made a move to Race 07. I'll try to join for now but until I can confirm anything then it looks like I'm sticking to SimBin.

I want to put out a small apology for the lack of info on BoP numbers, as they are behind schedule of what I was hoping to get them done and released by.

We are still finalizing them as we speak, but real life does pose a deterrence when granting time to play video games.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: We now have a working Promo Photo, as shown below!

Promo Poster.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME
BoP is roughly finished, but we will publish what we have as we believe that if anything now needs to be fixed, it will be minor changes to the car's overall power/weight, thus not further delaying this announcement.​

The BoP to each car are as follows:
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10
PP: 619 | Power: 450 bhp | Weight: 945 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: None
BMW E92 M3 GT2 '10 ('11 Base Model)
PP: 554 | Power: 455 bhp | Weight: 1,300 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: None​
Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R '06
PP: 552 | Power: 440 bhp | Weight: 1,290 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: Differential, Drive Shaft​
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
PP: 572 | Power: 420 bhp | Weight: 1,350 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: None

*A proper image will soon be made and uploaded for future reference on page one of this thread*

We will be handing out cars soon, but before that, we will be trying to acquire more teams willing to participate and race alongside us to make this a thrilling 24 hour event!

Back