Drunk Idiot Destroys Enzo

Bubble Bunny
so exactly how many enzo's are left? from what i know, they made 399 of them.

If I am not mistaken, the original number of Enzo's that were supposed to be built was 349, and an additional 50 units was made (399), and later in the year another Enzo was made (Auctioned off for the tsunami fund), making the total 400.

As far as I know, there have been 3 Enzos totally written off. One was engulfed in flames, the other 2 due to road crashes (including this one). So the final number of Enzos left should be 397.

@Giles : Thanks for the explanation 👍!

under18carbon
Just noticed that the Enzo doesn't have stock rims...

Other images :
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3049/enzo29mw4kn.jpg
^Before crash image? (SEMA Enzo)

I'm pretty sure thats the Enzo that West Coast Customs had rims made for. It debuted at the SEMA auto show with them, and that looks like the rims from the pictures I had of it.

Kind of sad to see the guy lose one of the most desired cars in the world, but I think he finally learned his lesson for letting stupid drunks drive.

Some thoughts on this....

- Holy crap, that chick in the beginning is SCARY-looking!! :scared: Jesus Christ.

- Maybe I'm one of the few people here who found it neat that the reporters decided to commend the safety of a car like the Enzo, for once. 👍

- Although this incident is sheer stupidity, I am glad that the owner actually used the car for what it was made for -- driving.

Edit: Oh, and thanks to the way Ferrari handles its sales, you can be sure this guy won't be getting any more high-end Ferrari models in the future....

Layzie
It must be cool being a fellow Enzo owner right now. His crash means that their Enzos are worth that much more.
If I'm not mistaken, Enzo's are actually leased from the factory. Fiat/Ferrari own them, and decide how much they are worth to "borrow". They wanted to make sure they were driven, rather than collect dust, and so that buyers wouldn't try to jack up the price of a limited-run supercar.

Wolfe2x7
- Although this incident is sheer stupidity, I am glad that the owner actually used the car for what it was made for -- driving.
Except the driver was drunk. Sigh.

Let's face it, not many drivers can survive a 120+ mph accident on a public road. Hats off to Ferrari for putting F1-quality safety into a production-built, road-going car.

JCE3000GT
[Quoted post removed by moderator]

Here we go again...

That's probably the most immature and uncivil thing you could say, but suit yourself... Kids these days take a piece of metal in higher regard that human life.*sigh*

What disturbs me that this is on your news. Perfect example of media influence on people. That's truly sad how that's what they show people on TV, whereas they should be actually educating and informing.

Just a reminder: 0.09 is above the legal limit for impaired driving, but it isn't completely "I wanna s-say, officer, yous are like like like Jeebus to me, you know that, and I'm being soooo serious." It's drunk, but it's hardly **** faced.

Wolfe2x7
I am glad that the owner actually used the car for what it was made for -- driving.

Someone who can afford an Enzo can also afford as many track days as he wants, at any track he wants. Yet the guy was racing with a buddy on public roads, after having a few drinks... :dunce:

Oh man...anyone ever seen those Crown Royal ads with the broken Crown Royal bottle and the slogan, "Ever seen a grown man cry?"

Ferrari should use the shots of this Enzo for a similar campaign...

Sounds like a real quality type of guy. Ties to the Swedish mafia :confused: , takes advantage of multi-million dollar losses in his company to fund his and his family's extravagant lives, wrecks limited-run exotic cars...this all adds up to some kind of wild, wacky type story. Sad, and almost too weird to believe it all. But I do like how his mystery friend Dietrich got away clean from the wreck. That gives me an idea...

Anyone want to try to explain to the authorities that their last accident was the result of B-Spec Bob being in Overtake mode on a sharp curve?

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

That is awesome..... hooray for destroyed Enzos. It's just a bunch of metal and carbon piled together which is very fast and won't ever be owned by me, so I think it is so hilarious that a drunk rich fool destroys a part of his fortune because of his own foolishness. Not to mention I always wanted to see what half a Ferrari Enzo looks like. He should apply for the job as official biological crash test dummie for Ferrari.

By listing off the names of a few famous people that own the car, they're trying to explain to us that this guy is famous. I think it's pretty clear that the dude who wrecked the car is a household name, and his identity is being protected because it would be embarassing.

Edit: Nevermind, sounds like the name has already come out. I was hoping for someobody more famous. Oh well. Man! And they dropped all the hints too!

Wolfe2x7
Edit: Oh, and thanks to the way Ferrari handles its sales, you can be sure this guy won't be getting any more high-end Ferrari models in the future....

Taht Reassures. Ferrari really need a lockout policy so that no profligate wanker can sully the Stallion!

danoff
By listing off the names of a few famous people that own the car, they're trying to explain to us that this guy is famous. I think it's pretty clear that the dude who wrecked the car is a household name, and his identity is being protected because it would be embarassing.

Edit: Nevermind, sounds like the name has already come out. I was hoping for someobody more famous. Oh well. Man! And they dropped all the hints too!

Wait so he wasn't lying about being the passenger? Who was really driving then?

eliseracer
Kids these days take a piece of metal in higher regard that human life.*sigh*

By the way, I'm not a kid. I've probably lived a longer and harder life than you would even want to so let's refrain from jumping to conclusions here. Thank you that is all.

Oh and by the way, saying things like that is just how myself and my group of friends/family talk--it's obvious to any clear thinking person I wasn't serious and it was just in jest. If it offends anyone too damn bad--but out of respect of the moderator I'll not make such a comment from this time forward. Oh, and I'll refrain from posting my personality as well from now on as it seems to offend people. :rolleyes: Oh, by the way that was more humor that you probably don't get. 👍

I'll leave this thread to let it get back on topic and off this complete nonesense. Good day.

eliseracer
Kids these days take a piece of metal in higher regard that human life.*sigh*

It depends on what human life and what piece of metal you're talking about. People have died for inanimate objects and with good cause. Sure, this is a case where the metal isn't worth a life, but your quote is more general than that.

Just keep in mind that a human life is not the highest value thing in existance.

That depends on who you'd ask. If you would ask someone how much his own life is worth he'll say it's priceless..... once you ask him to donate 2 dollars a month to be able to save a child in Africa, he most likely tells you that he'd rather spend it on a beer.

I heard that it wasn't even his car, but his company's car. Apparently it wasn't even legal to drive because they had imported it as a show car.

He's in deep **** now.

smellysocks12
That depends on who you'd ask. If you would ask someone how much his own life is worth he'll say it's priceless.....

I don't know anyone who would respond that way. But probably a few would. Most people have a few things they'd be willing to die for.

once you ask him to donate 2 dollars a month to be able to save a child in Africa, he most likely tells you that he'd rather spend it on a beer.

I think perhaps that proves my point.

Encyclopedia
I heard that it wasn't even his car, but his company's car. Apparently it wasn't even legal to drive because they had imported it as a show car.

The show car part isn't the biggest deal as long as he doesn't drive over the set amount (can't remember the number) of miles per year and the car passes emissions, which it should. Wouldn't, since his company went under, the car be sold?

People keep mentioning "on a public road."

This isn't any public road, it's the PCH. It's pretty well-known along the west coast for being winding and dangerous at 50 mph (my father almost drove his tiny Hyundai Excel off it going only 25), let alone 100+. This guy's infinitely fortunate to not be splattered all over the windshield, or the Coast Range, or the Pacific.

xcsti
The show car part isn't the biggest deal as long as he doesn't drive over the set amount (can't remember the number) of miles per year and the car passes emissions, which it should. Wouldn't, since his company went under, the car be sold?

Maybe it wasn't HIS company but rather the company he works for.

Back