DSJ: Archives Thread - DSJ Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ske
Couldn't be further from the truth.. that car is a total mess

I agree... The gear changes are especially nightmarish...

I'd rather just not drift it myself... It's ugly anyway...

Hmph I really like my settings for the RZ as they are (They're in the depot), and I've never even tried the SZ-R... is it all that different once you've swapped the suspension?

I think so... The car understeers pretty bad, and the engine response is strange... I have it drifting, but I would like to work out the kinks...

;)

I nominate the Polyphony Digital F1 car.

Yes, I'm trying to drift this car. Since you can't use any less grippy tires, this is pretty hard (for me at least).

^^

I'll allow that nomination - but I want others to keep in mind that the car can only be won through the 24hr Nurburgring Endurance. I think it's fair to say that there's more people than just myself that don't have it on their drift games.

I have a separate save game just for drifting.(I don't like to waste days on drifting) As for the F1 car, I don't want to drift it personaly as it's built for grip and only grip(usually incentive to drift a car for me).

Toyota Supra RZ - 3 noms
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (S.S. version) - 2 noms
Toyota Supra SZ-R - 1 nom
PD F1 - 1 nom

....we seem to be stuck on a Toyota theme this go around....
where's TD at, I haven't seen him in awhile? He should get in on this

Good job guys, another active nomination session.

Nominations for DSJ: Vol 9 are closed. Our next topic car shall be the '97 Toyota Supra RZ (4 nominations).

Volume 10 Nominations are now open. They'll be closing Saturday, February 11th, 2006 at 12:00am NA Central Time (GMT-06:00).

Then I'll vote for the Trueno SS because I like how it looks and well......it's a real bad drift car while it shouldn't be...:)

identti
I'm going with DR. I love porsches and RUF's, so i'm definately gonna go with the RGT.

Thata boy... No one listenned to me when I suggested the Supra SZ-R, which I'm now finding would indeed have been a better choice, because it is much harder to drift then the RZ... I'm not having much trouble at all with the RZ...

Anyone else?... I have been wanting to drift that beautiful thing ever since I fired up GT4... I just can't seem to get the settings right, and this seems like the best place to try and remedy such problems...

;)

Come on porsche/RUF fans. Vote for the RUF. It's so much more of a challenge than the trueno. I have settings which I came up with in 5 minutes which work well with the trueno, but it's such an un-interesting car with so many settings already avaliable. On the other hand the RUF, a rear wheel drive, rear engined beast will be much more interesting. No-one has managed to make the RUF into a drift machine as far as i know, but i don't think enough people have tried. So lets do it.

identti
Come on porsche/RUF fans. Vote for the RUF. It's so much more of a challenge than the trueno. I have settings which I came up with in 5 minutes which work well with the trueno, but it's such an un-interesting car with so many settings already avaliable. On the other hand the RUF, a rear wheel drive, rear engined beast will be much more interesting. No-one has managed to make the RUF into a drift machine as far as i know, but i don't think enough people have tried. So lets do it.
Don't say "un-interesting":ouch: please(it's the car that gave me the love of drift), the RGT is just a power mad rocket:scared: , but I changed my vote so people like you would hopefully get the chance to get/make settings, it's only fun if everyone gets the chance to tune the car they like.

AngleProvidence
Don't say "un-interesting":ouch: please(it's the car that gave me the love of drift), the RGT is just a power mad rocket:scared: , but I changed my vote so people like you would hopefully get the chance to get/make settings, it's only fun if everyone gets the chance to tune the car they like.

That's the spirit mate!... Since you have made such a sacrifice... I think it's only fair we tackle the SS Trueno in the next DSJ (if the RGT makes it into the 10th DSJ)...

;)

Delphic Reason
That's the spirit mate!... Since you have made such a sacrifice... I think it's only fair we tackle the SS Trueno in the next DSJ (if the RGT makes it into the 10th DSJ)...

;)
With any luck and a few supporters!👍

Well I still like to get the Trueno working, but then again the RGT is a good one too (tried setting it up for GTPDC5 but it just wouldn't drift properly)...

I'll go with the flow and nominate the Ruf RGT

How about a DSJ 10B for the SS Trueno? ;)

Ske
Well I still like to get the Trueno working, but then again the RGT is a good one too (tried setting it up for GTPDC5 but it just wouldn't drift properly)...

I'll go with the flow and nominate the Ruf RGT

How about a DSJ 10B for the SS Trueno? ;)
Now that is a good idea:idea: , I have to agree 100%

How about a DSJ 10B for the SS Trueno?
Now that is a good idea , I have to agree 100%

Settle down guys... I think we can all agree to make the Trueno SS the DSJ 11 car... Agreed?... Since there has been such a response for the car...

Good support for the RGT!... DSJ 10 is going to be fun, and challenging...

;)

I'll vote for the RGT too.. having trouble braking with this car. Even when braking in a dead straight line it feels like I'm trying to stop a B-Double..

In anticipation of 10th DSJ, I started to tune the car(RGT) already, and I can see how people have a problem with it (due to it's high HP I never bothered to tune it for drifting before).

AngleProvidence
In anticipation of 10th DSJ, I started to tune the car(RGT) already, and I can see how people have a problem with it (due to it's high HP I never bothered to tune it for drifting before).

I've tried this one as well.. the understeer on this thing is insane! The high HP is just my thing though, I'm upping the power on all my cars these days.. Since I'm pretty much happy with the Supra now, I'll start fiddling with this one as well.. it's gonna be a tough one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back