Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,060 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else just hear Potato blame Newsham for when he punted Newsham off in race 1?

Yep, Jordan's move on Plato was squeeky clean and Plato tried to use that as a weapon against Newsham.

I quite thoroughly dislike that guy.

Did anyone else just hear Potato blame Newsham for when he punted Newsham off in race 1?

Indeed. Pretty stupid argument if you ask me. How can the driver who took to the grass well away from the racing line not be at fault for causing the driver on the racing line to spin out. Beats me :dunce:

Second race not as action-packed but not bad. Wish I was at Brands, lovely day out there today and it's always a bit tedious waiting for the BTCC races. Next one at 5pm. Even when I'm at the circuits I rarely watch the support races...

Second race not as action-packed but not bad. Wish I was at Brands, lovely day out there today and it's always a bit tedious waiting for the BTCC races. Next one at 5pm. Even when I'm at the circuits I rarely watch the support races...

The Clio's are ok, a bit crazy at the moment though, carnage on the first lap and Nic Hamilton hit 2 parked cars.

The only support races I don't really have any interest in are the Formula Renaults, and the Ginetta Juniors. Would live to see everything else added to GT in a perfect world, although it will prob never happen.

Ginettas were really good, Porsches I didn't watch and Formula Renaults were great last season. Clios are close but somehow it's hard to overtake so the races aren't that eventful.

The only support races I don't really have any interest in are the Formula Renaults, and the Ginetta Juniors. Would live to see everything else added to GT in a perfect world, although it will prob never happen.

FRenault is gone this year because of a lack of entries, shame considering some of the drivers who have come through it like Raikkonen.

Major crash in Ginetta's on the pits straight. 4 cars destroyed.

Last edited:
Major crash in Ginetta's on the pits straight. 4 cars destroyed.

Yeah, actually caught that bit. Hell of a smash, though I actually remember something very similar from the Ginettas - not necessarily at Brands but I'm sure there was a huge crash in the Ginettas last year.

Yeah, actually caught that bit. Hell of a smash, though I actually remember something very similar from the Ginettas - not necessarily at Brands but I'm sure there was a huge crash in the Ginettas last year.

You're thinking of the Thruxton startline smash I think. Jumiors on now, then BTCC final race at 5.05.

That's the craziest thing I've ever seen in a BTCC race and they're normally crazy enough anyway :scared:

That was bad from the Druids marshalls again, they come running out onto the track when cars were still spinning off 👎

Edit: April fools change for emoticons?

Those druids marshalls have been poor, I wonder how much extra damage has been caused to the cars just through them being not very, I won't say not very good because they probably are, just not very bright I'll say. And as above, very shocked to see them running out considering the situation.

Incredible crash though, hopefully some of them get back round to continue, as the red flag counts back a lap for the restart they can still be up the sharp end.

Fantastic end to the race, good win for Plato, that MG looking real quick. Nice to see Newsham on the podium after his escapades today.

That MG6 is amazing, full support to them and Plato. Neate also did pretty good and with some tweaking that car is going to dominate. Plus the livery looks great on track to all the haters.

All in all really exciting races and a good start to the season. Those marshals ripping off the front bumper with the tow... facepalm.

A great day with lots of good racing. Really looking forward to the next round. The only shame is that eBay team couldn't replicate their race 1 result.

Very exciting meeting. Plato did well in race three. Kept the pressure on.

I do like Rob Austin's Audi, but it's a shame it doesn't seem to have that great race pace.

Glad Ben Edwards is out of the commentary booth, but his replacement sounds eerily similar to Tim Harvey, except just as excitable as his predecessor. And he had a penchant for getting things incorrect but that could just be first race jitters.

Still find it amazing that the former captain of the Brazilian Football team taught him so much. *beat*

Alot of Safety car action today.

The difference is Thorne doesn't have many spares. Also he tweeted that they couldn't afford to insure the car this weekend, ouch!

https://twitter.com/#!/ThorneyMS

He's saying it looks hopeful for tomorrow though.
just read that

4k as a spares budget for a season? seriously? If thats the average im joining BTCC!

When i was talking to ginetta they said the average for them in the g40's was 10k per weekend!

Fair play to Plato, I'm not a fan of his at all but he did a good job today, as did Dave Newsham.

Sad to see the BMW's race pace dropping away over the day, nice parking from Foster though :D

I've just seen Flash's been DSQ'd from race 3. Bad weekend for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back