Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,060 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to Newsham for getting pole, quite some pace he's got there! All three of my guys in the top 10 :D

Nasty from Chris James.

Qualification Times - Brands Hatch Indy:

1. D.Newsham - 48.483
2. M.Neal - +0.132
3. R.Collard - +0.215
4. A.Jordan - +0.215
5. T.Onslow-Cole - +0.282
6. J.Plato - +0.385
7. R.Austin - +0.400
8. F.Wrathall - +0.480
9. G.Shedden - +0.539
10. N.Foster - +0.595
11. M.Jackson - +0.617
12. J.Smith - +0.683
13. A.Morgan - +0.693
14. A.Smith - +0.774
15. L.Wood - +0.938
16. O.Jackson - +1.121
17. L.Griffin - +1.140
18. C.James - +1.378
19. A.Neate - +1.643
20. T.Gilham - +2.134
21. T.Hughes - +3.818
22. D.Welch - +13.966

I get back home to see this qualifying result - fantastic! Can't wait for tomorrow now. Nice to see Newsham doing so well in only his second season! Shame that Gilham, Wood and Welch haven't managed to make much impression yet but its all to play for tomorrow.

Danger men tomorrow are going to be those fast-starting RWD cars plus the superior tyre wear they have (as well as the NGTC cars having the wider tyres).

I'm pleasantly surprised by the MG's pace. I did have my doubts about as it was a little green, but to see Plato less than half a second off the pole time is very encouraging. I think Collard is the man to watch tomorrow, he believes he was blocked on his fast lap so he should be up there!

Just seen Jordan/James incident. Thats nasty!

Indeed, though I'm only half-surprised at that as I always thought Plato+888+decent budget is going to equal some reasonable pace. Though I think Neate brings it back down to earth to show how well Plato did!

Seems Neal and Plato are not going to be far from each other once again.

Ollie Jackson obviously needed some gravel for some home DIY made an effort to take a trip beyond Paddock Hill Bend in both practise sessions AND qualifying!! Hope weather is kind tomorrow, watch out for TOC's Beemer!

From where I saw it ( inside the bend) it just looked like he was warming down & assumed Jordan was doing the same but with the benefit of YouTube I now understand how out-of-order that was esp being Newsham's teammate.

James had nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing it, but I won't level such an accusation at him. It wasn't good, put it that way.

Indeed, though I'm only half-surprised at that as I always thought Plato+888+decent budget is going to equal some reasonable pace. Though I think Neate brings it back down to earth to show how well Plato did!

I'm actually surprised they even got Neate out tbh! That car was only finished within the last week and still need to be run properly. He should be a little closer come round two.

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Very close grid which has been mixed up a little by unfortunate traffic in qualifying.

First race in 45 minutes, can't wait! I also love how during the breaks you can watch the Ginettas and all sorts of other stuff so there'll be racing to watch all day!

Race in 15 mins ish. I expect Neal will win, but this season in general I'll be supporting the eBay motors team, and Wrathall in the Toyota. That said, I'd like to see the MGs do well.

Rooting for all the RWDs. Tom Onslow-Cole is a really cool guy and Austin's Audi is also brilliant looking. Hoping for great races.

EDIT Race 1.

:ouch: Morgan...

Thorne lost it under Safety Car?!

Last edited:
These ES cars seem to struggle with the mirrors, Newsham did the same with Collard at the start.

Edit: Sorry for double post

Brilliant for eBay motors. The last lap finish straight was great between Plato and Onslow-Cole.

Stupid move by Plato to take Newsham out.

Major crash. Foster upside down. Scary. Thank goodness he's ok.

Edit. False alarm, car seems intact...

Last edited:
Come On Jordan!!!:mischievous:

Meh, Matt Neal winning ain't so bad, would have preferred Jordan though...

Neal, Jordan, Plato. I think Neal's tap to Plato slowed Plato up. Newsham 9th, great work after a pit stop as well.

Great last corner from Newsham. Good drives by Jackson and Jordan.

Anyone know why Lea Wood got a drive through ?

Did anyone else just hear Potato blame Newsham for when he punted Newsham off in race 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back