Dying Light - Techland's other new game

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 204 comments
A new clip showing off the lighting generator from Chrome 6 (internal game engine) - it also shows a few new parts of the city ;)

...You might want to turn off the sound, while watching this vid.
When he started, I got all excited and thought Techland had sneakily completed the game and released it :lol:

Good call on the volume advice 👍

Neat - okay, the guy playing is just having fun while talking, but looks like you'll need to keep an eye open for attack timings. Quite funny how quickly he died on the basis of a few bad choices.

I like the look of those special moved montaged in there at the end. Once again, thanks for finding this.

You're very welcome. 👍

VGX footage.

Last edited:
They've snatched up these vids quick haha! Gametrailers sourced vid posted up above, so this one should stay up.
Yeah, strange that a game orientated entity would demand the trailers to be pulled...I'm guessing it was VGX/Spike who was responsible.

Well, no demo - there is proof that they aren't just treating it like another zombie game (there again, Techland never have)

Sorry, a slight delay in posting this. It sort of reminded me of a trailer for a certain Ubisoft game...but only slightly.

I think 2014 is going to be my wallet's most hated year. This game looks awesome, among all the other games this year. :drool:

I think 2014 is going to be my wallet's most hated year. This game looks awesome, among all the other games this year. :drool:
Well you'll be safe with this one, as it won't be until early next year - so at least your wallet will get some reprieve.

Yep, meant to post up about this too. A brief bit about the co-op side of things an its customisation in there near the end.

I also like seeing a few more parts of the city being tied into the rest we have already seen. I really have no idea what to expect from the gameplay in this game. There again, I didn't with Dead Island and that was great fun.

I like the sad face explosion on the building ;)

And each of the two big maps are bigger than all of the Dead Island maps combined - definitely looking forward to roaming through that.

As much fun as that looks, I do hope that 'online invasion' bit can be turned off like with Watch Dogs. Or maybe it's for online only.

Even closer now: just sixteen days! So, this is a heads up if you were looking forward to this but due to the long lead-time, forgot :)

Here's some 'Be the Zombie' action to get you all excited again.

Back