E3 2017: More Details on GT Sport Released; Over 177 Cars

Gr.4 is basically GT's version of fia gt4. If we got the official Ford Mustang GT4 instead of the Gr.4, would we say that it's not different enough from the road car? I don't know what to think about it. I think they're similar but at the same time they're different.

What I want to know is Arcade Mode details. Not interested in a long, dragged-out career. Just one to pick a nice car, a manufacturer color and drive. Somehow, I doubt GT Sport will have that, to keep with tradition and to my sadness.
It was posted somewhere that GTS will have 2 player split screen locally, sounds like an arcade type thing. The beta has an arcade mode, although it was turned off a little over a month ago.

upload_2017-6-13_23-57-27.png

What they did to premium cars from GT5 and GT6 =(

"32 players is possible" =/= "The final product will support 32 players." Just for clarification.
Just the facts, ma'am:

2to32networkplayers.jpg
So how many cars really?
Realistically, you're looking at one per manufacturer per class, in order to make the manufacturer's cup work.

Unless some manufacturers are excluded from some classes, or the cup only takes place over a couple of classes, this may lead to some strange situations, where a Bugatti Veyron has to have 300hp, or a Volkswagen Beetle is a GT3 car. We have seen some manufacturers represented by very diverse lists, and some by a car shoehorned into everything.

I think we've seen Gr1, Gr3, Gr4, GrB and I recall Polyphony grouped all the road cars as "N Series" (in the game they may be N300, N400, N1000 or whatever). With five categories, you'll probably see an average of 3 actually different vehicles per manufacturer - less if you count, as an example, the RCZ road car as the same vehicle as an RCZ GrB car.

We've so far seen 28 manufacturers confirmed that I'm aware of (I haven't been keeping count). Call it 30 and that's 90 different cars.

MMX
It was posted somewhere that GTS will have 2 player split screen locally, sounds like an arcade type thing. The beta has an arcade mode, although it was turned off a little over a month ago.

Time will tell. Polyphony has the habit of having everything open to show off at conventions and other places with public contact, but then they shut if all off when the actual game comes out. I'll be careful with this one.

There's no point putting the Beetle in for the sake of VW having a Group 3 car...don't they already have the GTI VGT anyway? It should be plenty of fun, don't get me wrong - and the New Beetle GT from GT2 was a thing after all. But giving Veedub the GTI VGT and then making a Beetle for them would be like taking Honda's Group 3 NSX and giving them a CR-X del sol as well. No, hang on a minute...

Also the Group 4 Veyron is a thing. The only way that would be real is if the Veyron were fake.

177 cars is Atleast better than PCARS 2, but the meager amount of tracks is truly vexing.
Pcars 2 start with + - 180 cars at launch... So... I don't think that Gt sport cars will be better than those of pcars.. Just Thanks to to much fictional vision gt cars...

This got into my mind but since each manufacturer have to represent all the racing classes than I wonder what's the GR.1 gonna be for several manufacturers?

We know that Toyota, Audi, Bugatti, alpina, Nissan and Dodge have their own but what about Honda? Ford? Lamborghini? Subaru? VW? Mitsubishi? Ferrari?...etc?
We barely hear anything new about GR.1 class as much as other types.

Kinda like some of the motorsports refferences some of these cars are, like the RCZ GR.B wearing the 1999 Peugeot WRC livery while sporting aero parts (Splitter and wing) from the 2013 Pikes Peak 208.

This got into my mind but since each manufacturer have to represent all the racing classes than I wonder what's the GR.1 gonna be for several manufacturers?

We know that Toyota, Audi, Bugatti, alpina, Nissan and Dodge have their own but what about Honda? Ford? Lamborghini? Subaru? VW? Mitsubishi? Ferrari?...etc?
We barely hear anything new about GR.1 class as much as other types.
Mazda have their VGT. Makes me wonder if PD said, "Hey, guys. Change of plans. We need those VGTs that you're nearly done with, to now be future LMP-type cars for this new Gran Turismo Sport thing we're doing. Oh and one more thing... We need them in the Fall. You have two months.

Domo,

Kazzy-J"
*Pininfarina pulls hair out, again*

The car count is not really a problem, considering the quality of GT1 and GT3. The thing is, they are doing way too much stuff that´s not real, like fictional cars and tracks. I loved some GT LM versions and some of their tracks, but when you have little content you should focus on the real stuff.

I really feel like creating a fictional oval track is just a waste of time, when you have so many in real life to choose from.

Anyways, i´m a sucker for GT and i will end up having a buy a wheel for it, because it looks like GT Academy is finally coming to Brazil! Btw, wish we would get more news on FIA/GT Academy stuff.
Have you seen the type of racing ovals create? They're actually the most exciting to watch in Sport Mode because you never know who's going to win. Many times there's 3 or more cars in contention for the win. That's the type of excitement an E-sport event needs in order to succeed!

This is probably the first time that I am not getting too excited about a Gran Turismo title. I don't remember previous versions having such a massive roster of fictional and PD pretuned cars. I mean the Gr.4 category is nothing more than PD customised road cars that have been given weight reductions, liveries, more power etc.
Group B cars are not real life rally cars but once again PD's own digital take. I love cars and so I will still get it but can't help thinking that this game has been in the making far too long for what it is.
Project Cars 2 and Forza 7 on the other hand....

GT has always had fictional cars and race modded ones. This is not new. Look at GT3 as well, one of the most loved GT games that only had a total of 170 some cars with plenty of fictional race cars. One's I can remember off the top of my head- Chevy Camaro LM, Honda S2000 LM, Mazda RX7 LM, Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring, Pagani Zonda LM, Subaru WRX LM and I'm sure there's a few more. This was before dlc as well, so we get that chance now to receive more cars that may or may not be real.

GT has always had fictional cars and race modded ones. This is not new. Look at GT3 as well, one of the most loved GT games that only had a total of 170 some cars with plenty of fictional race cars. One's I can remember off the top of my head- Chevy Camaro LM, Honda S2000 LM, Mazda RX7 LM, Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring, Pagani Zonda LM, Subaru WRX LM and I'm sure there's a few more. This was before dlc as well, so we get that chance now to receive more cars that may or may not be real.

The original ones (GT1 & GT2) had loads of RM models as well. Always liked those additions.

177 cars is Atleast better than PCARS 2, but the meager amount of tracks is truly vexing.

It may not be more cars than PC2 - they both seem to be racing to have the most at release. To increase from 138 to 177+ is very impressive by GTS. 19 Locations with 27 layouts will be about one third the number in in PC2.

There's no point putting the Beetle in for the sake of VW having a Group 3 car...don't they already have the GTI VGT anyway? It should be plenty of fun, don't get me wrong - and the New Beetle GT from GT2 was a thing after all. But giving Veedub the GTI VGT and then making a Beetle for them would be like taking Honda's Group 3 NSX and giving them a CR-X del sol as well. No, hang on a minute...

Also the Group 4 Veyron is a thing. The only way that would be real is if the Veyron were fake.
oh come its a fliping beetle!!! + this reminds me of GT2'S beetle GT race car

Just the facts, ma'am:

Realistically, you're looking at one per manufacturer per class, in order to make the manufacturer's cup work.

Unless some manufacturers are excluded from some classes, or the cup only takes place over a couple of classes, this may lead to some strange situations, where a Bugatti Veyron has to have 300hp, or a Volkswagen Beetle is a GT3 car. We have seen some manufacturers represented by very diverse lists, and some by a car shoehorned into everything.

I think we've seen Gr1, Gr3, Gr4, GrB and I recall Polyphony grouped all the road cars as "N Series" (in the game they may be N300, N400, N1000 or whatever). With five categories, you'll probably see an average of 3 actually different vehicles per manufacturer - less if you count, as an example, the RCZ road car as the same vehicle as an RCZ GrB car.

We've so far seen 28 manufacturers confirmed that I'm aware of (I haven't been keeping count). Call it 30 and that's 90 different cars.

Thats my take more or less. We get half of the number of different cars( or even less) look an the Alfa 4c, Evo's, Sti's, and GTR's will be all over too.

Last edited:
Unless some manufacturers are excluded from some classes, or the cup only takes place over a couple of classes, this may lead to some strange situations, where a Bugatti Veyron has to have 300hp, or a Volkswagen Beetle is a GT3 car.

I have never encountered this happening in any of my racing games. What sorcery is this?

You playstation boys need to start voting with your feet (or is that wallet?) come September 22. Hint. Hint.

Latest Posts

Back