E3 2017: More Details on GT Sport Released; Over 177 Cars

It's less about finding who to blame, and more so just trying to figure out what information we should be going by. There's nothing wrong with being wrong(even more so since you guys are just going by what is being told. Hell maybe it's not even wrong either), as you guys always inform us if there was a change to an article anyways 👍

If anything, it's more about why PD doesn't update their site ever. That's what is causing the confusion.

Ok after all the videos from E3 I've seen I'm pretty sure the car count is even lower than half of what PD declares. NSX rally car, Huracan GT4, Veyron GT3 WTF PD???

Ok after all the videos from E3 I've seen I'm pretty sure the car count is even lower than half of what PD declares. NSX rally car, Huracan GT4, Veyron GT3 WTF PD???
Yeah PD really should start outsourcing or hiring more 3D artists cause it’s seriously taking them too long to model cars and tracks and making set release dates.

Yeah PD really should start outsourcing or hiring more 3D artists cause it’s seriously taking them too long to model cars and tracks and making set release dates.
They need to bring back PS3 premiums that's it. All the super premium talking is BS just look on the side mirror while driving from inside or on the edges of the hood in that view and I'm playing on the Pro :/

They need to bring back PS3 premiums that's it. All the super premium talking is BS just look on the side mirror while driving from inside or on the edges of the hood in that view and I'm playing on the Pro :/
It's not super premium quality, it's tessellation settings. Do you really need completely sharp edges on the side mirror in the race instead of some fps?

I'm away doing motoring journalist stuff, but when I get back tomorrow I will post the document in full, in here, just so you all know I'm not making it up or wrong.

I thought we had enough credibility by now for people to accept that what we report in instances like this is what we've been told is true, but I guess not...
I've censored the press office contacts, but otherwise this is what we received:

GTS_PressFactSheet_E32017.jpg

It's not super premium quality, it's tessellation settings. Do you really need completely sharp edges on the side mirror in the race instead of some fps?
It strikes my eyes right away if a nice fluid shape has edges in its curve. And it just stands out right away. Other than that no...

Well that settles that.

It doesn't really. It could be a mistake by Sony (using old numbers) or it could be them counting duplicates but PD don't. Or maybe some of these won't be ready day one. No one knows really.

Love the interview with IGN and others - not a single question answered they just speak what they like to talk about.

As much as I love the quality of lighting and 3d models in GT, 144 cars and 15 tracks after almost 4 years of dev is the best demonstration that Poly needs outsourcing.

An idea come to my mind about track count. We know it was reduced to 15 from 19, but layout count is still the same. What if some tracks they planned to do as completely new, in development process became a layouts for already finished tracks? Like Northern Isle Speedway and Northern Isle Rallycross thing. PD started to develop these two as a different tracks, but later add rallycross path to Northern Isle environment.

I'm fine with PD keeping their cars in house; I just don't think they need to throw in so much effort into the details. Yes, the car's are very gorgeous & the attention to detail is second-to-none, but is that absolutely necessary? IMO, I think they could tone down how obsessive they are and still outshine almost every single other racing game with their models.

I hope it's not taking a toll on the amount of cars they could really capture or anything else.

I'm fine with PD keeping their cars in house; I just don't think they need to throw in so much effort into the details. Yes, the car's are very gorgeous & the attention to detail is second-to-none, but is that absolutely necessary? IMO, I think they could tone down how obsessive they are and still outshine almost every single other racing game with their models.

I hope it's not taking a toll on the amount of cars they could really capture or anything else.

Yeah but the irony is before people got a chance to see how gorgeous and attention to detail GTsport cars were looking they were saying how much better the competitors' cars were including liveries in comparison weren't they? Well at least now we're seeing how GTsport has really shined in how their cars look.

It is part of their "charm" . If they're going to mode cars like every other dev, it won't be as special.

It's a good argument though, would people trade that amount of quality for an increase in cars?

Yeah but the irony is before people got a chance to see how gorgeous and attention to detail GTsport cars were looking they were saying how much better the competitors' cars were including liveries in comparison weren't they? Well at least now we're seeing how GTsport has really shined in how their cars look.
I never noticed such arguments, personally, but GT6 should've shown how good their Premiums were. I didn't see much reason to go even further when you showed a car that has its rear seat belt buckle modeled.

Here's a bit of speculation. From what is known so far regarding the cars and classes, I have the gut feeling that the Manufacturer's Cup will exclusively include races in Group 4 & Group 3. Why do I believe that? Because it will be impossible to field cars from each manufacturer in either all of the N-classes or in Group 1. In contrast, already an astonishingly high percentage of cars from manufacturers known to be included in GTS has been confirmed. for Groups 3&4.

Here's a list of what is already known: (This includes all manufacturers with confirmed cars or mentioned on the US-Playstation-GTS site)

Known.jpg

And here's a little speculation (and some wishful thinking) on my part for the remaining ones (reasoning below):

Unknown.jpg

• Alpine: It's listed on the US-PS-GTS site. My (totally unfounded) wish would be the new Alpine 110 announced at the Geneva Motor Show 2017.
  • BMW: An M4 for Group 4 seems likely.
  • Bugatti: If there's a Group 4-Veyron, there's likely to be a Group 3.
  • Citroen: As the GT was spotted in the trailer in a Gr.3-race, what would a candidate be for Group 4? The WTCC-race car would be a possibility (although not likely)
  • Infiniti: Is listed on the US-PS-GTS site. No real cars known to be included in GTS. Only car that would fit is the Q60.
  • Lexus: RC-F Gr.4 was shown on the US-PS-GTS site. A Gr.3 version seems likely.
  • Lotus: Interestingly, no Lotus was shown yet in either class. Evora in both classes would be most likely, although I'd hope for an Exige in Group 3.
  • Mazda: Mazda6 already confirmed in Group 3. There's probably a Gr.4-version then.
  • McLaren: As there is a real 570S GT4, I would hope they include something like that. It will probably be a castrated 650S though.
  • Mini: I just can't imagine there to be a Mini Gr.3, so I doubt they actually will be available in this Cup.
  • Porsche: There just MUST be a 911 GT3-R. So what would they pick for Group 4? The obvious choice would be the Cayman GT4, but knowing PD's speed of modelling cars, it will probably be a 911 (real or fake GT4/Gr.4). There's actually a real 911 GT4, so it wouldn't be that bad.
  • Toyota: My guess for Group 4 would be the 86GT.

Back