E3 2017: More Details on GT Sport Released; Over 177 Cars

I have never encountered this happening in any of my racing games. What sorcery is this?
Cars are routinely given power restrictions under BOP regulations. A restriction to 20% is a bit excessive mind, but you'll note it was speculative:
Unless some manufacturers are excluded from some classes, or the cup only takes place over a couple of classes, this may lead to some strange situations, where a Bugatti Veyron has to have 300hp, or a Volkswagen Beetle is a GT3 car. We have seen some manufacturers represented by very diverse lists, and some by a car shoehorned into everything.
There have been some very odd GT3 cars indeed over the years - like the Cadillac ATS or Morgan Aero 8. After all, there's very little left of the original car besides some of the body frame.
You playstation boys need to start voting with your feet come September 22. Hint. Hint.
I've tried playing a racing game with my feet. It isn't easy.

This got into my mind but since each manufacturer have to represent all the racing classes than I wonder what's the GR.1 gonna be for several manufacturers?

We know that Toyota, Audi, Bugatti, alpina, Nissan and Dodge have their own but what about Honda? Ford? Lamborghini? Subaru? VW? Mitsubishi? Ferrari?...etc?
We barely hear anything new about GR.1 class as much as other types.

We don't know that. It hasn't been said that every brand has to be represented in every single class. I don't imagine Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini in Gr.B. I don't see a BMW, Mercedes, Honda, McLaren, Alfa Romeo, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus, Lotus, Mini, Mitsubishi, Renault and Subaru with a Gr.1 car, unless they get a VGT for that effect (which isn't likely in many cases).

I'd rather not count on that to predict how many cars per class per manufacturer will we get. Some brands will only have 1 car in Gr.x, while others already have 2 in the same exact group.

As far as we know we might even get manufacturers with a ton of Gr.N cars, which is a must for big brands like Ferrari and Porsche, while others could only offer one or two like Hyundai. It is what it is, there is no equality between brands, some may have 20 highly desirable cars, while others just a couple.

All I've gotta say is only 170 cars when 6 had about that many premium and a lot more tracks and its only been by the apparent fall release almost 4 years since 6 came out. The game play, physics and all that better be damn good. I played the demo at a friends and it doesnt seem like a massive leap forward considering they've been working on it for probably 5 years and there's not been an update to 6 in ages. Unless the finished game is looks really good in videos I might not even get it and at this rate I doubt Ill get 7 when it comes out in 2020. What a joke.

There was a photomode picture of it that was shown sometime last year
Wasn't that just a scape? Anyway we saw the Bugatti VGT drive there, even though the graphics back then was very GT6, so most likely it was in the GT6 engine. But I don't think they'd showcase a new car on a track we don't get. I could be wrong, the NSX drove in Seattle and we haven't gotten that track (yet) !

This picture from E3 still says 140
The rest is maybe not super premium?
15.jpg

Guys, the question is very simple, in the official website they can not put the exact number of cars because they are adding them until the release, so the site has the default number confirmed.
As soon as we have a release date, the site will surely be updated with the exact number of cars and tracks that will launch at launch;)
They've released exact numbers. Look at that image above.

Or look at this quote
Each vehicle has been recreated in remarkable detail, from the internal structure of the headlights to the gaps between the body panels and the stitching of the seats. We have strived to instill the passion of the car designers themselves who brought these cars to life from the sketch pad. The full lineup consists of 140 vehicles, including original cars. The following four are the ones we would like to spotlight.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/products/gtsport/real_cars/

Where is 177 coming from though, the master car list?

There is information about one year before the referral, Kaz confirmed in an interview with E3 that the number of cars has increased up to 177+ and are continuing to add more to the release.
On the site they can not put a different number of cars until the exact number of cars we are launching is finalized;)

I'm away doing motoring journalist stuff, but when I get back tomorrow I will post the document in full, in here, just so you all know I'm not making it up or wrong.

I thought we had enough credibility by now for people to accept that what we report in instances like this is what we've been told is true, but I guess not...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back