{E3} | Electronic Entertainment Expo 2016

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The E3 convention is drawing near and there are many rumours and confirmed games/consoles. So what games or new consoles do you think or hope will be announced?

I expect more GTS news will be announced. But my new favourite rumour is the return of the Resistance franchise. New art for PS4 graphics have been released. Nothing confirmed yet but there may be a new game or a revival of the trilogy.

Some of the images also feature Killzone characters which are fighting, so perhaps a new game or one off thing combining both franchises?

I'll be looking forward to more info on ReCore, Forza Horizon 3, and Rare's new game, Sea of Thieves, could care less about the new consoles for now. I'm sure there will be other surprises, new game announcements and such as well.

don't know what new games are coming, but at least I'm not working during this period of time so I'll be able to watch it :D

Would be nice to see a bit more footage of Mirror's Edge.

I'm guessing this thread will be the place to talk about E3 this year.

In either case I'm interested in the PS4 Neo and what it'll deliver, in addition to the smaller Xbone.

I'd love to see more of Ace Combat 7, been wanting more of that since I saw the trailer at the Playstation experience last year.

Also want to see more on:

Tekken 7 (Though thanks to the arcades, we might see more)
Gran Turismo Sport (Obviously)

Much like how I've been out of the loop of most forms of racing with the demise of Speed Channel, I've somewhat been out of the loop of gaming since the demise of G4 TV and the here-and-there coverage from Spike TV. Unless I've heard of certain upcoming games here on GTPlanet, there isn't much I know of unless I see news bits here on GTP or on Twitter or someplace. So I don't know much of what to expect for E3 2016.

I usually look forward to E3, but this time, I'm dreading it. Time will tell if both Sony and Microsoft 🤬 it all up by announcing new consoles this soon. I'll probably still stay up all night to watch the Sony conference live.

Looking forward to:
Mafia 3
Battlefield 1
Forza Horizon 3
Gran Turismo Sport

No Man's Sky.
GTS
Maybe a better NFS (I like Hot Pursuit 2014) That was fun.

When are the press conferences?

I'll be looking foward to No Man's Sky, Gran Turismo Sport, Battlefield 1. I want to see if Turn 10/Microsoft say what are their plans with Apex and see what route they'll take with an eventual Forza Horizon 3.

Then see what "launch titles" come with these consoles mid-life facelifts. And I always like to see what Nintendo has up their sleeves. They always have something fun and sometimes even show winners!

If rumours are to be believed, I am expecting the Xbox One Slim (I think the Xbox Scorpio will be introduced later) and PS4 Neo to make a debut at E3. The game I am most looking forward to is Forza Horizon 3, but I'm also interested in hearing more news about Gran Turismo Sport. Virtual Reality isn't a a big deal for me right now.

When are the press conferences?

Playstation is on June 13 at like 6 PM PDT. (Can watch at 85 selected movie theaters in the US/Cananda, or playstation app)
Microsoft is at 9:30 am PDT June 13th (Can be watched on Spike TV
Don't know when Nintendo has theirs

I hope the console announcements are merely that the consoles are in progress. To release a new one now seems a bit pointless as they won't get as many sales in my opinion.

I think the whole internet will have egg on it's face if both Sony and Microsoft turn up and don't announce new consoles :lol:

I want to see if Forza Horizon 3 will be a thing. If so, sign me up.

Also, I wanna know what the hell Criterion Games has been up to. If they're holding something back from us, E3 would be the place to announce it.

I think the whole internet will have egg on it's face if both Sony and Microsoft turn up and don't announce new consoles :lol:

Not gonna lie, I would enjoy that very much.

Playstation is on June 13 at like 6 PM PDT. (Can watch at 85 selected movie theaters in the US/Cananda, or playstation app)
Microsoft is at 9:30 am PDT June 13th (Can be watched on Spike TV
Don't know when Nintendo has theirs
Can I get a source on the Sony conference time?

And Nintendo won't have a big presence at E3. According to sources, all they are showing off is the new Zelda title, and they won't need a presser to do that. Just something on the show floor. They will, however, have a streaming event that will go on all day. Source

This year's big suprise guess!

Crash Bandicoot returns?

I like to watch E3 to get myself excited for games I probably won't ever play. Makes for a great distraction.

If some Crash Bandicoot game gets mentioned, I'd be jumping up and down.

Ubisoft just released a video confirming WATCH_DOGS 2 with the World Premiere being on June 8th at 6PM CEST

* World times:
_ 6 pm CEST time
_ 9 am Pacific time
_ 12 pm Eastern time
_ 12 am East Asian time

Back