{E3} | Electronic Entertainment Expo 2016

While the only game I was interested in was God of War, I still think it was a great conference.Using a live ochestra to provide most of the music was brilliant, and I hope they do that again next year.

I was really hoping for a Last of Us 2 teaser, and to all the nay sayers, please remember that a new Last of Us game doesn't have to be a continuation of the first game. We could be following entirely new characters, and frankly, given the amazing universe they establised in the first game, I think it'd be a shame to not revisit it. Last but not least, I am saddened by not getting any new news about Ace Combat. Just how far away is this game?

Also, not time wasted on the new PS4, which means I can at least pretend that this entirely pointless thing doesn't exist for a little while longer.

bqtccusc4757elplwwji.png

http://kotaku.com/introducing-sonys-new-virtual-shooter-controller-1781941567

Are we seriously doing this, Sony? Seriously?? :lol:

Last edited:
Son't conference was great, only miss was the ending, Bend's game didn't click for me. Could have easily ended with SPiderman.

Well "apparently" someone is dumping the demo of the new Zelda onto their sd card from what I've heard in Twitter :odd:

I am somewhat employing a strategy of going on impressions from others to see what games to check out rather than try to follow press conferences from start to finish. Having said that, here are two games I looked up today:

* Forza Horizon 3 looks great. It's great Australia's going to get some love here after seeing kangaroos in the trailer. Very cool stuff ranging from all the off-road action to the usual burning rubber on city streets and country roads. I almost sort of thought FH3 was going to be just another post-apocalyptic world or something since I saw more natural terrain than cities and such. Be proud, XBOX One types.

* I have severely been out of the Zelda loop a lot. Last sort of Zelda game I really remember playing through was "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is in a word- beautiful. Maybe not put-Skyrim-to-shame beautiful, but it looks totally impressive. This is a title I could probably get lost in playing on the Wii U, and I don't even own a Wii U.

I'll be taking in a few more impressions and look for some more games to follow.

I couldn't help but giggle when Link picked up that Sheikah Slate and held it sideways for it was so obvious what it was going to become. I'm down to try out Zelda.

I also am down for watching a playthrough of God of War, and Horizon After Dawn.

Anybody else prefer to see Spyro being given the remake treatment instead of Crash?

We should start badgering Sony for a revival of G-Police. There is a game I would be ecstatic to see.

The live orchestra was a fantastic addition to Sony's show and added so much atmosphere. Brilliant stuff.

I don't know how much truth is in this but apparently a new Red Dead game was due to be shown at E3. Due to the recent mass shooting in Orlando however they decided not to show footage of it because it featured a mass shooting in a saloon.

I'm a bit confused about XBOX Play Anywhere thing. I didn't watch the whole thing so I just read snippets of news here and there.

MS said XBL is gonna be free on PC? Surely console users will be pissed. But I can't see them charging for PC as that would be unheard of (or will they?).

How will multiplatform games work going forward? Instead of PC/XBOX/PS4 it's just gonna be PC-XBOX/PS4?

If more and more AAA titles go the UWP route, does this spell the end of Steam? I just got on the bandwagon earlier this year :banghead: I also don't trust MS not to make a mess like they did with GFWL.

I think Sony is going to have a lot of difficulty getting exclusives now. From a dev point of view, developing for MS means they get access to 2 userbases (PC + XBOX) for the effort of one format. No brainer really.

It is all very confusing at the moment. I just hope everything will turn out for the best for gamers and not the stockholders' pockets...

I'm really interested in Steep. We haven't had a snow sports game (on consoles, at least) since 2013 when SSX came out. Looking forward to getting it.

I also thought this game was kind of interesting. I'm not in to snow sports or anything, but when I first got a game console is was a PS1. Two of my early games were Cool Boarders 2 and Sled Storm. Both games were pretty good, and I may even get Steep yet. It's a shame they won't have snow bike racing though, that'd be a mega addition to an otherwise somewhat one-dimensional looking game. I wonder how much character customisation we'll be given.

I'm a bit confused about XBOX Play Anywhere thing. I didn't watch the whole thing so I just read snippets of news here and there.

MS said XBL is gonna be free on PC? Surely console users will be pissed. But I can't see them charging for PC as that would be unheard of (or will they?).

How will multiplatform games work going forward? Instead of PC/XBOX/PS4 it's just gonna be PC-XBOX/PS4?

If more and more AAA titles go the UWP route, does this spell the end of Steam? I just got on the bandwagon earlier this year :banghead: I also don't trust MS not to make a mess like they did with GFWL.

I think Sony is going to have a lot of difficulty getting exclusives now. From a dev point of view, developing for MS means they get access to 2 userbases (PC + XBOX) for the effort of one format. No brainer really.

It is all very confusing at the moment. I just hope everything will turn out for the best for gamers and not the stockholders' pockets...

No. Multiplat games will be on all formats like PS4, Xbone and PC and in future as well. All Microsoft exclusives will be on Windows10. If you buy it digitally you can play on PC and if have Xbone then don't have to buy it again or vice-versa. I think they are trying everyone to get into Windows store. Those games will not be coming to steam. I think it is great for PC gamer or want to be one. You can have steam and use it and to play Microsoft games will have to go and buy from their store. I am not sure if all games are apps. But you can buy and play them. Forza Apex I think is free for now ?

I don't do PC gaming but from what I heard the Windows 10 store is garbage, MS first part exclusives will all be coming to PC yes so if you have a decent rig there is no need to buy an XBOX.

Everything else gets released on Steam so it ain't going anywhere.

Sony's third party exclusives get released on PC anyway most of the time unless they're funding the whole thing, if you are a PC gamer this is an advantage, doesn't change anything for if you're a PS4 or NX owner.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification guys 👍 So basically multiplatform games (i.e. not MS exclusive) will continue the same going forward. The only change would be what used to be XBOX exclusive games (like Forza) will now get released on Windows store as well as the XBOX version, for the price of one. Basically win-win for the PC crowd as we get access to both PC & XBOX game libraries 👍

Now, if only Sony brings GT to PC as well... :P

I'm really interested in Steep. We haven't had a snow sports game (on consoles, at least) since 2013 when SSX came out. Looking forward to getting it.

I think the focus on extreme sports video games has dried up since it's peak in the early and mid 00's. Back then there was everything! BMX'ing, Surfing, MTB'ing, Skateboarding, Snowboarding etc. I would love EA Skate to come back with Snowflake graphics :crazy:

One thing I found disappointing with the 2012 SSX was that they didn't stick to the original idea of the game. It was meant to be SSX - Deadly Descents, a darker tone snowboarding game with lots of peril but for some reason they decided to scrap that angle and make it family friendly. I would love a snowboarding game which was SSX meets Battlefield! :lol:

Also interested in Andromeda. Never got the chance to play the full Mass Effect games but liked them so I'm definitely jumping in on this.
I'm in the same boat. I have never played a Mass Effect game, but the concept of Andromeda sounds right up my alley.

Back