{E3} | Electronic Entertainment Expo 2016

Good to see Kojima's next title seemingly a horror game, even if it's not quite a direct Silent Hill successor.

Automatically makes Sony the winner for me, personally.

That's not Tom Holland's voice, is it? Either way, the idea of a(nother) open-world Spider-man game is a selling point.

"Thank you for coming"? What, it ends with the TLOU-rip-off?

That's not Tom Holland's voice, is it? Either way, the idea of a(nother) open-world Spider-man game is a selling point.

"Thank you for coming"? What, it ends with the TLOU-rip-off?

Agreed, pretty lame way to wrap up the show. Honestly Kojima would've probably been the best way to end it, as an Apple-esque "one more thing..."

It looks like a more fun game than Last of Us, but the story will most likely be generic video game story crap

Ha, there was their biggest selling franchise with a game out in 6 months, 5 seconds of the trailer. Indicative of the confidence they have in it?

"The game sells itself, we don't need to waste time showing it..."

Looks like once again, I'm the only one not bothered by the lack of racing games. Pretty sure no where was it said that GT Sport would be in the actual conference.

Overall, I loved it. Nothing but games, just straight to the point. I can't wait for God Of War, that was by far the biggest bomb drop of the day.

Y'know, I don't mind saying it: it's really nice to see the warm response to Kojima, and he absolutely deserves it. Definitely one of the standout characters of the industry.

Reedus appearance isn't surprising considering the Silent Hills connection.

It seemed like he was overwhelmed by the response. Glad to see him finally make a horror game with Norman Reedus as he wanted to, even if it wasn't what he initially invisioned.

Some beautiful looking games. I dont know how some can complain much about that.

Show stuck mainly to what we want but clearly PS4 is in good shape and they actually had some good VR stuff with AAA. Many great exclusives, gamers never had it so good.

Funhaus is doing an E3 drinking game stream, and it's hilarious (NSFW Language) They'll put Sony on when it comes on

God, that got old fast.
I guess ND really didn't want to make the actual sequel if they commissioned this.
Good, imo. TLoU ended on a perfect note of folks questioning if Ellie really knew what Joel did, and closing their story. Half the beauty of the game is watching Joel & Ellie's relationship with each other. It's 1 game I really don't want to see a sequel to even with Naughty Dog at the helm.

Looks like once again, I'm the only one not bothered by the lack of racing games.

Given the website you're on do you find that surprising? No, nobody promised GT Sport but it was disappointing not to see it or any other new game. As I said in the GT forum, PS4 only owners are really going to have to look elsewhere for a large collection of racing games. Sony don't seem to care about them, closing one studio and not promoting the other one.

Obviously your enjoyment factor differs from mine, but I can't help but ask: were we watching the same conference? Because that was anything but "great" in my eyes.

There was some great reveals.

The God of War looks rather fantastic (even though I was cringing at how not-GoWish it was, despite me not being a GoW fan at all)
Death Stranding is hands-down the best reveal of E3 thus far.
Spider-Man? Looks solid.
P.T. RE VII? Kinda lame, but hasn't that always been the case with RE?
Detroit... very Cagey but that has its charm.
The Last Guardian still looks like a PS3 launch title, but it'll likely be a great game regardless... and we got a firm release date finally.

Overall I thought it was quite good. They ended the show on a particularly underwhelming note (and didn't show GTS), which is bound to color people's perception of the show as a whole though.

Back