Earning Credits?

Once you unlock the final street races in the game, earning money is fairly easy. One of the street races has a base prize of 62,000 credits. With the percentage bonus I get for having assists off, hard difficulty, etc., I get over 120,000 credits for 2 and a half minutes of racing.

They give you quite a bit. Especially with bonuses from difficulty and turning off assists. The very last race will get you at least 7.5 million I got 10 mill with my difficulty settings. The grand total I made after doing all the street races was almost 2 mill. Plus selling show case and rival cars can rack up the Cr. They definitely supply you with enough. Not to mention the Cr you get just from completeing sponsors challenges just by driving around.

Thanks for the responses. I love that they make it fairly easy to buy stuff. Need For Speed has their new system of just unlocking random cars, which is alright, but you still might have to work to get the cars you really want. With a game that just gives you a crap load of money, it's fairly easy to earn enough to buy what you want, and I think GT1 was the first racing game that had money farming options with the first race series giving you a 20,000 car and GT2 with the easy to win 500,000 Speed 12. Forza 1, 2 and 3 took a little bit of time to farm, but it seems with 4 and Horizon, T10 has learned that fans are a lot happier when they can quickly get the cars they want.

I still say GT5 has the perfect balance for those who don't mind working hard and progressing through the game to get credits and those who just want to get a lot of credits really fast. I mean, last time I was on, the Seasonal Events netted 3 million + every time, and they weren't all that difficult for the most part.

I played the demo of Horizon, and the cars feel fine with most of the settings turned off, although I might want to put it on normal handling with the controller.

Although, now, it might be a while before I buy Horizon. The next game I'll get after buying the Holiday Bundle will probably be the Mass Effect Trilogy. But that will give me some time to really play and get into Forza 4 before heading for the Horizon.

Yes with a controller absolutly use normal. It really depends on the cars you buy and if you upgrade them or just auto upgrade and resell. I found it was a pretty good balance until the end when you get more Cr than you'll need for a while :lol:

Back