Elegance Automotive Guild - Remembering TurnLeft.

Anymore news on the third car from EAG? :)
Hey Gyro :) I'll be honest, there has been a bit of a hold up on it, sorry :guilty: We started working on it a while back (like months ago) and had almost got to the stage of putting on the final touches, then things took a few unexpected turns :crazy:

Basically there are a few things we need to sort out in-house. I know you saw @Bowtie-muscle's "Muscle cars, PD and you" project, so you've seen the piece he did on the tyre types and compounds. This was a bit unexpected and highlighted some things we never considered :dopey: So that's something we need to discuss, there are some others too. But time hasn't really been in our favour and RL has taken over our priorities for a large part of the summer. So unfortunately this has taken a bit of a back seat for the most part :( Rest assured though, we are still committed to this project and have every intention to get back to it once these small issues are worked out and time allows us 👍 With any luck it'll be sooner rather than later, but I can't make any promises :cool:

:cheers:

Hey Gyro :) I'll be honest, there has been a bit of a hold up on it, sorry :guilty: We started working on it a while back (like months ago) and had almost got to the stage of putting on the final touches, then things took a few unexpected turns :crazy:

Basically there are a few things we need to sort out in-house. I know you saw @Bowtie-muscle's "Muscle cars, PD and you" project, so you've seen the piece he did on the tyre types and compounds. This was a bit unexpected and highlighted some things we never considered :dopey: So that's something we need to discuss, there are some others too. But time hasn't really been in our favour and RL has taken over our priorities for a large part of the summer. So unfortunately this has taken a bit of a back seat for the most part :( Rest assured though, we are still committed to this project and have every intention to get back to it once these small issues are worked out and time allows us 👍 With any luck it'll be sooner rather than later, but I can't make any promises :cool:

:cheers:
I hope you found the Tire part informative, and not the reason for the hold up. Depending on car choice, and I think I might know which, it should be an easy fix. Comforts work and are relatively close, but construction needs to be taken into account when choosing compound. But I trust you and @TurnLeft will figure it out and all will be well.:)

I hope you found the Tire part informative, and not the reason for the hold up. Depending on car choice, and I think I might know which, it should be an easy fix. Comforts work and are relatively close, but construction needs to be taken into account when choosing compound. But I trust you and @TurnLeft will figure it out and all will be well.:)
It was indeed helpful :) and really isn't a cause for the hold-up. My apologies if that's the impression I gave :guilty: I certainly didn't mean it to come across that way.

As I said above, it was just something we never gave any thought to really :dopey: But we live and we learn 👍 I wouldn't have it any other way :)

It was indeed helpful :) and really isn't a cause for the hold-up. My apologies if that's the impression I gave :guilty: I certainly didn't mean it to come across that way.

As I said above, it was just something we never gave any thought to really :dopey: But we live and we learn 👍 I wouldn't have it any other way :)
It did not come across that way, was just checking to be sure. 👍

Took the 300SL to the latest drift trial, had to remove the interior and leave 3PO in the pits (he was happily reconfiguring the fueling rigs, supposedly they are very similar to moisture vaporators) to meet the weight regulations and managed to get 3707.
Nice one :)👍 I noticed your score on my friends list, almost double the gold target. Excellent job :bowdown:

Nice avatar too :D

Hi guys, I just dropped in for five to check out the tune for the Merc, forty minutes later I'm still here.
Impressive , very much like eye candy the way you've organised the garage and soo much detail, obviously a lot of work done by you guys.
So I've built the cars and taken them for The mandatory laps around the designated tracks, 8.53.931 for the Merc ,I don't normally use comfort tyres but was pretty comfortable with the couple of laps I did, the Merc didn't seem as stable as the Vette but that could have been the different tyres, overall the car did well, the Vette on the other hand was great 11.12.275 , good traction , very stable and manageable throughout the whole track, well done.
Coincidently my birth date is 1954 but all I ever seem to get is the Citroen 2CV power house as a gift car.

Hi guys, I just dropped in for five to check out the tune for the Merc, forty minutes later I'm still here.
Impressive , very much like eye candy the way you've organised the garage and soo much detail, obviously a lot of work done by you guys.
So I've built the cars and taken them for The mandatory laps around the designated tracks, 8.53.931 for the Merc ,I don't normally use comfort tyres but was pretty comfortable with the couple of laps I did, the Merc didn't seem as stable as the Vette but that could have been the different tyres, overall the car did well, the Vette on the other hand was great 11.12.275 , good traction , very stable and manageable throughout the whole track, well done.
Coincidently my birth date is 1954 but all I ever seem to get is the Citroen 2CV power house as a gift car.
Well thank you for dropping by and trying our little vintage gems. Pretty good lap times you pulled out 👍. I really feel for you for the birthday car, I keep getting a '62 Mazda Carol and I'm from 1961, I think it wouldn't have been difficult giving the appropriate cars but let's not get too much on a rampage about that, there are worst things that can happen :lol:. I've added your name to the leader boards, and I'm really happy seeing a few others close to my age still playing and having fun :cool:. :cheers:

Well thank you for dropping by and trying our little vintage gems. Pretty good lap times you pulled out 👍. I really feel for you for the birthday car, I keep getting a '62 Mazda Carol and I'm from 1961, I think it wouldn't have been difficult giving the appropriate cars but let's not get too much on a rampage about that, there are worst things that can happen :lol:. I've added your name to the leader boards, and I'm really happy seeing a few others close to my age still playing and having fun :cool:. :cheers:

I think you'd be surprised at how many of the older guys are around, I usually race in the geezers club where 60 is the joining age, there's 55 or so members with a 74 year old still going strong and having a laugh.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear you had some fun with our cars :)...even if it means I move further down those leaderboards :( :lol: Well done with those times, 11:12.275 on Sierra is pretty impressive :bowdown: Great job :cheers:

Hi, I'm back!! Sorry I was on Vacation last week and just wanted to give myself a break and take some time off from my PS3. We were up north in Traverse City and enjoyed the cabin on the lake we had. :D To sit on the deck and read a book with a good beer, with nothing else to worry about was great. 👍

Between My Birthday and having dental work done (I needed bridgework done, ever had your teeth ground down Not Fun at all :scared: :nervous: :yuck:) it has been quite a month, it was nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the month

Now I'm ready to race again and my teeth are fixed

Hi, I'm back!! Sorry I was on Vacation last week and just wanted to give myself a break and take some time off from my PS3. We were up north in Traverse City and enjoyed the cabin on the lake we had. :D To sit on the deck and read a book with a good beer, with nothing else to worry about was great. 👍

Between My Birthday and having dental work done (I needed bridgework done, ever had your teeth ground down Not Fun at all :scared: :nervous: :yuck:) it has been quite a month, it was nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the month

Welcome back BG. No need to apologise for seeking a bit of R&R to recharge the batteries.
A belated Happy Birthday for whenever that was. If you say the 15th, I'll be spooked & we'll have something else in common besides a love classic cars & frothies.
Glad the chompers are all in order too :D 👍

Welcome back BG. No need to apologise for seeking a bit of R&R to recharge the batteries.
A belated Happy Birthday for whenever that was. If you say the 15th, I'll be spooked & we'll have something else in common besides a love classic cars & frothies.
Glad the chompers are all in order too :D 👍

Thank You and it's the 6th, but we're both Leo's 👍

So happy to see you back buddy :), and a very happy birthday and many others for you 👍.

Hey BG. What's kickin' chicken :) Nice to see you back my friend, I'm glad you've been having some nice relaxing time away and hope your well rested. Hope you had a great birthday too 👍

DSC_0014.JPG

Hey @RMan72, That Renault R8 Gordini '66 is quite the little drift car, :eek: 👍 I looked at the rankings and saw what car you were using. I figured I'd check it out, I'm glad I did, Thanks 👍

That little car can Drift, I got 4,740 👍 :D

I tweaked it a little bit (yea, right a little :rolleyes:) Well as much as I could. :D

I think I got the trans pretty close to being dialed in to get big drifts. 👍 :cool:

Nice Car Too!!! (Post Above ^) 👍 👍

Cheers Smiley.gif

Wow, that Corvette is so beautiful, I can't wait to get back a bit more coordination to be able to race again with you guys, and work on one of the projects we had :scared:, and of course pollute GTPlanet with my brand of humor :lol:.

Hey @RMan72, That Renault R8 Gordini '66 is quite the little drift car, :eek: 👍 I looked at the rankings and saw what car you were using. I figured I'd check it out, I'm glad I did, Thanks 👍

That little car can Drift, I got 4,740 👍 :D

I tweaked it a little bit (yea, right a little :rolleyes:) Well as much as I could. :D

I think I got the trans pretty close to being dialed in to get big drifts. 👍 :cool:

Nice Car Too!!! (Post Above ^) 👍 👍

View attachment 475002
Nice to here from you BG, by the way, you still brewing potions? :lol:

Hey @Thorin Cain

How's that wheel working out for you? :)

Did you get the hang of it yet and are you driving better with it?

View attachment 492198 & View attachment 492199
Hey BG :)

I'm getting there slowly bud, thanks for asking 👍 Let's just say it'll be a while still before I get as use to it, at least now I'm facing in the right direction a bit more :dopey:👍

Edit: Seasons greetings to you too, I hope you have a good one...and not too much beer :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back